Pet skins that are still untameable

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Message
Author
coraman2009
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 pm
Realm: Baelgun
Gender: male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#381 Unread post by coraman2009 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:25 am

thank u so just some ideas i thought of i saw u put the lobstrock for crabs did u think about maybe the new model yeti in the gorilla category? and also aquatic beast as u have prob seen the sea pony and puffer mini pets there aquatic and have a bubble maybe that can work too for hunter pets there land "walking" would be in the bubble and there "swimming" animation would be the bubble popping and them well doing there normal thing lol

User avatar
Thorka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Location: Stranglethorn Vale
Contact:

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#382 Unread post by Thorka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 pm

coraman2009 wrote:thank u so just some ideas i thought of i saw u put the lobstrock for crabs did u think about maybe the new model yeti in the gorilla category? and also aquatic beast as u have prob seen the sea pony and puffer mini pets there aquatic and have a bubble maybe that can work too for hunter pets there land "walking" would be in the bubble and there "swimming" animation would be the bubble popping and them well doing there normal thing lol
Agreeing here. Would love LOVE to see some aquatic pets. However, there is the issue of the globe of water having the potential to obstruct the views of players and all that. As much as I would love to have my very own shark or stingray, I doubt Blizzard would do it :cry:
And, as of yet, there's no aquatic family. The horror! D:

Image
Icon by Seilahyn! Signature by Vephriel.


Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#383 Unread post by Zhinru » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Thorka wrote:Agreeing here. Would love LOVE to see some aquatic pets. However, there is the issue of the globe of water having the potential to obstruct the views of players and all that. As much as I would love to have my very own shark or stingray, I doubt Blizzard would do it :cry:
And, as of yet, there's no aquatic family. The horror! D:
Or we could go the GW2 way (I know, sacrilege) and have some pets be summonable only in water, some summonable only outside of water, and some in both? This would also mean we could mark worms as ground-only and have the tunnelers back.
Image

User avatar
Thorka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Location: Stranglethorn Vale
Contact:

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#384 Unread post by Thorka » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Zhinru wrote: Or we could go the GW2 way (I know, sacrilege) and have some pets be summonable only in water, some summonable only outside of water, and some in both? This would also mean we could mark worms as ground-only and have the tunnelers back.
Hmm. I could see that. Yet, I think it'd sadly, only make things a bit more complicated. Would be a shame to only use our sharks in Vashj'ir and other water-centric zones :cry:
I do like the idea of making tunnelers ground only, though. It would explain the need to not have a swim animation. Were we ever able to even tame them?

Image
Icon by Seilahyn! Signature by Vephriel.


Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#385 Unread post by Zhinru » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Thorka wrote:Hmm. I could see that. Yet, I think it'd sadly, only make things a bit more complicated. Would be a shame to only use our sharks in Vashj'ir and other water-centric zones :cry:
I do like the idea of making tunnelers ground only, though. It would explain the need to not have a swim animation. Were we ever able to even tame them?
For a short time on 5.1 PTR, one of the new rares had a model of a tunneler.

That shark (or other fish) would be usable in any sufficiently big body of water so if you got into a fight in a river or lake even on a battleground, you'd still be able to replace your wolf or devilsaur with a shark.
Image

User avatar
Thorka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Location: Stranglethorn Vale
Contact:

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#386 Unread post by Thorka » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Zhinru wrote: For a short time on 5.1 PTR, one of the new rares had a model of a tunneler.

That shark (or other fish) would be usable in any sufficiently big body of water so if you got into a fight in a river or lake even on a battleground, you'd still be able to replace your wolf or devilsaur with a shark.
Woah. I would've killed for a tunneler o: Was anyone able to tame one?
Hm. I could see it. At least we'd be able to have our sharks and other aquatic animals in the first place.

Image
Icon by Seilahyn! Signature by Vephriel.


User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#387 Unread post by Kalliope » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Thorka wrote:Woah. I would've killed for a tunneler o: Was anyone able to tame one?
Only briefly on the PTR. Long enough for a video, though. :)

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#388 Unread post by Zhinru » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Thorka wrote:Woah. I would've killed for a tunneler o: Was anyone able to tame one?
PTR, so nothing carried through to live, but there should be a video from Kalliope showing it off, as well as a bunch of posts on the 5.1 PTR section here.

EDIT: And Kalliope herself ninja'd my post. I didn't even need to call her three times.
Image

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#389 Unread post by Kalliope » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:47 pm

As soon as I figure out what "Bat Symbol" I respond to, I'll letcha know. :D

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11729
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#390 Unread post by Wain » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 pm

I updated the list to reflect the cat and ravager skins that had been copied over to other models with 5.2 and are now actually free for devs to use. Also the new Albino tiger skin that was added. None of these have been seen on wild beasts yet.

In total, they are:

New for regular tiger model:
ImageTigerSkinAlbino (new skin added in 5.2)
ImageSpectralTigerBlue (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerGreen (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerPurple (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
New for hunched tiger model:
ImageTigerSkinAlbino (new skin added in 5.2)
ImageSpectralTigerBlue (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerGreen (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerPurple (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
New for sabre tiger model:
ImageRidingTigerSkinAlbino (new skin added in 5.2)
ImageLionessSkinGold (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinBlackSpotted (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinBlackStriped (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageSpectralTigerBlue (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerPurple (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageTigerSkinAmber (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinAmethyst (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinBlackGem (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinDiamond (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinJade (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinRuby (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinSaphire (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinTurquoise (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)

New for elite ravager model:
ImageCrawlerGreen
ImageCrawlerOrange
ImageCrawlerPurple

I also added the version of the white crane skin that was hiding in the "Alternate" folder. It's actually grey:
ImageCraneWhite (grey)

Still need to be copied:
To regular / hunched tiger from frostsabre model:
  • RidingTigerSkinAqua
  • RidingTigerSkinGoldNoSaddle
  • RidingTigerSkinLavender
To frostsabre model:
... from regular model:
  • TigerSkinGreen
... from spirit beast ('SpectralFeral') model:
  • SpectralTigerGreen
To elite ravager ('CrawlerElite') from regular ravager ('Crawler') model:
  • CrawlerVar1
  • CrawlerVar2
  • CrawlerVar3
  • CrawlerVar4
  • CrawlerVar5
  • CrawlerVar6
  • CrawlerVar7
  • CrawlerVar8
  • CrawlerVar9
To Crane model from 'alternate' folder Crane model:
  • CraneWhite (alternative version, actually grey)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11729
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#391 Unread post by Wain » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 am

I updated a few things:

- Added the two direhorn and one devilsaur skins that were removed and replaced while still on the PTR. They're all beautiful and it was a shame they couldn't be returned for use on rares or in other situations.

- Added the stone direhorn skins, none of which are available on any wild beasts, to my knowledge.

- Removed larvae from the top list and moved it to the "Untameable models that could fit in existing families" list in the third post. Since larvae are once more untameable.

I'll add the new model bats when I can get shots that include their wings. To my knowledge none have been used in the game yet, which seems like a waste. Perhaps they're inside the raid?

Also, not sure whether to include the new Thunder Isle birds here as birds of prey or something. Again, I don't think they've been used anywhere but in the raid. Such a shame.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#392 Unread post by Zhinru » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 am

Wain wrote:Also, not sure whether to include the new Thunder Isle birds here as birds of prey or something. Again, I don't think they've been used anywhere but in the raid. Such a shame.
Given the animations on at least Ji-Kun, I guess they're supposed to be a thunder phoenix.
(Now if only we could get shadow phoenix on mobs, and an ice phoenix, we would just wait for a new pet family)
Image

User avatar
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:14 pm
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood
Gender: Male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#393 Unread post by Equeon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Wain wrote:I updated a few things:

- Added the two direhorn and one devilsaur skins that were removed and replaced while still on the PTR. They're all beautiful and it was a shame they couldn't be returned for use on rares or in other situations.

- Added the stone direhorn skins, none of which are available on any wild beasts, to my knowledge.

- Removed larvae from the top list and moved it to the "Untameable models that could fit in existing families" list in the third post. Since larvae are once more untameable.

I'll add the new model bats when I can get shots that include their wings. To my knowledge none have been used in the game yet, which seems like a waste. Perhaps they're inside the raid?

Also, not sure whether to include the new Thunder Isle birds here as birds of prey or something. Again, I don't think they've been used anywhere but in the raid. Such a shame.
It seems a real waste if these are not used. They'd so perfectly fit on existing families.

Bats -> Bats
Thunderbirds -> Birds of Prey
Young Thunderbirds -> Raptors

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11729
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#394 Unread post by Wain » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Equeon wrote: It seems a real waste if these are not used. They'd so perfectly fit on existing families.
I think part of the problem is that there aren't any "stitched together" files for the new bat skins yet. The wings and bodies cannot easily be shown on the same model. I'm guessing the art team just hasn't gotten around to it yet and the designers can't use them till they do. That's my theory.

The mount model is different. There's one colour that is already assembled.

Why they didn't choose to use the new thunder birds on the isle, I don't know. There's a pile of lovely colours.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US
Gender: The Manliest Man ever
Location: Aincrad
Contact:

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#395 Unread post by Zangor » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 am

i want a tameable version of the echo of Kros. SPIRIT DEVILSAUR GOLD RIGHT THERE!

User avatar
Fohlenten
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#396 Unread post by Fohlenten » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Charhounds may or may not be a tamable pet in 5.3

The Kor'kron summon them from Ragefire Chasm, and they're currently listed as (Beast, Tamable, Dog.)

Can someone confirm or deny this?

User avatar
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:14 pm
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood
Gender: Male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#397 Unread post by Equeon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Fohlenten wrote:Charhounds may or may not be a tamable pet in 5.3

The Kor'kron summon them from Ragefire Chasm, and they're currently listed as (Beast, Tamable, Dog.)

Can someone confirm or deny this?
I can deny this, sadly. So far no charhounds are tameable.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11729
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#398 Unread post by Wain » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 am

My first update in a while!

I've finally got WMV to render the wings on the new model bats, so I just added them to the list. Click on the thumbnails to see full-size images.

ImageBatGreen
ImageBatGrey
ImageBatTroll: also has an optional saddle version. Presumably also intended for a Troll mount
ImageBatUndead: also has an optional saddle version. Presumably also intended for a Forsaken mount
ImageBatWhite

So far none have been used in the game. I have no idea why they weren't used in Pandaria somewhere, but maybe they have their reasons.

They should also appear as unused looks on Petopia when the site is updated next.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

ligewolf
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm
Realm: the Underbog/ Kul Tiras (H) US
Gender: male

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#399 Unread post by ligewolf » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 pm

i still am waiting for the armadeggon armadillo out in uldum to be tamable.

User avatar
WhyNotCats909
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Re: Pet skins that are still untameable

#400 Unread post by WhyNotCats909 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:31 pm

I love the albino cat skin :( wish so much it was tameable, especially the red eyes version. It looks so amazing. And the white gem cat. I was thinking of suggesting t, maybe they'll use it :)
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.

Post Reply