New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: New Character Models Update! Human Females!

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sukurachi wrote:shouldn't female Tauren have udders?
Um. They do have breasts. So I guess that counts no??? :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

*shrug* I dunno. I just see them as Minotaurs with funky hands and a tail and I've never seen one of them with udders :lol:

Oh god now I can't stop thinking about it DX
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Agreed on the 'too cartoony' for male Tauren. It stands out quite considerably imo. I know they're going for the overall theme and all, but I think they overstepped it for that one.

Female Human is a very nice update. I'm with Wain, as a gay guy, I just don't really see the boobs :P However, it is good to see they aren't perfect full or half spheres.

I still have this terrible feeling we might get stuck with one face for all races/gender O_O
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kayb wrote:Agreed on the 'too cartoony' for male Tauren.
I still have this terrible feeling we might get stuck with one face for all races/gender
I know I still have a certain amount of anxiety about female gnomes. The one new face we've seen has cute bug eyes, so I'm just hoping there will be other choices.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

GormanGhaste wrote: I know I still have a certain amount of anxiety about female gnomes. The one new face we've seen has cute bug eyes, so I'm just hoping there will be other choices.
Tell me about it :/
I'm using that green-eyed gnome face for my lockie (aka pocket-sezed supernova of red-headed malice), and I really love the "you know... somehow... you fail to amuse me" look it has now both when neutral and casting. I can only hope that the "oh hi my name's candi" impression of the new model neutral face can be sufficiently altered by the clothing to look more like a mad grin. If not... well... there are still helmets :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I really like the new human female.
I hope they'll do as good a job on the human males. But if they continue the way they have, I'm not worried, cause they have really done a great job so far! :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

If they were like cows and lived on all four legs, certainly! That way, their young can reach the milk. However, seeing as tauren are bipedal, they can just pick up their young to help them suckle, so udders would be unnecessary.

...Also they'd look really creepy. xD (Ever played the gamecube game Barnyard? Eek!)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Barnyard was also a movie/tv show and those cows with udders were actually male which is just wrong on all accounts. Same as cows actually only refer to the females, bulls/steer the males, and cattle as the generic for both, even though they're all referred to as "cows." :P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I really doubt there's only going to be one face. I mean, they said their target was "pandaren" and pandas must have like 20 different face options. (unlike tauren and worgen who get like... five.)

The only problem I see is that if they do increase the number of options to match, this obliges people to buy a recustomization if they want one of the new ones since you can't alter expression in the barber shop.

As long as they don't cave to the hormonal teenagers who've never actually seen a woman, and change her into a blowup doll (god, I am PRAYING the 'female worgen' thing doesn't happen again...) I think she's great.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

The problem with basing them off of Pandaren is that pandaren actually only have one face- especially the females. All of the differences are in fur pattern. Whereas the older models, while they had gross low res texturing, had vastly different facial structures and expressions. With pandaren, you couldn't choose between an intense looking female panda or a cute female panda, the only face option was "cute" with a few different ways to put spots on the cute face.

(And Tyger, I tried to find a female cow character picture and failed. x.x But you're right, Barnyard did get that wrong, which bugged me too. The females did look really freaky though.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If it has udders, it's technically a female, and thus, a cow. :P For some reason in America we've adopted the term cow to refer to all of cattle though. Bulls/steer don't have udders.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

TygerDarkstorm wrote:If it has udders, it's technically a female, and thus, a cow. :P For some reason in America we've adopted the term cow to refer to all of cattle though. Bulls/steer don't have udders.
I'm just lazy and can't spell Tauren right 90% of the time XD
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

You guys know my "udders" comment was a joke, right?

I was trying to imagine what a "bra" would look like on a bipedal character that had udders.

/shiver

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh I know Sukurachi, I was just being difficult. ^.^

...Udderbra. *shudders*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm sure you could find that on DA :lol:

But yeah udderbra :X
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Actually... There is an udderbra!
I was watching an Episode of 'Alaska the Last Frontier' and one of the farmers had to make a bra for one of his cows because of some tenderness issues she was having xD

Siggy under construction!

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Kayb wrote:Agreed on the 'too cartoony' for male Tauren.
I still have this terrible feeling we might get stuck with one face for all races/gender
I know I still have a certain amount of anxiety about female gnomes. The one new face we've seen has cute bug eyes, so I'm just hoping there will be other choices.
I agree with this. As much as I like most of the new models, it would be a great let-down to only have one face option. As you say, not everyone will want their gnome to be cute, or will want their Tauren to look like a fierce warrior, which the current face doesn't reflect, and so on. The article mentions that this is "one face option," so I'm hoping that means that other faces will be available.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

I'm hoping (probably in vain) that they will offer one-time recustomization for free for each character, since they are making such big changes. But, even if that little dream doesn't come true, I'll still be happy if things keep looking the way they are and hormone-poisoned teen males don't win.

It would also be nice to see the fem worgen "i'm about to vomit grass on the carpet" expression that they all have go away, but I doubt they will mess with worgen :(
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Kintsugi wrote:I'm hoping (probably in vain) that they will offer one-time recustomization for free for each character, since they are making such big changes. But, even if that little dream doesn't come true, I'll still be happy if things keep looking the way they are and hormone-poisoned teen males don't win.
Last I heard they were possibly considering something like that because a lot of people were concerned that what Blizzard considered "retaining the core look and feel" of a character wouldn't match up to the player's expectations. I have a feeling they're waiting to see how players respond to previews (and on beta) before deciding whether or not they want to do that.

Personally I hope they allow that anyhow, even if the majority of players are happy with the overall look of their toons, to allow long time toons to access new subrace options without having to pay $10 per toon. Or if those are put in the in-game barber shop then that would be fine too, though I think that's generally reserved for more minor changes like hair style and color.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm hoping/expecting a free character customization for every character, myself. It's a big change even if they're based off of the old models, and people might decide they like a different face option more now that they've been updated.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising