Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dungeons

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Sarayana »

Ryai wrote:Not a dungeon but it happened after. Come out, into the basin, just in time to see a cow die. Alright cow is probably a fail farmer. I wait around, he revives. Imediately heals himself, aggros two rhinos. Using mostly starfire and moon fire with an occasional rooting. So I stare, and then whisper, why aren't you using boomkin. Cause the guy almost died, on two rhinos in squishy caster form.

His response is basically; Boomkin only gives 5% crit, it's worthless outside of raids and groups, why should it matter if I use it lol.

He never used barkskin, or treants, from what I saw, either.

>_< this so far is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Well look on the bright side: he deserved the ghost run and repair bill.

I love those "wtf why are you telling me what to do, I know my class/spec perfectly well" that get the facts wrong. xD

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Saturo »

Ah, retarded Druids... I have some horrorstories, but this time I think I'll go for a short one. A guy asks for an invite into my guild (a somewhat esteemed raiding guild), and I, being the chief recruitment officer, take a look at him. Back then, ToC was the thing, so I check his gear. He has a hell of a lot of blue castergear, and it looks healer-y, since only one piece has hitrating. We were in need of either a shammy or an ent back then, so I'm like "this guy could probably gear up...". I take a look at his spec. Feral. With both tankingstuff and DPSthingies. So I ask, "What's with your gear and spec?". "I haven't had time to respec yet, but I have all the gear I need." "To resto?" "No, boomkin."

/facepalm

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 am
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels
Gender: Male
Location: Huh, never seen THAT before....
Contact:

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

I am reminded of......Hall's of Stone, I believe. We had a rogue who was in all PvP gear, up to date at the time, who wasn't even breaking 1,500 DPS. This was back when I was first starting to seriously gear my hunter, so I was only breaking 2,500 or so myself, but my gear wasn't anywhere near this guy. Well he manages to pull an entire group via facepull, and nearly dies. Blows evasion, blows vanish. Then he starts tearing into the tank, and the healer, screaming about how bad they suck. The tank goes "Dude, not only did YOU pull those, but you also aren't doing a whole lot to help us out here, your DPS is kind of low for your gear." And the guy proceeds to go "Lul, I am PvP specced, I do shit damage. I could kick ur ass tho'!" This is five minutes into the instance. He proceeds to sit down and do nothing, and goes "U guys can kick me." So we all take a break, and wait for the timer to be up. He's going "Lul, u guys won't be able to kick me even when the timer is up!"

Needless to say, we got a mage after he was gone and finished with no problems.

Image

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Ryno »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:"Lul, I am PvP specced, I do shit damage. I could kick ur ass tho'!"
I HATE people who pull this. As if PvP performance matters a rat's ass in dungeons. SERIOUSLY.

/bangs head on table repeatedly

Image

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Sarayana »

Ryno wrote:
Palladiamorsdeus wrote:"Lul, I am PvP specced, I do shit damage. I could kick ur ass tho'!"
I HATE people who pull this. As if PvP performance matters a rat's ass in dungeons. SERIOUSLY.

/bangs head on table repeatedly
I don't get it though... you're supposed to kill people in pvp too. I mean, pvp specs are about survivability, for sure, but they're also about burst damage. If he can't put out decent damage in a simple dungeon then I sincerely doubt he can kick anyone's ass without the help of a full raid of fellow faction members.

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Saturo »

He was a rogue. Rogues don't need good DPS with their stunlocks.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Sarayana »

Ah. :|

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Provided you know how to stunlock :P But Rogues also have a lot of 'OCRAP ESCAPE BUTTONS' too, so if they can't burn you down fast enough they can just vanish (literally).

As for my story, the only thing I can really think of was a random run of Old Kingdom (my first, actually). I had my white devilsaur out and one of the others kept insisting on calling it 'Boopsy' or something like that, instead of her actual name (Felyndril). It wasn't really that bad, seeing as the group worked well together and they didn't resent me for having a pet or anything; in fact they loved my devilsaur. And I'm pretty sure Fely probably enjoyed the attention too. But it WAS silly. :)

~VelkynKarma

Image

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>


A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, most rogues would spec to increase the duration of their stuns and such. Damage is less important, stuns are the thing.

There's basically two ways to PvP as a Rogue. Stunlocks or stealthing around, waiting for an enemy to start fighting someone on your team, so you can swoop in and crit them down. Most go fo the stunlocks, as a burst-rogue is nearly useless alone.

WTB Dino named Boopsy, btw.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Saturo wrote:Aye, most rogues would spec to increase the duration of their stuns and such. Damage is less important, stuns are the thing.

WTB Dino named Boopsy, btw.
Yeah, stuns can be lethal even on non-pvp specc'd rogues. I still remember running one of the Hellfire dungeons on my Mut-spec rogue before Wrath came out...forget which one. But our party unexpectedly started wiping on one trash pack because our guildie was still new to tanking. All we had left was the Spriest and me. The Spriest MC'd one of the remaining trashmobs while I stunlocked and killed the second one almost single-handedly and then waited for my cooldowns to finish before releasing the first for me to kill the same way, XD. That was fun.

And yes. Fely still wishes Sil would call her Boopsy somedays, I suppose. She's the baby of my team, and she likes the attention.

~VelkynKarma

Image

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>


A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

User avatar
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 am
Realm: Ysera
Gender: Female

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Phyra »

I've actually a pair of stories, that to this day have stuck in my mind, despite them occurring back in the early parts of Burning Crusade.


While leveling my little Blood Elf Hunter I had an event happen that still perplexes me to this day. We were in Wailing Caverns, and I forget exactly how the Tank and Healer died, but they bit it. The healer pops and is running back. I take this time to rez my pet. All of a sudden the party chat erupts with furious profanities and indignation. It was the Tank - who was Party Leader. It has been a while, but the conversation that follows is paraphrased:

Tank: WTF!!! REZ ME! YOU CAUSED MY DEATH! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HEALING ME OVER YOUR PET!
Me: I can't. I'm a hunter.
Tank: LIAR! I JUST SAW YOU REZ YOUR #%!@# PET!

Well I attempted to further explain myself, and found myself out of a group/kicked and the Tank set me on ignore. Color me confused. The others in the group dropped and whispered me. We reformed and ran it smoothly after.

===

A second time, as my Hunter at this point in time has been Lv70 for a while, I had started leveling a Priest! Well time comes to where we need to run Scarlet Monastery. A Tank buddy of mine and myself start pulling up a PUG to do it.

We grab a few folks, and start in SM. I'm noticing a few things. It's going to be a bad group since the PUG people were all friends/knew each other. There was going to be no way to comfortably address this. What was the problem?

The hunter's pet had growl on. Not bad. Fixable. The other thing? The hunter was meleeing. Yes. Not using a bow. It was at this point we looked at his gear and were highly perplexed at how he had a lv8 bow still. Oh. And his pet was set on aggressive. See conversation below.

Having a hunter, I politely pull him aside and question him:
(again paraphrasing as this happened a while ago)


Me: Hey there! I'm noticing a few things that are actually a little bit of a problem. We're willing to work with you to help you get appropriate gear and help better yourself.
Hunter: ?!?!?!??
Me: What I mean is, first you cannot have Growl on. Also, please set your pet to Passive or Defensive. You cannot have it on Aggressive due to the tank needing to maintain aggro and control the mobs.
Hunter: Screw you. I know what I'm doing! You're a priest. Shut up and heal.
Me: Your pet is pulling mobs out of order and causing problems in the party. Also, why are you meleeing? You're a hunter and should be at range shooting.
Hunter: You don't know what you're talking about! I do more damage when I fight beside my pet, and he is set to aggressive!


(He spoke in the typical AOL chat speech. However I'm not dumbing myself down to type that way)


At this point, the other 2 Pugger friends tried to back him up. The tank and I wished them well and booted ourselves from the group @_x;

Never mind Warlock had a voidwalker and the mage was DPSing beside the Tank too. Durp. Fail.
User avatar
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 am
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)
Gender: Female Dragonkin
Location: Albany Oregon USA
Contact:

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Phyra wrote:I've actually a pair of stories, that to this day have stuck in my mind, despite them occurring back in the early parts of Burning Crusade.


While leveling my little Blood Elf Hunter I had an event happen that still perplexes me to this day. We were in Wailing Caverns, and I forget exactly how the Tank and Healer died, but they bit it. The healer pops and is running back. I take this time to rez my pet. All of a sudden the party chat erupts with furious profanities and indignation. It was the Tank - who was Party Leader. It has been a while, but the conversation that follows is paraphrased:

Tank: WTF!!! REZ ME! YOU CAUSED MY DEATH! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HEALING ME OVER YOUR PET!
Me: I can't. I'm a hunter.
Tank: LIAR! I JUST SAW YOU REZ YOUR #%!@# PET!

Well I attempted to further explain myself, and found myself out of a group/kicked and the Tank set me on ignore. Color me confused. The others in the group dropped and whispered me. We reformed and ran it smoothly after.
Epic.

Image

Image

Image
Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 am
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels
Gender: Male
Location: Huh, never seen THAT before....
Contact:

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

A well played rogue is the biggest load of crap in PvP. That being said, burst is still a MASSIVE part of PvP, especially now days. He should have been at least putting out damage on par, preferably ABOVE me in what my gear was back then. He was just a moron.

If I could heal other people with my mend pet, or rez people, yer damn right I'd do it in a heart beat. Though I still wish the stupid thing scaled.

Image

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
User avatar
Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: male

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Gala »

I tend to leave most classes alone unless i know them very, very well. So that leaves me with Pally Stories.

I started my pally back in the middle of BC, and my GM at the time convinced me to go Ret. He was on a PVP kick at the time I believe, which gives him a somewhat decent excuse to recommend that for me. So, I leveled Ret during the middle of BC.

Let that sink in for a moment.

You have no idea the amount of hate I got for wanting to DPS dungeons as a paladin. So I made it my personal goal to raid as Ret during BC.

People did not like this. One time I was asking in /1 in zangarmarsh (cause that was how we found groups back in the day; i still dont know how we did it) for a dungeon, and /1 erupted into "If you want to dps stuff, you should have rolled a rogue", etc etc. So I challenge the enhancement shammy to a DPS-off in....Underbog i believe. My gf brought her rogue, and we got a full group and we were off.

I beat the shammy.

Now, im not one to toot my own horn. Hell, most of yall who know me here know that i keep pretty quiet. But me beating other DPS was not a strange thing for me. I honestly I have no idea how I did it. I attribute it to not being pants-on-head retarded.

This long winded experience taught me one thing though: Every Spec is raid viable. No matter what.

So I guess that stupid thing i heard was "spec x of class y is not made for raiding"

derp derp.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 am
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels
Gender: Male
Location: Huh, never seen THAT before....
Contact:

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

It isn't that they aren't made for raiding, it was just fairly common practice from Vanilla up through TBC that some classes or specs were just built for raiding, while others weren't. I'll be honest with you, retribution was just an all around joke for a long time. Could you do something with it? Sure, but most of that was auto-attacking and praying for a double critical from melee and then seal of command.

Image

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Ryno »

Phyra wrote:I've actually a pair of stories, that to this day have stuck in my mind, despite them occurring back in the early parts of Burning Crusade.


While leveling my little Blood Elf Hunter I had an event happen that still perplexes me to this day. We were in Wailing Caverns, and I forget exactly how the Tank and Healer died, but they bit it. The healer pops and is running back. I take this time to rez my pet. All of a sudden the party chat erupts with furious profanities and indignation. It was the Tank - who was Party Leader. It has been a while, but the conversation that follows is paraphrased:

Tank: WTF!!! REZ ME! YOU CAUSED MY DEATH! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HEALING ME OVER YOUR PET!
Me: I can't. I'm a hunter.
Tank: LIAR! I JUST SAW YOU REZ YOUR #%!@# PET!

Well I attempted to further explain myself, and found myself out of a group/kicked and the Tank set me on ignore. Color me confused. The others in the group dropped and whispered me. We reformed and ran it smoothly after.
Image

Image

User avatar
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

So it wasn't a dungeon, but it is strange/odd/stupid, so I gotta post it.

Literally five minutes ago this happened. So I'm on Silinrul, grinding ogres for Kurenai rep so I can get a talbuk. This little level 65 gnome comes in, and I don't like it when people grind when I'm doing a quest on those same mobs, so I decide to clear off and not get in this kid's way.

He invites me to a group without asking first. I decline.

Then a conversation begins. It goes like this:

Him: can u kill 10 quickly for me
Me: Do it yourself, it's how you level
Him: yes i know that [Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons]
Me: Then you know how to do it yourself, congrats!
Him: yay me

Nothing after that, but I was kinda ticked so I got snappish, and...just...lol.

~VelkynKarma

Image

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>


A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Sarayana »

Haha! That's an excellent comeback. I hate those unprompted invites. :|

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 am
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)
Gender: Female Dragonkin
Location: Albany Oregon USA
Contact:

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Chrizesu »

What a lazy gnome.

Image

Image
Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Unread post by Slickrock »

Phyra wrote: Tank: WTF!!! REZ ME! YOU CAUSED MY DEATH! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HEALING ME OVER YOUR PET!
Me: I can't. I'm a hunter.
Tank: LIAR! I JUST SAW YOU REZ YOUR #%!@# PET!
That reminds me of the time when I made 50G and change, back in BC when it was still a lot for me.

We were in some heroic, and had just wiped (except for my FD).

I pop up and rez my pet.
TANK: WTF? how did you rez your pet?
ME: Didn't you know? hunters can rez.
TANK: They can't!
ME: They can.
(and so on)
ME: Bet you 100G that I can rez you.
TANK: Alright!
(I pop out the jumper cables and rez his sorry butt, thanking my lucky stars that the cables worked)
TANK: F*CK!
(the bugger only had about 50G on him, had to get the rest in drops that he gave to me..)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Post Reply