Seeking assistance taming Sambas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jared

Seeking assistance taming Sambas

Unread post by Jared »

I know his five spawn points and use NPC Scan but, thanks to the CRZ crap, haven't been able to catch him up in over two weeks. It didn't even take that long to tame him back when Cata was still new and Twilight Highlands was still crowded.

I did manage to catch him up on another server that I had a level 85 character on. I found someone in the zone that was willing to Btag me and invite my hunter on the other server in the hopes that it would pull me to his server's zone but it didn't work. :(
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Seeking assistance taming Sambas

Unread post by Thwip »

Ok, here is a couple things that I have noted when dealing with Btagging and grouping up.

1. If you are over the friend level, they will get pulled to your realm most often then not.
2. If you are both equal levels then it's random. [Most often not working the way you want it to.]
3. If you are under their level, then it reverts back to their realm. [See first instance.]
4. If you are of equal level, it no longer goes by party lead, but instead by who has the most from what server, aka, they have to have more people in party from their server then yours in order for it to work. More effective when they're both your level or higher.

Sometimes it takes some juggling to work around it, but it's still possible to have someone bring you to their realm and not vice versa so long as you keep more then one person from their realm in the group. It's kinda a 2:1 thing.

There is also plenty of us to try and help ya hunt down yer kitty if we knew what faction you played on? :3

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I'll check right now for ya before I log off but you aren't online right now :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Jared

Unread post by Jared »

My Horde hunter (named SharpShootêr) is on Proudmoore and my Alliance toon is on Undermine. Sambas was killed on Undermine around 6 pm EST so he should be spawning on that server again soon, assuming the six hour respawn timer is accurate.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thwip wrote:Ok, here is a couple things that I have noted when dealing with Btagging and grouping up.

1. If you are over the friend level, they will get pulled to your realm most often then not.
2. If you are both equal levels then it's random. [Most often not working the way you want it to.]
3. If you are under their level, then it reverts back to their realm. [See first instance.]
4. If you are of equal level, it no longer goes by party lead, but instead by who has the most from what server, aka, they have to have more people in party from their server then yours in order for it to work. More effective when they're both your level or higher.

Sometimes it takes some juggling to work around it, but it's still possible to have someone bring you to their realm and not vice versa so long as you keep more then one person from their realm in the group. It's kinda a 2:1 thing.

There is also plenty of us to try and help ya hunt down yer kitty if we knew what faction you played on? :3
Actually it does go by party lead if you're of equal level. I've done this many times. :) I pull people over to Moon Guard often enough. It hasn't changed.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Jared

Unread post by Jared »

Well, if anyone on any server sees Sambas, please drop a note here. I will be checking often. Thanks! If you want to throw a Btag invite my way, it's GMJared@yahoo.com.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

He's up on VeCo, sent you a request. :) Tarashi#1393

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Jared

Unread post by Jared »

Thanks to Ijomi, I now have Sambas!
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

:D Happy to help! The grand total now stands at:

Sambas
Magria
Karkin
Arcturis
Gondria

:lol: Just another slow day on The Venture Company.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Jared

Unread post by Jared »

I went into the Molten Front and my NPC Scan went bonkers alerting on all the tames in there. Skitter, Kirix, Karkin and one more that I don't remember.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Junrei wrote:
Thwip wrote:Ok, here is a couple things that I have noted when dealing with Btagging and grouping up.

Actually it does go by party lead if you're of equal level. I've done this many times. :) I pull people over to Moon Guard often enough. It hasn't changed.
:O That's good to know. I thought they'd changed it with 5.1. Could just be a little debacling on my end from criss-crossing PvE and RP, who knows! I have had it be wonky, but if people are still having an easy time with it that way, then YAY! Also, I know they -did- change the party lead thing for raid groups, I've done them many times now and we have to have more from Elune then from Illidan if we wanna kill the Sha on Elune. :3 [The change happened after a lot of people were abusing it for the Darkmoon rabbit, I remember that much, at least.]

Also, glad to hear you got your kitty, Jared!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma