Exotic pet abilities and Stampede

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Whiskeyjack

Exotic pet abilities and Stampede

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I can't find the answer to this anywhere, hopefully someone in the know can enlighten me.

With regards to exotic pets and their manually activated abilities (Hysteria, Burrow, Froststorm, etc.) will the pets summoned via Stampede automatically cast these abilities? I have a feeling they won't, since they're all on-activate abilities, but wouldn't hurt asking. :V
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Exotic pet abilities and Stampede

Unread post by pop »

Let say you use the glyph of stampede and your current active pet is a worm. If you use burrow, all of your other four worms will cast burrow as well and yes they stacked.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Unless you do as Pop just said, then nope, they won't use those abilities.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Whiskeyjack

Thanks for the tip. Using this method, I found that constantly spamming a KC macro with /cast Froststorm Breath with a chimera+Stampede was actually less dps than spamming KC with five different pets up during Stampede. (5 chimeras with five separate froststorm breaths were pretty spectacular to watch though) Pets used in this test were 2x spirit beasts, 1x worm, 1x chimera and 1x devilsaur.

Will try again tomorrow with the worm and macro combo, cbf waiting for the Stampede cooldown right now as it's 3.44am and way past my bedtime. XD

Is there an optimal lineup of pets to have in a Stampede, or is the glyph of Stampede generally more used?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'd say it depends on what buffs your group has, but even then, that's just min-maxing. As long as you have a lineup of ferocity pets with growl off, you're in good shape.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Whiskeyjack

So, 5 worms combined with a macro with /cast Burrow Attack culminated in a massive 17k+ dps. 5 chimeras was 8k, and 5 different pets was 13k. Interesting.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.