Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I personally love all the tallstrider colors. :3

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Autumnshots
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Autumnshots »

Wassa wrote:
Autumnshots wrote:figures I'd get the ugliest thing a hunter can tame :lol:, I'll update this in a day or so with my story. :D
*hugs her tallstrider* D=
No, no, no, not all tallstriders are ugly, I really like them actually. I just don't like the brown ones >.>

Maggien
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Maggien »

Name: Maggien
Level: 87
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: No serpents, spiders, worms, or moths.
Rares I Have: All The Spirit Beasts.
Armory Link : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... -pet#50058
(:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Maggien:
Copper Wasp

::OR::

Green Crocolisk

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Right, anyways. xD I was given Image.

I decided to roll out to the horde base and look for a few rares. Flying around, Kar the Warmaker, and Meurta were disposed of, then rendezvous myself with my friends outside the phased area. There was a island, to our left. I remebered the crab, and saw him slowly skittering around on that island. I flew over. Phased. Dammit. I stood outside the phased area, and prompted my trash pet to bring him out. He was elite, after all. After a shot or two, I put the quilenw on passive, and let the crab skitter on over, shot him to get on aggro table, abandon, and tamed my new pet. After a sec or two, he was promptly at my side. The blue and dark colours reminded me of Ulduar, so that was his name. Being in the area, I decided to do Anglers dailies. Hopping on my Azure drake, and flying north, I stopped at the small encampment where they resided. I picked up the dailies and flew off. Ulduar lost some health in the battles, but proved good company. His model was gorgeous, and I adored the colours. After the dailies, however, I realized ulduar did not fit my personality enough, so I released him back to his lonely island. I still fly over and visit, he's doing fine. I might claim him in another life, but with 5.2 and buff pets, I don't think room will allow him to remain.

--
Bah, I'm tired. XD this is in Las' point of view, I suppose. >_> I'll get to Mael's next weekend, I was leveling my priest this weekend. X-x 78-84, yay.

Name:Lasgif
Level: 90
Exotics: Course
Restrictions: Monkies and gorillas.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No worries.

Eternallylostx(Lasgif):
Purple Tallstrider

[/center]
Raziella
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Raziella »

Name: Ethelyn
Level: 17
Exotics: Can't
Restrictions: No gorillas or monkeys please. :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Raziella(Ethelyn):
Dark Striped Cat

[/center]
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

I'll have a go!
Name: Farron
Level:19
Exotics: Can't
Restrictions: Spiders/Monkeys/Gorillas/bats/scorpions/beetles!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

At the moment, I'm leveling another hunter for the Ulduar FOS with my guild. He's going to need a companion to take him through his life! Think you can give me a nice one to go with? :)

Name: Mugwen
Level: 40 (leveling is faster than I thought!)
Exotics: No (too low level)
Restrictions: None. Go wild! ... or not.

EDITED: Level upped; I went from 29-37 in only a day. Ridiculously fast leveling between dungeons and questing and killing anything alive in between!
Last edited by Kurasu on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

SOooooooooOOOOoooo...

I was given the ghostly yellow two-headed vulture, Heress, to try out: Image

I noticed that it was one of the new rares, and so out of curiosity, I logged on right away to see if it was up. It was!

I tamed it up and stared at it.

I remember when I first made it to Outlands and I saw the two-headed model for the first time: I thought they were pretty cool! The heads are kinda cute.

However; I have a long, bad history with flappy, screechy pets. For example, when screech was first introduced, I gave it a try, and it did not go well...

(Kalhoun was an orc back then)

But, what the hell... let's give him a shot anyways!

I went back to Stormwind and logged, letting our grand adventure wait for another day.

Then I completely forgot about my pet challenge, since all of my WoW time is taken up lately by leveling an alt with my hubby and our friend. A few days later, I got it into my head that I would make our friend a Turbo-Charged Roflcopter (our friend is new to the game, and got his very first flying mount on Saturday), so I logged on to Kalhoun to begin farming.

Oh hello, Boris! Yes, your name is suddenly Boris now. Guess what? You're going to come run around Outlands with me while I farm a million ore and motes! Won't that be fun? You bet it will be!

Boris acted as my body guard as I collected the mats.

Eventually, I feared he was getting bored, so I let him chew on some very large things to break up the monotony.

THAT'LL TEACH YOU FOR STOMPING ON ME SIX YEARS AGO! Good boy, Boris.

Three hours later, give or take, we made our last rounds on Quel'danas before heading back to Shattrath.

Mission complete, Boris watched as I put the roflcopter together. Though I didn't really give him a grand adventure, I think I still bonded a little to him. I don't think he's a keeper, though - I just can't get past the way he constantly flaps, the fact that he's see-through, and the noises he makes.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

I still need to get around to doing dailies, so give me another roll please! ;)

Name: Kalhoun
Level:90
Exotics: Yup
Restrictions: None
Zhui
Realm: Earthen Ring, Wyrmrest Accord, Feathermoon

Unread post by Zhui »

Zhui clutched the parchment in her paw. It was good money. All she had to do was search out creatures, bond with them, test them out, and report back her findings. Simple.

This time, she was to search out a black vulture.

She looked again at the carrion birds flocking around a dead boar. Oh yes. Simple.

As they landed to feast, squabbling among themselves for the choicest bits, she almost left them to it. However, there was one that the others kept driving off. With a sigh of resignation, she swallowed her trepidation and went through the technique the trainer had taught her for getting an animal's attention.

It didn't take very long for the vulture to warm up to her, especially after she fed it. She determined it was male, and after watching him tear into the meat she offered, decided to call him Rip. After that, she got to work documenting him, using the procedures listed on the parchment.

He had a very nice wingspan, especially when viewed up close. Though he was smaller than she had expected.

He didn't really like the water, but he readily followed her in when asked to.

While setting up the gnomish picture device on the collapsible stand, she and Rip were interrupted by a group of thugs. Zhui decided not to include the other automatic pictures taken...(none of the combat shots I tried came out right :( )

Rip became curious over a crab. The crab didn't seem interested at all in Rip.

She took him back with her to Stormwind, to see how he would react around people. He didn't like it very much. Or maybe it was all that water in the harbor...

However, she worried he wouldn't get enough food, so she released him where the instructor had told her to in just such a case. A nice little retreat for the beasts that weren't quite suitable as companions, but not really suited to the wild either.

All in all, she liked the vulture. He did seem to have to flap his wings a lot to keep up, which could prove annoying.

Whee! That was quite a bit of fun. I think the carrion birds are very interesting. The black vulture isn't very pretty to look at on the surface, but I got some very nice shots of it I think.

And now, another roll please :D

Name: Zhui
Level:14 (Alliance)
Exotics: Can't tame yet
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

This took me a bit, sorry. School's been nasty the last few days.

Anyways, here I am, log into Uldum. For a split second, I'm like what? And then I remember I had been trying to kill Altarius. Evidently, by my lack of running and screaming you guess there was no dragon mount. Anyways, it reminded me of my proto drake run in UP I had to do (I swear this is related), and it hit me that I had a wasp to tame. It's cool, I'm in NR, I'll just hit up Sholazar--wait wrong model. I have the boss model. Meaning I had three choices--Mutilax in WPL, ZG (/shudders) or Krasarang. Queue long flight back to Dal, a port to SW, and a flight to WPL.

The last time I tried to find one of the rare spawns, I didn't have luck. I figured the RNG gods would play nicely today. It hadn't been a good day, and karma totally had to cash in its chips for me.
WoWScrnShot_012413_173619.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012413_173619.jpg (411.67 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
Not a wasp to be seen. So it was off to, inevitably, Krasarang.

Having never been to KW before, I was awfully lost. And wandered aimlessly until I saw it on the mini-map: Krasi Hissing Wasps. Unfortunately, I had managed to pretty much piss off every living creature--tiger, mogul, and wasps alike to find my particular wasp. The tame was relatively painless--those tiger maulings will totally heal sooner or later--and I had a wasp---wait where the hell did my wasp go?

On today's edition on: Find! That! Wasp!
WoWScrnShot_012413_184336.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012413_184336.jpg (319.96 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
I'm used to fairly small pets, thanks to my dog, Sparkles, but this was a pretty big surprise. Maybe hearthing will revert him to normal happy siz---

Uhm.
WoWScrnShot_012413_185153.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012413_185153.jpg (404.51 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
Well then.

So tiny wasp was named Garth. It seemed like a good name for a quirky tiny wasp. His namesake is an awfully quirky hunter after all.

Obligatory model shots:
WoWScrnShot_012413_185508.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012413_185508.jpg (223.62 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
WoWScrnShot_012413_185514.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012413_185514.jpg (263.78 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
Garth has a....surprisingly adorable face. It's not very toothy or angry, just sort of soft and sort of sweet. He likes "washing his face" with his claws, much like a cat would. ...Even if he refuses to do it for the camera when I'm paying attention. He's very shy. Also the colors on the scythes are rather pretty, a dusky sort of color. And his back pattern is quite striking.

Combat wise, Garth's ability is Sting, which stuns a target for 2 seconds (Edit, it turns out it is not 2 minutes, as I had assumed. A little less useful). Anyways, it was time for Garth and I to take care of a very angry vyrkul and his dragon. We decided to go and camo and---
WoWScrnShot_012413_190727.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012413_190727.jpg (180.84 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
Where did Garth go?!

Anyways, we killed Skadi and--

OH MY GOD?

CAN IT BE?

IS IT?
WoWScrnShot_012413_191408.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012413_191408.jpg (451.69 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
hahahahahhahahahah dammit

Despite the distinct lack of luck, Garth's tiny size is kind of appealing. I certainly wouldn't feel sad if he grew larger, but he's sort of adorable and still stingy and quirky. He'll stick around, I think, in my standard rotation. Sparkles'll like his companion, anyways

---

Reroll please?

Name: Azunara (Feliandra)
Level:89 (SOON)
Exotics: Eeeeh, nah.
Last edited by Azunara on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Azu. I am going to start a Garth fan club. He is freaking adorable. I think I may have to go tame one on Myri to see if the same happens to hers.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No worries Azu. :)
The fleshy bits of the black carrion bird have always creeped me out. xD

Sorry for the delayed rolls folks!

Kurasu(Mugwen):
Grey Hyena

Green Runed Demon Dog

Kalhoun:
Orange Beetle

Zhui:
Brown Cat

Green Firefly

Azunara(Feliandra):
White Crane

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Also, so as not to create any confusion for those reading these reports, Sting's duration is 2 seconds (not minutes) and has a 45 second cooldown. :) A 2 minute stun would be pretty OP. :P

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Serendipity82 wrote:Azu. I am going to start a Garth fan club. He is freaking adorable. I think I may have to go tame one on Myri to see if the same happens to hers.
Yeah, it was real weird when it happened. I thought it was one of the tiny baby wasps that also spawn around that I was trying to kill, only to find the mobs were dead and I had an itty bitty wasp. I even made sure to choose the bigger one as opposed to the tiny ones, mostly because I didn't know if I could tame the midgets.

He isssss, though. Ironically, SPN Garth is also hugely popular. xD

Also pffft, I saw 2 something and my brain was like "Minutes yes".

Okay, when you put it that way, Sting is less exciting.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

2 seconds is a little bit of a let down, it would be nice to have it at 4 or 5 (or like 6 for pve and like 3 or 4 for pvp or something). I dunno, maybe they think it would make BM hunters too OP or something. My guess is, because the duration is so short, is that Sting (and it's sister ability Sonic Blast) are meant to be used more like a quick interrupt than an actual stun.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I wouldn't have minded a 30 sec stun and like a 10 sec stun in PvP. It'd be great for a rapid CC "oh shit I've blown Freezing Trap and Wyvern Sting and I'm dying and FD is on cooldown I need something stat". Sting would be reaaaaal useful.

Ah well.