Favorite Pets Ever!:)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Shaynie
Realm: Malygos

Favorite Pets Ever!:)

Unread post by Shaynie »

Hi, I'm kinda new but I have been a hunter for a while now. I wanna know about your favorites pets ever, ones you have tamed, ones you wanna tame in the future or a story about taming that special pet. I'll go 1st: My three favorite pets of all time are rare spawns that make up my team. First we have (the not so but still says) rare blue spiked wind serpent, Sparkwing. I expected to wait while he spawned but when I got to the cave, there he was. I now named him Quetzalcoatl. Second is the more harder to find Heress. She's a TWO HEADED YELLOW GHOST ROC! I got there and went back and forth from the Western Plaugelands to the Eastern ones because there is the EXACT same pet but in white named Fene-Mal. Couldn't find either until after 2 hours Heress appeared and I tamed my Talon. The last one is a interesting story. I went to find Quall, a sapphire owl. I get there he's there I'm happy so I start taming. While I am taming a Hoarde Tauren hunter appears and is thinking, "If I can't have it, nobody will." and kills him while I was taming! I checked over and over to see if he respawned until I realized, it's a 24 hour respawn :( I had to go a whole 24 hours thinking of if he would be there or did I miss my only chance, but in the end I got my owl, named Gem :D I'd like to apologize if this is too long, it's my first thread. So now leave your stories I'd like to know :D
Image Quetzalcoatl Image Talon Image Gem
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Favorite Pets Ever!:)

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Quall has definitely made it to my favorites list. Magria, Anhka, Humar, Rak'shiri, and Loque are also favs.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

My number one is Tetsusaiga, or Echeyakee. I tamed him years and years and years ago. My second favorite is Apollyon, or King Krush. I didn't have to wait as long as many other people, but I still wanted him so bad I literally lost sleep over him.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Shaynie
Realm: Malygos

Unread post by Shaynie »

Well I am pretty low level so these are cool pets to me(for now). I can't wait to get to lv55 so I can get acroniss because the other arcane serpents are lv70's. If any of you get it, post a pic :D
Hawkeye
Realm: Aggramar

Unread post by Hawkeye »

So hard to put them in a favourite's order, but here goes...

1. Sambas (Maximus)
2. Loque'Nahak (Zeus)
3. Acroniss (Tempest)
4. King Krush (Hulk)
5. Skoll (Thor)
6. Skarr (Hannibal)

:D :D :D
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Acroniss is definitely my new favourite pet, at least, as far as Pandaria is concerned.

I still love my ghostly Spirit Beast cats, however. Of the ghostly beasts, the cats are the only one's I've grown any attachment to.

I REALLY wish they'd make a shiny ghostly spirit beast Wolf that resembles the Tol Barad ghost wolf mount. I don't care so much for the simply transparent ghost wolves that are already in-game. I've tried taming one, but the look doesn't speak to me. And while it's close, the Twilight Highlands Spirit beast wolf (sorry, I forget his name) has a strange body shape. It looks a bit too emaciated for me.
Last edited by Sukurachi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Hard to say… Of my newest pets, I think the blue arcane serpent takes the role of my favorite, but there are so many others I adore. The brown devilsaur model holds a place in my heart, as well as the red lynx. Skoll also has a solid place, and nowadays, the green Pandaria tiger.
So many pets I love.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

It is hard to pick "favourites", because I don't know if this implies favourite looks or favourite pets. I have a lot of hunters, all with special bonds with some of their pets, but I thought about it hard and narrowed my list down to the four that bring me the biggest emotions.

Image Hathor. I have told the story of my first hunter Ceredigion and his beloved condor time and time again. There is no need to repeat it now. Suffice it to say that even if that hunter technically no longer exists, and Mozag and Hathor do not share the same bond, Hathor is and will always be the first and most important pet I owned.

Image Mozag's closest friend is Mort. They have been together ever since she became a troll and I casually started searching for red pets for her, to make a stable theme. Her stables have since changed a lot, but Mort will never leave. He is the pet who will stand by Mozag until the servers shut down for good.

Image In Cata I was ecstatic that we could tame foxes, as I had dreamed of having a Goblin hunter with a cute fox by her side. Pearl and Lazuli did go through a lot together, but in time the bond failed. My adoration of this model never did however, and it is still one of my favourite in the game. Currently, Pearl has become my baby Dwarf hunter's pet, Hiisi. And while their bond is not like it was between the Goblin and her baby, I still feel the home is right for the skin.

Image All through Wrath, I stared at Hadronox and wished madly that one day the skin would be tameable. I loved the bone spider model, but was not so keen on the colours of the dark grey with the red eyes. I was enamoured of the purple eyes and web strands on this one. I remember sighing loudly to pugs of how beautiful she was and how I wish she would be mine some day, earning uncomfortable silences for my pains. When I heard that the skin would be available in Cataclysm, I confess I cried. Now, my beautiful spider, Rossetti (named after one of my favourite female poets) belongs to her Worgen mistress Alburga, and the two will never be parted.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Oh my, I didn't think I'd like the Spirit of the North... was I ever wrong!
It was my first "trick tame" (I never bothered with any of the cataclysm trick tames, except for the cat you ended to be nekid for.. I always up for getting nekid!).

It's really quite stunning in its pure white, transparent skin.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think if I were to narrow down my top 5 favourites, it would be these guys:

Skorn - My faithful sidekick since the beginning of WotLK, Skorn is cemented in his position as number one pet. He was the first undeniable bond I had with a pet, and he'll always be the best in my eyes. I love my devilsaur more than anything.

Aleister - This was a match that was meant to be as crocodiles are my absolute favourite animals, and purple's one of my favourite colours. I practically hyperventilated when we finally found a tameable one in the Cataclysm beta (I'd been waiting on the edge of my seat the entire time hoping it would show up). Aleister started out as Gorebite of course, but a few days ago I retamed him in the body of Craw the Ravager since it was too perfect to resist. I adore my sinister croc. <3

Reznor - I was one of the regretful ones who had missed the chance at taming Gezzarak during the brief time she was originally available. I'd been longing for the purple warp stalker since the days of Burning Crusade, and it was agony thinking that I had missed the chance forever. Cataclysm gave me one of the best gifts I could ever hope for by making her tameable again, and she became my long sought after Reznor. After 5.1 I happily swapped him to the new spawn Zormus, glad to have a source for the model that wasn't solely female. It wasn't Gezzarak herself I was necessarily enamored with, just the model, and while Gezz will always hold a special place in my heart, I am really attached to Zormus and his wonderful little crypt location.

Sabbath - This incredible death metal arachnid was the first unique skinned rare to completely attach himself to me. I am head over heels for this model with the electric blues and purples. Deth'tilac is probably one of my favourite rares of all time, he's such an epic mob, and Sabbath here is a very special spider to me. (I even named my baby tarantula after him)

Grudge - The fifth slot was a tough decision, but I think Grudge has always been one of my most developed pets in terms of back story and character. We've been through a lot together, and I've always been fond of the diseased pets. He was the 'Welcome Bear' back in the day, the first spawn on the other side of The Bulwark who would aggro lowbies who wandered too close.
Attachments
aleister.png
aleister.png (824.66 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
grudge.png
grudge.png (656.23 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
reznor.png
reznor.png (694.33 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
sabbath.png
sabbath.png (625.74 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
skorn.png
skorn.png (837.86 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Let's see.

Half of my favorite pets out there aren't even mine. Go figure.

Currently high up there is Cas, named after Castiel from, yes, you guessed it, Supernatural. I've been wanting to get into a female worgen forever, but I've always had issues with the model. This time around, when I made Feliandra, I decided to name my dog Cas because he was Cas and I love Cas and this was an adventure that would not fail.

I'm at level 31ish so far, the farthest progress with any fem worgen, and Cas is still by my side. I love that derpy dog.

Moonlight and Midnight, Rak'shiri and a random panther I tamed from STV, have the most sentimental value, even if I don't have them anymore. I still love them to bits. <3

As for other favorites...

I have a soft spot for Lupis' Loque, who is named Kamar. When Lupis, me and a friend of ours did daily runs at SC to try and get the dragon, Kamar would always consistently heal me without Lupis commanding him to. Thus, Kamar and I became huge bros. It probably didn't help that I was in my cat form...

And most importantly, this pet is still primarily fictional---Tirrae the Warp Stalker. She's another RP char of Lupis' who is the bestest and most adorable warpie around and I love her to bits. <3
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

My terropene Fireplace is my fav, but I also really like my amber encased scorpion who is still nameless he's crazy luck where my skills fail his save my blood elf behind. I'm totally in love with the maggot skin worm too.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Oh man... For some reason this is very difficult for Mia. XD I guess I'll put down the three that have not left my Active slot since taming them.

Krush
Krush is just.... he is the most important thing to me in the entirety of World of Warcraft. I had always loved devilsaurs and when they became tameable in Wrath I was just so excited. Then I found out about a green devilsaur, King Krush, and I knew I had to have him. I spent practically all of my time in Sholazar, flying around to his different spawn locations while mining up ore. Then one day I funally had him (it's kind of a long story so I'll leave it out), after preparing myself with the proper gear and pots and food buffs I had him and I have been the happiest hunter ever since. I love him so much, he's just perfect. There just... is no Mia without her green dinosaur.

Ping
Ping is one of the newest additions to Mia's stable, and he quickly became a favorite starting from the MoP beta. I discovered this quirky little crane standing on a boat int he Jade Forest and it was love at first sight. Sometimes he wears a hat. :P

Juran
Juran is a favorite that I never expected to be such a favorite. <3 I knew I wanted a dragon turtle fromt he moment I saw their models, but I never would have imagined that I'd get one that is just so great. When idle he makes these adorable little growly sounds and that jut absolutely sold me on him. Sure, he may be smaller than the other turtles, but he's a tenacious little tank and a great turtley friend. :D
Attachments
KrushMia.png
KrushMia.png (801.86 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Ping3.png
Ping3.png (837.08 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Juran3.png
Juran3.png (264.32 KiB) Viewed 2207 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr