Level 90 discussion

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Level 90 discussion

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahhh I see, thanks! Doesn't look too bad as a concept, but I can definitely see it being jarring if it's not your character's style. :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's preatty neat.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The Warlock set is called Felsoul and can be seen here:

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=felsoul
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Castile wrote:
I may pay to boost my lock on Moon Guard for RP but haven't decided yet...
I did indeed end up paying for this one just because I really wanted an RP character...but others who've talked about the transmog are spot on....time to spend tonight in Black Morass trying for my shoulders ><

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

don't know which i'll boost. will probably look over realm pop to see which is the least used race/class combo and boost that.

yeah i know. weird.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I have a level 90 boost question:

I have three WoW accounts under the same battle.net. is the free level 90 boost specific to each account? or can they be used freely on characters from different accounts under the same battle.net?

I ask because.. I have two toons I'd like to boost, and they are BOTH on the same account, while my main account has absolutely no toons I can (or want to) boost. So in effect, my main WoW account would waste a free level 90 boost, while my secondary account would be missing one.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Sukurachi wrote:I have a level 90 boost question:

I have three WoW accounts under the same battle.net. is the free level 90 boost specific to each account? or can they be used freely on characters from different accounts under the same battle.net?

I ask because.. I have two toons I'd like to boost, and they are BOTH on the same account, while my main account has absolutely no toons I can (or want to) boost. So in effect, my main WoW account would waste a free level 90 boost, while my secondary account would be missing one.
With 3 accounts I would character transfer the one you want to your main account.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I've thought about boosting my heals pally on my RP server, but... The more I think about it, the more nervous I get. Healing at max level without having a lot of practice worries me....
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Redith wrote:

With 3 accounts I would character transfer the one you want to your main account.
the problem is, my main account has 11 toons on it.
this is actually WHY I have 4 accounts LOL. acute altitis.

I'd have to pay to transfer one toon from my main account, to my 2nd account, then pay to transfer a character from my 2nd account to my main. I think it might end up cheaper (well, almost) to just pay cash for a 90 boost.

but it's still frustrating to waste the 90 boost on my main account.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sukurachi wrote:
Redith wrote:

the problem is, my main account has 11 toons on it.
this is actually WHY I have 4 accounts LOL. acute altitis.

I'd have to pay to transfer one toon from my main account, to my 2nd account, then pay to transfer a character from my 2nd account to my main. I think it might end up cheaper (well, almost) to just pay cash for a 90 boost.

but it's still frustrating to waste the 90 boost on my main account.
Does your main server have any connected realms? Mine, for example, is Nesingwary; now I have a total of 33 character slots because of the connection with Vek'nilash and Nazgrel as they all count to be the same realm (you can mail things, use the same AH, etc).
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

If you don't have any realms connected to yours, the boost is a great opportunity to make a character on another server. Having a 90 on a non-CRZ realm for wild pets battles, for instance.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

sadly, The Scryers is not connected yet, and isn't even on the radar as far as connections go.
I was sure it would be connected at the same time as Steamwheedle Cartel or Sentinels (the two most likely companion mergers), but those got connected, and Scryers got left out.

I need my toons on an accessible server, since each of my toons has a craft of one sort or another that is required by either myself, or my small guild. besides, I enjoy dual-boxing, so my toons are all paired-up.

"Step on no pets!"

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

I still have my free 90 boost and no clue on what to boost! I'm working on my level 89 human hunter and I'm considering on making a character for RP/Writing but I just don't know which would seem more the type to go out on an adventure

Hunter (torn between another human hunter, a NE hunter, or Pandaren hunter)
Mage (Human or gnome)
Monk (Pandaren of course)
Druid (Always wanted one but feared the melee for higher level and haven't tried DPS/heals at all. ><)
Paladin (again like druid, fears the rotation for max retribution)
Warlock (Magic Hunter I like to think of it but not a fan of the dark arts aspect.)

Too many choices!!!!
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Hisae wrote:I still have my free 90 boost and no clue on what to boost! I'm working on my level 89 human hunter and I'm considering on making a character for RP/Writing but I just don't know which would seem more the type to go out on an adventure

Hunter (torn between another human hunter, a NE hunter, or Pandaren hunter)
Mage (Human or gnome)
Monk (Pandaren of course)
Druid (Always wanted one but feared the melee for higher level and haven't tried DPS/heals at all. ><)
Paladin (again like druid, fears the rotation for max retribution)
Warlock (Magic Hunter I like to think of it but not a fan of the dark arts aspect.)

Too many choices!!!!
lol I am ins the same boat for a monk, a Pali, or a warrior
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

Lol Redith. :)

I chose the mage as its challenging to level because of how squishy they are. The only decision I need to chose is boost NOW or level her to 60 then boost her?
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Hisae wrote:Lol Redith. :)

I chose the mage as its challenging to level because of how squishy they are. The only decision I need to chose is boost NOW or level her to 60 then boost her?
I am probably going to choose the arms warrior. I want to play a melee character where I feel like a fighter. Plus I want to know what the front lines look like lol.

Hopefully after maintenance I can create him then boost him, then get him better gear, so I can start the Siege of Org questline. I have never battled a story boss before...like...ever.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I'm still not sure what I'm going to boost. Like many of you I'm not sure about boosting a class I haven't played very far. Without the playing experience, I'd probably never get the hang of it.

I have five 90s, all different classes and 3 on Horde, 2 Alliance, and thus I'm considering giving myself an opposite-faction match to a character I already have. Not going to be the hunter; I have one at 58 and am enjoying leveling her. Not the DK; that leveling run is easy, and I have a 2nd DK at 80. So that leaves resto shaman, demo warlock, or prot warrior. But then I have to decide on race ... and that's hard. Will have to look at the new character models if they're all out by the time I buy.

People have mentioned buying another boost; you can do that?
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yes you can, Morven. For $60.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Huh. This changes things.

Oh, by the way: those of you on Nesingwary or connected realms; I deal in transmog items pretty heavily and if you're in Petopians, you can have anything I sell for free if you're going to use it immediately. That's also extended to non guild members who are forum members. Horde-side: Mindala, Alliance-side: Anniah. So there's a solution for anyone whose enjoyment will be badly damaged by a horrid, out-of-character outfit!
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Morven wrote:Huh. This changes things.

Oh, by the way: those of you on Nesingwary or connected realms; I deal in transmog items pretty heavily and if you're in Petopians, you can have anything I sell for free if you're going to use it immediately. That's also extended to non guild members who are forum members. Horde-side: Mindala, Alliance-side: Anniah. So there's a solution for anyone whose enjoyment will be badly damaged by a horrid, out-of-character outfit!
Honestly I really need to trade out my Hitler helm that the boosted hunter gets lol