Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dungeons
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
- VelkynKarma
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
- Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
- Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>
A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature ![]()
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
ME: Why aren't you doing ranged attacks?
HIM: I don't have any ammo.
ME: Here are a few stacks of arrows, but you gotta replace them.
HIM: Cool...now you'll see what a real hunter can do! I notice you don't really know what you're doing. (oooooooo k. Let it go)
Next mob pulled, he rushes in and does melee dmg again.
ME: WTF was that about???
HIM: The arrows won't load for my rifle.

- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- VelkynKarma
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
- Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
- Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
It sounds like it'd also be a good 4-panel comic too, lol.
~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>
A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature ![]()
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
*Shoves ammo into rifle*VelkynKarma wrote:That...is a facepalm moment I ever heard one....>>;
It sounds like it'd also be a good 4-panel comic too, lol.
~VelkynKarma
*Nothing happens*
*Shoves arrows into a mobs eye*
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
My bf and I were in H ToC recently, him on a dps (I believe his BM hunter, so no aimed/silencing shots in PvE spec) and me on my druid healing. I believe the tank was a pally. We drew the shaman/rogue/warrior team. Anyway, the tank decided to mark the mobs in the first boss encounter a little differently than most - the shaman was intended to be killed last. BF and I kinda arched our eyebrows at this new and interesting strategy. The dps followed the marks and after a good deal of dragged out combat, since heals were going off, the mobs all died. Since my druid's ridiculously overgeared for the instance, healing was not an issue, so I was able to question the tank while this was going on.
Loosely paraphrased:
Me: Any particular reason the healer is marked last?
Tank: To make it easier to heal, so I'm taking less damage.
Me: But the fight is going on longer because heals are going off, so you're actually taking more damage, thusly taxing your healer more. It's not an issue for me, but it would make a difference for a lesser geared one to have the fight go on longer.
I don't remember exactly what he replied to that, but it was very clear that he didn't agree with what I had told him. We got through the instance fine; that fight just took FAR longer than it should have.
The guy may have had some bad experiences with crappy healers being unable to handle the damage in there, but he KNEW I was geared (he commented on this earlier) and decided to do things his way anyway. Does not compute. >_<
Also, I would be remiss in not mentioning the little undead mage I ran with in BRD who had Chuck Norris macros for things like ice block and nova. I wish I had saved them; they were hilariously bad, and entertaining because of it.
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
Get into Heroic UK, for the last 3 runs Coal's been healer and I'm half asleep so I think it says healer.
So we down all trash up to like just before Sparklepire Belfman when;
Shammy: Coal you know you're supposed to be DPS right? ^^
Me: Uh... ... oh crap I'm sorry D:
Shammy: It's ok I only just noticed myself ^^
Then before this run. Last night even, Aria, myself and our other drood friend sign up for random. Coal gets assigned healer. TO HEROIC PIT OF SARON. Let me clear up Coal's gear level. Some ToC cloth and leather, dps and healer. Some caster items from leveling up. TWO pieces of resto kit from emblems. AND HE GOT ALLOWED INTO HEROIC PIT OF SARON. I'm feeling abysmal, I'm utterly horrified and I just don't want to fail. I struggle on Garfrost, but no one complains or belittles me- infact when i came clean about my insecurity over being able to heal the place, the tank actually told me not to worry. I had basically said; if my heals aren't good enough I won't complain if you want to kick me from group.
So no one complains for Garfrost; or for Ick and Krick. Even when I lag in the tunnel and suddenly tank took to much damage and it's like ohcrap wipe.
The best thing that was said? Even when it was Ariamodasu who helped us get through that hellish pit of frost, undeath and poison?
the Tank basically saying; Coal you're doing fine
It just made my day to finally run into a tank and a DPS who were... so wonderful.
Edit: I know it's not strange per se but I mean compared to all the fail, all the stupidity, it is an oddity of itself >_>
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- VelkynKarma
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
- Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
- Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
No, I totally know what you mean. The other day I got random'd into a group that not only worked extremely well together, but actually hit it off, joked with each other, and generally enjoyed each others' company. We actually enjoyed running our first instance so much that we random'd into two others together and had almost no problems. Those rare groups that not just get stuff done, but ENJOY getting stuff done, are strange....but definitely not unwelcomeRyai wrote:
Edit: I know it's not strange per se but I mean compared to all the fail, all the stupidity, it is an oddity of itself >_>
~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>
A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature ![]()
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!
- VelkynKarma
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
- Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
- Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
"<Huntard> now accepting applications. Smart people welcome too."
XD
~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>
A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature ![]()
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
Oh that goddamn tunnel. The most important place to not lag out and the fill it so full of effects that it's impossible not to. *sigh* I can't count the times I've had to pop all my cooldowns cause I lag out and suddenly the tank is at 1/4 health. D: D:Ryai wrote:when I lag in the tunnel and suddenly tank took to much damage and it's like ohcrap wipe.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
We managed to pet tank the whole thing with the boomkin healing. (Not in boomkin form obviously). Now, I think this was when mend pet was still channeled, so we hunters were not popping it too much. We actually had no problems until the last boss, where we wiped 5 times. Oddly our dps was not high enough. We could not get the rider down before the dragon dropped. So, we switched strategies. One of our hunters had a turtle, so we decided to save that for the drake. We set our other pets after the guy, and proceeded to dps down the dragon as it flew. We were able to get it to half heath before it landed. We finished it off, and then the rider.
That was one of the best times I ever had.
The second story is more annoying than anything. This was before randoms. Anyway, I was running my turny dailys in icecrown when I get get a wisper asking if I want to run heroic totc. I don't remember the exact conversation, but it went something like this:
Me: I would like to, but I am pretty sure my dps is not high enough.
Guy: It's np, just come on
Me: ok, if you insist.
then me to the group: Just so you know, my dps really isn't high enough for this.
Group: it's fine (or no response).
So I drop what I was doing, and fly over. Can't remember if I even made it into the insence before I got kicked. So I whisper the guy who random invited me, saying I don't mind being kicked, but it would have been nice to know you that you were going to do it.
The guy then says, well I'll probably never see you again anyway, and sticks me on his ignore list.
Still really annoys me. Ah well.

- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
- VelkynKarma
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
- Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
- Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>
A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature ![]()
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
so i check the Healing done, our shammy did bad, very bad, by bad i mean really bad -a bit higher then i did with my mend pet. the conversation goes:
me - Shammy, could you kindly heal a bit harder?
shaman - me have bad gear sorry
me - i can see that, but it's still possible to heal way more with it, your healing is the reason we are wiping
shaman -????
me - please, try harder!
shaman - no my bad! we have one only healer!
/facepalm
- Bulletdance
- Community Resource

- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm
- Realm: Vek'nilash
- Location: PA
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
Flight Rising Lair
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=26145
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: Strangest/Oddest/Stupidest things you have heard in Dung
Get carried in raids more....wow. D:Congafury wrote:shaman - no my bad! we have one only healer!
@Bullet: That there was one brave ret pally! I doubt he blamed you for his deaths; that's really on the druid. >_<
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

