What revamped models / skins would you like to see in WoD?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: What revamped models / skins would you like to see in Wo

Unread post by Tsiya »

Does anyone really have to ask? Moar Spoarbats Plz!

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Wain wrote:[*] a new hydra model, following a similar design philosophy to the new chiamera. They really got the multi-head thing working well on that. If the heads were more draconian and they got a decent body that didn't waddle like a duck in need of a hip replacement, it should look awesome. Then again, maybe with Ghostcrawler leaving the opposition to taming current hydras won't be as strong. Who knows? :)
Yeah it's way overdue. I keep forgetting there were hydras in Zangarmarsh, so maybe we'll see some in the coastal areas in and around the Sea of Zangar.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Bears. They are in desperate need of a new model (or two). Hyenas could use some polygons too. Some of the outland models could use some variation. I'd like to see a lizard model that would work as a newt, so a non-spiky warpstalker would be nice.
FirstChAoS
Realm: hellscream

Unread post by FirstChAoS »

I want tos ee a revamped owl model that actually looks like an owl, not a shaggy hawk with eyebrows.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Junrei wrote:All older vanilla beast models. Cats, wolves, everything. Those need to be fixed BAD.
This!!! My snow leopard needs an updated model so bad! >.<
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

*coughs loudly*

Nether rays...

Specifically, while I like the skin they have now, there's some vauge unknowns imo, like just how many of these glowing eyes are in fact eyes...
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Chimeras!!!

We've seen a new amazing mount, saw different mount version (though incredibly blurry) in a video. Now I'm in love. Just hoping and praying they use these wonderful new models for hunter pets!!!! -pleads with Blizz-
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Tarantulas, widows, raptors, the original wolves, original cats and original turtles. Oh, and a real model for seagulls please, not the silly critter one we got.

The awesome new tiger models are such a tease, more new cats please! But Tarantulas and turtles (and seagulls) need it the most IMO
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

(1) Bats...never tamed one they look meh. Not a lot of bat love.

(2) Bear...bears are awesome but where is that unique skin rare we all want?

(3) Dogs....so many options...so many options...why isn't the dog family as poplar as the cat family?

(4) Hyena ...i think there has been no updated model since the dawn of wow.

(5) All the BC models: neather rays,spore bats, ravenger, warped stalker.

(6) Rhino.... same as bats.

New families:

(1) Hydra's we been requesting it for years. Its to the point where it should be hotfixed. I do not even want one, its just ridicules at this point.

(2) MooSe...dont care if it fits or not...a dwarf with a moose? COME ON THAT IS EPIC!
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

Pretty much everything. I'd like the game to be seamless....and, looking last night at my blocky, stiff-tailed Thalassian Charger and little pixelly minipet, I considered how these would look with updated player models. Not good. At all. Compare the Emerald Hyppogryph to the Cenarion Hyppgryph mount. Imagine one of the updated model riding each.
Also consider them with a boxy little hunter pet cat, or perma-snarl wolf.
I forgo new families, new character slots, customization, many things, just to have the game match.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Drayk wrote: -More different dog models in general, I know that's something they said they want to do. A full grown St. Bernards, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Huskies. I also wouldn't mind some of the smaller breeds used too
I would kill for a German shepherd type dog, hell even a wolf recolored as one heheh
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/02/21/warlo ... ing-spoil/
He discovered many Burning Crusade-era mob models that had been updated: Nether Rays, Talbuks, Turtles, larvae, Boars, Sporebats, wolves, bees. The new Talbuk and Sporebat models are just epic!
/kermitflail

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm chomping at the bit to see screenshots or video of the new models, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I want updates on pretty much all the pre-MoP kitties, wolves, ...okay everything. lol I hate how boxy and square most of the older models look and I honestly just can't seem to keep any around because it drives me nuts. :(
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I know I posted already here but..

I'd like to see a legitimate snow leopard and panther skin. It's not that I don't like the vanilla ones, it's just... They don't look right.

Maybe I'm being nitpicky.. But an actual black panther. Instead of blue/purple. And a snow leopard that doesn't just look like a white cheetah! Would be very nice...

Also, updated lynxes. Or more skins. Do want very much.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Myrrmi wrote:http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/02/21/warlo ... ing-spoil/
He discovered many Burning Crusade-era mob models that had been updated: Nether Rays, Talbuks, Turtles, larvae, Boars, Sporebats, wolves, bees. The new Talbuk and Sporebat models are just epic!
<nitpick> Wouldn't they be just Rays, or Sky Rays? Since they haven't been exposed to the Twisting Nether? </nitpick>
Still on the edge of my seat for some images.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

personally I would love to see some of the druid animal forms become mobs/pets. (Now before I get flamed let me clarify: I am not saying I want to have a pet druid.)
I'm saying that strictly speaking of the model they use, if you were to remove the armor, colors, markings, horns ect, they would be fairly well textured, lovely looking models that you can not currently find anywhere in the game. I would love to see the night elf cat model used as a non-saber kind of panther/mountain lion and a modified tauren/worgen cat form would make a lovely option as a new lion mob if you removed the more obvious thing like the tauren horns.

before they were updated, druid forms shared models with vanilla cheetahs, the bc lynx, bears and bc crows/hawks. and the tauren cat was more or less a modified wyvern. the non-druid looking beast models can still be tamed (such as the lynx in the blood elf starting area.) so seeing some of these higher-texture options (bears that can close their mouth anyone?) would be cool.
I think the only problem I can see with doing this is some of those models are already starting to fall behind after mop came out.

rant aside: just about everything from the old world needs work.

I am really looking forward to the possibility of new basilisk skins.

giant lizards/newts. I would love to have a giant pet bearded dragon skittering along next to me. I can just imagine their character. :lol: although I doubt there would be any reason for them to be added unless they were the ancestors of said basilisks or a warp stalker. :(

hydras. obviously

snakes. both frilled and non frilled. the old cobras have held up surprisingly well over the years but I would love to see some new ones.

im pretty sure ALL the bird types could use some love.

who wants to see some new core hounds? <--- this girl

hyenas look so sad. you can see the suffering in their eyes

I am so excited to see if we get new wasps. they haven't gotten new models since bc and one of my dearest pets was a purple glow wasp named Nighlight. :hug:

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'd really love a cheetah that actually looks like a cheetah, personally, instead of a jaguar w cheetah spots. I want to tame one, but it bothers me too much.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ooohh a lovely idea Aeladrine. cheetahs are one of my favorite animals. I would love to see them with their own model. They are much thinner than other big cats.

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Raptors! It was great to finally get some tameable versions of a few mount models/colours, but I think they could do some really amazing things with non-corrupted Outland raptors. *crosses fingers* (There can never be too many reptilian pets. NEVER.)

On a similar topic, I wish they'd find a niche to stick the currently unused direhorn skins into the game. You know, the ones the direhorns had for a while on PTR but were changed before live. I fell in love with that turquoise and green direhorn and have sorely missed it ever since! :| A few direhorns wandering some remote spot in Draenor wouldn't hurt anyone.. right? :D

Pretty please? With a cherry on top?
Attachments
direhornsmall.jpg
direhornsmall.jpg (287.03 KiB) Viewed 3029 times