ty
question about the hunter heirlooms
- Hisae
- Journeyman Hunter

- Posts: 229
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:02 pm
- Realm: Whisperwind
- Gender: Female
- Location: Houston, TX
question about the hunter heirlooms
before I start my 2nd hunter (Hisae...I mean Riyon is still there.
) I wanted to know that if I get the mail hunter heirlooms can I transmog leather gear on it?
ty
ty
- Vephriel
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 16439
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
- Gender: Female
- Location: Canada
Re: question about the hunter heirlooms
For some reason I thought that you could do that originally as long as your character was below level 40 (since the heirlooms "pretend" to be leather leather until that point), but recently I tried with a new hunter alt I created and it told me I couldn't. I think you might be stuck only using mail items to transmog.
- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: question about the hunter heirlooms
I thought the rules for transmog was it has to be the same type of gear. So mail can be trnasmoged into mail etc
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
- Vephriel
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 16439
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
- Gender: Female
- Location: Canada
Re: question about the hunter heirlooms
Yep! That is the rule, but some of the heirlooms can seem confusing since they change type depending on your level, so it's understandable to wonder about the transmog capabilities. Unfortunately they either changed their mind on allowing leather for pre-40 transmog, or I'm just misremembering (it would have been quite a long time ago either way).cowmuflage wrote:I thought the rules for transmog was it has to be the same type of gear. So mail can be trnasmoged into mail etc
Last edited by Vephriel on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: question about the hunter heirlooms
Oh I did not know they changed type XD
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
- GormanGhaste
- Community Resource

- Posts: 6722
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
- Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
Re: question about the hunter heirlooms
Yep, for classes that change armor type, you can't transmog heirlooms until level 40, unless you use two sets of 'looms. The other half is frustrated about this with his baby pally.


