More nerfs... and other changes.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: More nerfs... and other changes.

Unread post by Quiv »

OK so I assume it is a PVP balancing thing.

Well Counter Shot still locks out the school it interrupted. If you lock a resto druid out of nature, it isn't 100% locked down but 90-95% of its arsenal is based around nature spells. Lock a Hpaly out of holy and well there goes the vast majority of its spellbook.

I guess I don't see the appreciable difference between giving us a baseline 3 second 100% spell lockdown verses a 3 second 90-95% spell lockdown, at least not enough of a difference to warrant the shuck-n-jive they have been doing with Silencing shot. I'll take counter shot though, it really is no skin off my back.

Edit: I guess I can see a Fire mage still being able to use Frost nova as appreciable, but I cant imagine there are many useful (ie breaking PVP without it) off-school spells like Nova for classes. I can't see a shadow priest unable to cast a holy school spell for 3 seconds against an SV/BM hunter as game breaking. I also don't see why it is OK for Marks to lock a fire mage out of nova but it isn't ok for Survival, but I suppose thats a "big picture" thing that I don't have the perspective/scope to see.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Quivering wrote:OK so I assume it is a PVP balancing thing.

Well Counter Shot still locks out the school it interrupted. If you lock a resto druid out of nature, it isn't 100% locked down but 90-95% of its arsenal is based around nature spells. Lock a Hpaly out of holy and well there goes the vast majority of its spellbook.

I guess I don't see the appreciable difference between giving us a baseline 3 second 100% spell lockdown verses a 3 second 90-95% spell lockdown, at least not enough of a difference to warrant the shuck-n-jive they have been doing with Silencing shot. I'll take counter shot though, it really is no skin off my back.

Edit: I guess I can see a Fire mage still being able to use Frost nova as appreciable, but I cant imagine there are many useful (ie breaking PVP without it) off-school spells like Nova for classes. I can't see a shadow priest unable to cast a holy school spell for 3 seconds against an SV/BM hunter as game breaking. I also don't see why it is OK for Marks to lock a fire mage out of nova but it isn't ok for Survival, but I suppose thats a "big picture" thing that I don't have the perspective/scope to see.
As long as we can still tame the pets, and deal with Panderia rares...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Slickrock wrote:As long as we can still tame the pets, and deal with Panderia rares...
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Quivering wrote:OK so I assume it is a PVP balancing thing.

Spell school locks are just a pain more than oh freaking hell run like a silence is, they won't stop you fighting though. The problem comes from if say something countered me while using Starsurge as that locks everything known to man down. Starsurge has a wonderful habit of backfiring on me for many reasons :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Quivering wrote:
Slickrock wrote:As long as we can still tame the pets, and deal with Panderia rares...
I just lost it at that image.

So semi-decent changes do happen when we all hold our breath? Hmmmm.

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Nevish wrote:So semi-decent changes do happen when we all hold our breath? Hmmmm.
Or we raise hell like warlocks did. ;)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ickabob wrote:
Nevish wrote:So semi-decent changes do happen when we all hold our breath? Hmmmm.
Or we raise hell like warlocks did. ;)
Damn right!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Quivering wrote:
I have barely been following this discussion.. Now I will because Leo. /dreamy sigh..

Tunderbrew
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Unread post by Tunderbrew »

Leo: the new spokesman for Hunters :3

Took a breather from the main forums for a bit. Any more Blue posts of interest pop up? I'm curious if they'll address our brez and heroism issues.

*Looks like charges for Deterrence and Disengage have made it on to PTR with the removal of Readiness. Here's to hoping offensive abilities will soon follow suit to give us rotation options. I understand the PvP rage over double BW, but this could be addressed with an ICD or debuff on the cc break element, as has been suggested numerous times*
For Ironforge!
Warcraft Pets
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Though it's been a long while since, many moons ago I'd been told via GM that the non-resetting cooldowns on rez and ancient hysteria was deliberate, because they're not meant to be quite as good as the normal versions brought by players.