Help finding an add-on...

Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:36 am
Realm: Duskwood {US}
Gender: Female

Help finding an add-on...

Unread post by Tratzul »

{I have no clue if there's any addons I can get that can do this...}

Is there any addon that can help me figure out what kinds of beasts I can skin, like instead of going through the hassle of kiling something, just to see a red 'skinning'? ;.;

I'll even try something that's not on Curse, even though I prefer it.

Also, are any of the addons that are not on Curse, like Cartographer, any good/ is safe to use? (I'm a bit cautious... <.<' )
Image | {Waiting for Cata}
User avatar
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:11 pm
Realm: Blackhand
Gender: male

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Unread post by Dulanie »

I don't know of any addons that would help with this, but I do know a general rule of thumb to use. If you multiply the level of the beast by 5 that is the approxamite skill needed to skin it. So level*5= skill needed. i.e. a level 40 beast would need a skill of 200 to skin, and a level 80 would need 400. There are some exceptions I remember running across while leveling, but if I rememeber right they are rare/elite.
Image
We don't die. We multiply.
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Unread post by Saturo »

Wowwiki wrote:Up to skinning 100, you can find out the highest level mob you can skin by: ((Skinning skill)/10)+10.
From skinning level 100 and up the formula is simply: (Skinning skill)/5.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Unread post by Ungoro »

Well, kind of off topic to the original addon enquiry but i'm just wondering if there's an addon that tells me of opcoming attacls/spells. I know it seems fairly lazy, but sometimes when I ding I could be in an instance and I want to know if the new moves I could learn are vital, or not really needed that much.

Ungoro of Khadgar


<Disturbing The Peace>

Image

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

User avatar
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3888
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)
Gender: Fembot
Location: Satellite of Love

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Unread post by Moonlost »

Ungoro wrote:Well, kind of off topic to the original addon enquiry but i'm just wondering if there's an addon that tells me of opcoming attacls/spells. I know it seems fairly lazy, but sometimes when I ding I could be in an instance and I want to know if the new moves I could learn are vital, or not really needed that much.
I'm guessing you mean something that tells you if you get new spells/abilities when you level?
CoolLevelUp does that. Goes through what stats go up and what abilities you can train in once you ding (so long as you have previously visited a trainer with the addon installed). Also plays music when you level for cool effects. It's also based off the Fire Emblem game leveling thing, which makes me happy. :D
It hasn't been updated in a while, but it still works perfectly.

Image

User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Unread post by Saturo »

I also use it, and I can attest to it's usefulness.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Unread post by Ungoro »

Sounds like pretty much what I wanted, thanks! now to download it...

Ungoro of Khadgar


<Disturbing The Peace>

Image

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Post Reply