Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wait so this new SB is common? or something? Cool.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

cowmuflage wrote:Wait so this new SB is common? or something? Cool.
At the moment, the respawn timer is around 10m. This of course could change prior to live.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Kalliope wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Wait so this new SB is common? or something? Cool.
At the moment, the respawn timer is around 10m. This of course could change prior to live.
Ah I see. Still I think it's cool.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Some people. Cheers to Blizzard! An actual Spirit Beast with 3 separate colors! And the high definition Dire Horns!
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Valamar
Realm: Madoran

Unread post by Valamar »

Imo, i love the new devilsaur, the old smirk on the old devilsaur is changed, new ones have a much more serious look on they're face, and they're less blocky.

Dire horns look great, blizz imo has really outdone themselves with some of the models so far.

the spirit beasts are the best, not the look but they aren't rare, making them easy to access. so now more hunters can get a spirit beast, sure skoll or loq may look better, imo, but this is something that was needed. don't really have any peeves so far
Kalliope

Oh yeah, and this hasn't actually been pointed out specifically yet, but Degu marks the first time we've had a red spirit beast. :D

YouTube Edition

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I don't think the 10 min timer will kick into live. I'm probably going to pass on them, honestly.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Kalliope wrote:Oh yeah, and this hasn't actually been pointed out specifically yet, but Degu marks the first time we've had a red spirit beast. :D
also marks the first time we have had spirit beasts after the release of an expansion and also the first time all recolors of the model have been available at the same time. also first time we have recieved spirit beasts after pet talents where redone so any pet can be any spec. LOTS OF FIRSTS HERE!
Kalliope

Zangor wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Oh yeah, and this hasn't actually been pointed out specifically yet, but Degu marks the first time we've had a red spirit beast. :D
also marks the first time we have had spirit beasts after the release of an expansion and also the first time all recolors of the model have been available at the same time. also first time we have recieved spirit beasts after pet talents where redone so any pet can be any spec. LOTS OF FIRSTS HERE!
And dire horns are the first new pet family introduced mid-expansion! ;)

YouTube Edition

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

technically hydra where the first as they where introduced midway through cataclysm 4.1 to be exact. but yes direhorns are the first properly tameable pet family introduced mid expansion
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

We still need that spirit beast devilsaur.... :-/
Account has been closed at user's request.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Zangor wrote:
I may be mistaken about this but the 2 spirit cats in Cata as well as the bird were release in 4.2 which was after the release of the expac.

Kalliope

Syleye wrote:
Zangor wrote:
I may be mistaken about this but the 2 spirit cats in Cata as well as the bird were release in 4.2 which was after the release of the expac.
Good catch; that's 100% true! Also, Gondria, Skoll, and Arcturis were all added later in Wrath.

I think Zangor meant that this is the first time we've had new spirit beasts introduced so late in an expansion (since Wrath had Loque at launch and Cata had Karoma and Ghostcrawler).

YouTube Edition

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

They were. They were introduced with Molten Front.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Ah ok, that would make sense, we have been starting with atleast one. :)

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

TheDoomcookie wrote:*crosses fingers* please increase dire horn size please increase dire horn size please increase dire horn size...

The thing that bothers me most with the new devilsaurs is their tongue. XD It really irks me how thin it gets toward the back, like it's just barely hanging on there. :P But other than that it's pretty cool. The face is a tad odd but I'm gad these guys are here. The devilsaur family needed more variation and it got it! :D And hey, I'll definitely tame a few on some characters. ^^

I meant to reply to this a while, ago, but:

The tongues are actually the same on the old models, the teeth are just a wee bit bigger that it hides it better. :3 I might also say that it's more prevalent on the newer model as the anim for the old models might be pulling it's mouth open further then it needs to. [To be honest, the way they open their mouth has always been just a tad wonky, imo!]

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Taeliana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, US

Unread post by Taeliana »

So, you all know how I feel about porcupines. Bristlespine and I have been pretty much inseparable since I dinged 87. I was EXTREMELY pumped by GC's suggestion of a spirit porcupine.

After seeing the screenshots though, I'm a little put off by them. I think I had something more solid in mind, like a Skoll or Loque'nahak look. As they stand now, they look like....I don't know....Gelatinous Spike Monsters who are hungry for your soul.

I remember saying to my bf that I'd swap to BM forever if they had spirit porcupines. Now i'm pretty sure I'll just stick with SV and Bristlespine.

Although I might give that red one a try...something about the red balances out the Gelatinous Spike Monster thing and makes it okay.

<3 Tae

***PORCUPINE IS FOR FITE***

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Protego wrote:Some people. Cheers to Blizzard! An actual Spirit Beast with 3 separate colors! And the high definition Dire Horns!
You mean apart from Gondria, Magria and Ankha? :P
The new spirit beasts I'm not personally too interested in, though. A spirit porcupine? Seems a tad silly for my tastes. Defo going for a green devilsaur and direhorn though.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

While I'm hoping for a Pterrordax mount, I'm actually not interested in having one as a hunter pet. I dislike the wider pets. (While I love the look of Chimaeras, the wing constantly clipping through my body drives me batty.)
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

GormanGhaste wrote:While I'm hoping for a Pterrordax mount, I'm actually not interested in having one as a hunter pet. I dislike the wider pets. (While I love the look of Chimaeras, the wing constantly clipping through my body drives me batty.)
Same here. I can't own a chimaera because of it and it saddens me. :/ And I feel like some creatures won't suit being pets and would make much better mounts.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)