Troll Druid Forms

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Troll Druid Forms

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think it would be good only if they make its face like longer or something i don't like the shortness of it does seem more dog like or something than cat like to me. But it should turn into a panther.tiger or lynx only tho seeing as they have gods for them and it would make sence they have been turning into them way before anyone else have been around!
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

The image in the OP is terrible. Whoever made that has a strong affinity towards cute and Trolls are anything but cute.

I think it's safe to say that the Troll forms will feature tusks (in the same way Tauren forms feature horns) but outside of that, who knows. My guesses are the cat form will be based on the tiger, the tank form based on the rhino, travel form some different tiger or maybe panther or cheetah model, flight form a bat. I think water form should be some sort of serpent and if the tree form is being kept for healing (I've heard it's being done away with but I'm not following Druid changes) some sort of Swamp Thing type look.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

an amani type bear would work well for there bear form.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

The amani warbear is a mount that wouldnt make sense. The fact is I dont see trolls being elegant they need to be tough and bristly but they wouldnt take panthers because the night elf cat is based off of that model. Maybe tiger..but they will have the same forms as everyone else. The only one that may be different is worgen because well...its gunna be interesting to see how those look. Wolf turning into cat dosent make sense :lol: I'm thinking a Dire Wolf form possibly but we shall see.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Nevar wrote:...Wolf turning into cat dosent make sense :lol: I'm thinking a Dire Wolf form possibly but we shall see.
I never really got why people think that a worgen turning into a cat is strange. Really, cats and dogs are only true enemies in pop culture and cartoons (Tom and Sylvester come to mind). Sure, dogs do enjoy chasing after cats, but they also chase after pretty much anything, their own tail included. Heck, our dog is best friends with our cats! One of our cats, Bella, even mistook our dog for her mother when she was a kitten - Bella followed her everywhere and cuddled up next to her whenever she laid down. :)

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well really wogen are still humans just with a curse and not wolfs so turning into a cat would not be too strange and when i ment amani bear i was talking about the amani bear god more than mount and it would make sense for a troll to turn into an avatar of there god.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-dis ... rm-sketch/

Found this on MMOChamp a second ago- love it.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Now that is an excellent concept. :3 I love it!
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Ok now that looks good, that should be it..not a tiger but THAT. Make it look trollish but kind of still like a distinct cat imo. And forest trols worship the bear god not really the darkspear.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

yeah but the trolls will still have a bear form so it would still make sense. Darkspaers don't worpship any troll bird gods yet im sure they will turn into a bird nor do they have a boomkin god :S. They should do a cat liek that BUT mix it will one of there cat gods they have like 4.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Looks OK, I guess...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

The OP lynx type model... despite having tusks, it doesn't say troll at all to me. It's a great looking model, just... no.

The mohawk looks too gimmick-y to me... but I looove the sketch found on mmo. Definitely looks troll-like to me.

However, instead of a cat, I'm rooting more for a serpent form in it's place, like the Druids of the Fang have in Wailing Caverns. Hoping Blizz steps out of the Bear/Cat/Cheetah/Seal mold and gives them unique animals, while staying true to the form mechanics.
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Whatever the forms end up being, they will probably be influenced by what we saw in the Zul'Drak zone and the two instances there, as it was that zone in which the Trolls discovered that Druidic tendencies run in the Troll culture.

So rhinos, bats, serpents, raptors and such would be the logical forms I would think.
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Good thinkin, mon. I hope you're right.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

There cat form should be human like the ones in ZG
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

The ones in ZG arent druids they are just trolls blessed with animal forms by their gods. The ones in ZG dont even want their power...they all thank you for releasing them after they are dead. That would make no sense what so ever - To bad they havent released any lore on why trolls become druids in the first place. I really hope they still have a bird form like everyone else a tusked bird would be TOO funny :lol:

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Didn't they say something about Blizzard will give trolls and druids cat and bear forms? If not, I'm probably the odd one out. I hope they DON'T get unique forms. It kind of screws the NEs and tauren over, they're stuck with classic bear and cat. And they won't give therm special forms, not after that overhaul with new models and colors.

If worgen and troll do get unqiue forms, I honestly don't want a wolf.

"Hi! I'm a wolf-guy. I can turn into a four legged wolf! lol."

Might as well make them run on all fours and say, "Look, guys! DPS form!"
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Aye they did say that trolls will get cat and bear form. Worgen I see being the challenging one - I cant wait to see what they do! :)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Nevar wrote:The ones in ZG arent druids they are just trolls blessed with animal forms by their gods. The ones in ZG dont even want their power...they all thank you for releasing them after they are dead. That would make no sense what so ever - To bad they havent released any lore on why trolls become druids in the first place. I really hope they still have a bird form like everyone else a tusked bird would be TOO funny :lol:
The Troll Druids will not be moon-worshippers like the the Night Elf and Tauren Druids. It's a different form of Druidism with a different source of power. The Zul'Drak Trolls worship the Loa, or animal spirits. They began sacrificing the Loa in an attempt to take the Loa's power for themselves so as to fight the Scourge. The quest chain in Zul'Drak includes freeing the Loa yet to be sacrificed.

Thus freed, and with the Scourge defeated, the proper worship and attempts to compensate for their actions is undertaken and the Druidic aspects come to light. Troll Druids will get their power from the worship of the animal spirits - the Loa - and this Druid culture and practice is strongest amongst the Drakkari and thus becomes available to the Darkspear of the Horde.

Many of the new race/class combinations are the result of discoveries made in WotLK, so look to the events therein to build possible scenarios for the new classes. Clearly the events and situations of the Drakkari in Zul'Drak are the catalyst for Trolls being able to be Druids.
Azunara wrote:Didn't they say something about Blizzard will give trolls and druids cat and bear forms? If not, I'm probably the odd one out. I hope they DON'T get unique forms. It kind of screws the NEs and tauren over, they're stuck with classic bear and cat. And they won't give therm special forms, not after that overhaul with new models and colors.
Why wouldn't they get unique forms? Why would a Troll Druid suddenly have horns? As I said above, the Troll's Druidic power comes from a different source, specifically animal spirits, so the animal forms will reflect that.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Nevar wrote:I think its awesome and with a little tweaking would do just fine it def looks convincing to me and I dont see trolls being an elegant cat rather tha a little ruff and tumble ball of fur. Maybe make them look more adult like and muscular but I think lynx fits it perfectly.

Originally I thought the forum was pretty cool then I decided against it. I mean, Bobcats don't seem to fit Trolls. I'm not looking for an elegant cat but, Lions fit Taurens imo because Taurens while not prideful creatures, are as strong as the earth, as caring for their children and as uncannily graceful. Like why lynx/panthers fit Night Elves.

But a troll as a bob cat/lynx basically? No. I see them as more like tigers. Savage creatures of deadly cunning and brutal intellect. I mean, Sher Khan was the most famous man eater of them all..

And you need to remember the lore that is closest to druidism for a troll is basically a troll that was one with a forest/jungle, that could even get the very trees to move and attack- I'm seeing more of a Tiger for them than a bobcat.

Edit: Since some people never knew of the class I stumbled upon way back when before petopia forums;
A wilderness stalker uses stealth to slip unseen and unheard through the woods and sneak in close to her prey. Born of instinct among the tauren and the trolls in ancient times, the way of the wilderness stalker has become a set of skills passed from one generation to another - and to the occasional ally, such as the orcs of the Horde. The mok'nathal have also developed the techniques of becoming wilderness stalkers - claiming the wilds of Azeroth, becoming true people of the land.

A wilderness stalker emphasizes thrown weapons as well as bonding with the world around her. Their Alliance counterparts, elven rangers, may be guardians and hunters as well, but wilderness stalkers are true creatures of the wild. They gain mastery over the terrain in which they battle, learning how to use the environment to their best advantage. No one can match a wilderness stalker for her ability to survive in harsh environments. Wilderness stalkers claim that that the lands speak to them, aiding them in their hunting and protecting them.HPG 80

Though a wilderness stalker excels at closing on unaware prey, she knows that their prey will occasionally sense her before she can get within reach and thus, many wilderness stalkers are also skilled at throwing weapons at a bolting target. A wilderness stalker may move through any sort of nonmagical undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas and other similar terrain) at her normal speed without taking damage or suffering any other way.

A wilderness stalker gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells. Wilderness stalkers call upon the spirits of the land and nature to help them. Their spells deal with hunting and surviving in the natural world. In time the wilderness stalker learns the languages of the animals and trees around her, and may speak with any animals or plants. The wilderness stalker learns to become one with the world around her and blend into it. The wilderness stalker learns how to call upon the spirits of trees for help in battle. The higly skilled wilderness stalker can move entire forests to fight for her.HPG 82,83
and http://www.wowwiki.com/Wilderness_stalker

This was the closest thing that seemed Druid to me but it was still a stretch.

Edit again.

It seems it's a cross of Wilderness Stalker and Primal http://www.wowwiki.com/Primal for a Druid Troll. O_o