Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Post by Nachtwulf »

I think the hydra will be less of a dramastorm than the ghost wolf because it wasn't a skill tame at all. It was just 'get to the right level, do the quest, tame the mob'. It wasn't rare, or like the challenge tames. So there's not as much Leet Prestige (tm) in having it, you just happened to be the right level at the right time.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

I'm kind of embarrassed I was so happy to finally check Spirit of Atha that I forgot about the others. I'll check tonight.

The slime definitely shouldn't be tameable but there's no reason at all for the croc not to be now. I kept the quest so it'll be easy to re-check.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Post by SylviaDragon »

I'm sure you will see some muttering about the ghost hydra but I'm sure most hunters will just be happy their friends can enjoy their favorite pet now too.
Sadly I was stuck at level 70 back when you could tame these guys. Would have loved to grab the hydra and the slime. I still see a hunter with the slime every now and then! :D

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Post by Niabi »

Has there been any news as to whether frogs might be tamable? I don't have a Twitter account but if someone here is able to ask any of the developers personally that'd be awesome!
Wain wrote:The slime definitely shouldn't be tameable but there's no reason at all for the croc not to be now. I kept the quest so it'll be easy to re-check.
I always knew it to be a longshot, but I was secretly hoping for tamable slimes.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Post by Senna-Umbreon »

Redith wrote:I wonder if anyone who got the Ghost Hydra back then are upset that it is now a freebe
I, for one, am RIDICULOUSLY happy that it's tameable now! I kind of rushed to 80 to get mine, and I was lucky that I got her before they fixed it. I don't see why I would be upset that it's back, really. It means others who missed getting in back in the day can get it now! And my ghost hydra, Banryu, will finally have some ghost hydra friends around! :D once I actually get back to playing lol

To be honest.. I think the people who ARE upset (if there are any) that it's a "freebe" (which is a dumb thing to call it, I feel), are honestly.. Well, let's just say I think it's REALLY dumb to be upset over it. Who the heck CARES if it's not going to be an "oh-so-unique" speshul-snowflake anymore?! That kind of attitude is probably my least favourite thing about the Hunter class, since so many people have it and will straight up abandon some pets JUST BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE PETS THAT LOOK THE SAME. or they argue that the rare version of a colour should be changed because there's common versions of it. Looking at you, old brown Madexx dramastorms!

Hey look, even after years of inactivity on here, I still have a huge issue with the speshul-snowflake Hunters. Surprise surprise.

Ahem. Not entirely the point here, I guess. But I'm just super happy that the ghost hydra is back! It's by far my favourite hydra skin, because pretty white GHOSTLY hydra? AW YISS. (Heck, I just like the white hydras in general, but I love the ghost one a bit more. <3) It's great that those who missed it back then can get it now.

/sneaks back into lurkerdom
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

If anyone does grumble (and I've seen none so far) remind them the ghost slime will still not be available and is the truly unique pet here, for those that grabbed it at the time. The ghost hydra is only a tiny bit different to the white one anyway.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

Ok, I checked the other two spirits in Shol. The croc is sadly still not tameable. The slime is still a beast (probably should be an aberration?) but as expected not tameable either..
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

The fire effects on these old world basilisks works really well! Almost like they were designed to match.

(Not currently tameable, but the colour underneath is not unique. If they could keep their effects after taming, however, that'd be amazing!)
Attachments
lavalisk.jpg
lavalisk.jpg (135.3 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

I also found the purple sandreaver in Draenor. It is a beast, but sadly untameable (no diet either):

The mob is called a Drift Lurker and it's repeatedly summoned in combat by a Thunderlord Trapper.

Attachments
driftlurker.jpg
driftlurker.jpg (114.14 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Post by pop »

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/475725908532137984

new modeled bats in rfk confirmed tamable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:I also found the purple sandreaver in Draenor. It is a beast, but sadly untameable (no diet either):

The mob is called a Drift Lurker and it's repeatedly summoned in combat by a Thunderlord Trapper.

They look.. cute. Anyway.. I've seen quite a lot of sand reaver models being used on both critters and beasts. Perhaps their heavy involvement might mean that they're getting added to the worm or silithid family in a few builds/beta/before WoD launch. Would be nice!

pop wrote:https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/475725908532137984

new modeled bats in rfk confirmed tamable.

Don't mean to be a bummer, but that was confirmed quite a while ago. Nice to have some extra confirmation, though!

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/466707705269600256
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Post by SylviaDragon »

Well there is still some hope for the drift lurkers! The mob that spawns them looks like a hunter and has "trapper" in its name. Also the wolf helm is a fairly common thing for hunters. (and shammys) So maybe they will join the silithid family or something later on. Of course there are lots of examples of "hunter" mobs having pets that are off limits to us. Just an optimistic thought of course.
If you could tame them I'm not sure it would have a regular place in my rotation for one but I would have to grab one just for the look terrifying. Reminds me of the days when AQ still required a group. seeing one of those things come after you was terrifying.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Post by Nachtwulf »

Caught this crab going by in the new BFD. Provided there's still a low level version (as there was in the other redone instances), it looks like the deepsea crab will now be available at a far lower level. This one looks like this one:
but there may be other variants not shown in the screenshots.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Post by bluddy »

Nachtwulf wrote:Image

Caught this crab going by in the new BFD. Provided there's still a low level version (as there was in the other redone instances), it looks like the deepsea crab will now be available at a far lower level. This one looks like this one:

Wasn't that guardian more like this one? http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/deepsea ... urple.html
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Post by Qraljar »

bluddy wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:Image

Wasn't that guardian more like this one? http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/deepsea ... urple.html

I think you're both right. The Guardian is actually the one you linked. But I think I saw the Guardian spawn adds with the model Nachtwulf linked.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Post by Nachtwulf »

I don't know; with the lighting in there it's really hard to tell. (Wain, that's your cue!) Either way, though, it's the first deepsea crab with glow, since those are first found only in Vash'jir in live.

Edit: Ahso, neat.

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Post by Ickabob »

Redith wrote:I wonder if anyone who got the Ghost Hydra back then are upset that it is now a freebe
Just a little upset. At the risk of sounding selfish, I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be tameable. Keeping it that way would help to signify the old school hydra owners.

No use crying over spilled milk. It's whatever, I guess.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

It's definitely the electric purple one, same as Thunder Isle :) It wasn't tameable. The one I found ran away as soon as I killed the ogre, but I found it again in the cave way down the back. I didn't notice any spawns.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Post by Clayford13 »

BAM!
Attachments
ChromaticChimera.jpg
ChromaticChimera.jpg (260.67 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Post by Wain »

Clayford13 wrote:BAM!
Can't wait to get home and check if this thing is a whole chimaera once its armour is removed :)

EDIT: on reflection, that sounded kind of dirty :/