When I'm trying to decide what to spend emblems on/what dungeons to run for gear for a new alt, I love
guildox.com's loot rank site.
Under Filters you input where you expect to be able to get loot (so I begin by unchecking all the raids and the professions BOPs, for example).
Under Stat Weights I select weights for the stats I'm looking for. For example, for my resto shammy I score spell power and haste at 15, intellect and mp5 at 12, spirit at 5 and stuff like strength, ap, and agility at 0. You get the idea.
Finally, at the bottom under the filters and weights, I add my character.
I then get a lovely list of all the gear available to me within my parameters, and how big an upgrade they'd be according to my weights. It's not perfect - for example it suggests I get the elemental t9 helmet since it has haste - but a little intelligent browsing takes care of that.
I'm also a huuuuuuge fan of
wowhead and it's comprehensive filter system. If anyone wants a step-by-step to that, I'll be happy to make one. I just love how well it works.
Other than that, there are a
few other sites I like to
frequent.
Breanni's great.
