Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Thanøs »

Wain wrote:some black owls (kaliri) though they're marked as PH models, which may mean we can expect a new model yet. That'd be great if it was true. Well, as long as they don't, like, add tusks and spikes and expect us to swallow that's what uncorrupted kaliri look like :P
SAVAGE!
Wain wrote:They're apparently tameable, but they're level 91 and at this rate it'll take me days to level as I lose so much xp.
Why not make a level 100 on the pvp realm?
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Wain wrote:
If you're not familiar vignettes yet, they've added "vignette" mobs which will always appear rare the first time you kill and loot them, but will appear non-rare to you after that. They usually drop some nice blue quality bit of gear for you, but of course only that first time. So they're not truly rare, even if marked as such.

Anyway, bit of a waste of an evening it feels like. Two steps forward, one-and-a-half steps back :P
Vingette mobs, eh? I wonder if all the "rares" that drop stuff will be done that way. If so, that's gonna cramp my rare farming style...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Thanøs wrote:
Wain wrote:They're apparently tameable, but they're level 91 and at this rate it'll take me days to level as I lose so much xp.
Why not make a level 100 on the pvp realm?
Sadly they're not letting people see the new zone content with the 100 premades, they're purely for PvP testing.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I couldn't even figure out how to GET to Draenor with all this crashing and stuff.

Maybe the build was stable with their alpha population but it sure isn't now. That and this CPU problem...again... urgh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel

I was awake last night when my beta invite arrived so I managed to get a bit of playing done before it became unstable.

There's a mini dark portal up where the Cataclysm portals are, that took me to Frostfire Ridge.

Then there's a giant human male NPC in the Valley of Strength that will port you to Tanaan Jungle.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:As a result you try to run as far and wide as you can, and may find one new beast before the disconnect monster catches up with you and you have to start all over again.
New hunter pet family confirmed: Disconnect Monster :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Quivering wrote:
Wain wrote:As a result you try to run as far and wide as you can, and may find one new beast before the disconnect monster catches up with you and you have to start all over again.
There are so many times I wish I could have retaliated against a griefer with one of these.
Slickrock

I have a copy of myself parked at Oodnasta ready to check him when he spawns. The other me is venturing forth into the chaos.

Checked the other Panderia stuff, no changes yet.
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Slickrock wrote:I have a copy of myself parked at Oodnasta ready to check him when he spawns. The other me is venturing forth into the chaos.

A copy?

A lvl 90 can't tame Oondasta though.. you need a level 93
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Xota wrote:
Quivering wrote:
There are so many times I wish I could have retaliated against a griefer with one of these.
:lol:
Epic

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Then there's a giant human male NPC in the Valley of Strength that will port you to Tanaan Jungle.
That should be Khadgar! There's another copy of him, equally giant, in Stormwind, in the main entry road.

The other thing is if you go to the portal area in your capital, where all the Cata portals are, there should be a mini dark portal you can use that ports you to either Frostfire or SMV, depending on faction. But I'm not sure if FFR has reopened yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel

Thanøs wrote:
Slickrock wrote:I have a copy of myself parked at Oodnasta ready to check him when he spawns. The other me is venturing forth into the chaos.

A copy?

Though Beast Lore can still be used no matter level, so at least we could find out.

I haven't had much luck with beasts so far though, most don't seem to be flagged tameable yet from what I've encountered.
Slickrock

Vephriel wrote:
Thanøs wrote:

A copy?

Though Beast Lore can still be used no matter level, so at least we could find out.

I haven't had much luck with beasts so far though, most don't seem to be flagged tameable yet from what I've encountered.
Yep, that's what I'm waiting for. Will keep that clone parked for checking Panderia.

Might copy over another clone for checking the old world.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:I haven't had much luck with beasts so far though, most don't seem to be flagged tameable yet from what I've encountered.
I don't know if this is par for the course in betas, but seems I recall that happening in the MoP beta, that things were sporadically tameable until a "taming pass" of sorts occurred. Seems that also was the time they introduced the tracking mechanic but my memory is foggy.

If this "taming pass" is indeed a thing, it gives me foolish hope the small and common dread raven mobs running around Shadowmoon (I have seen in vids) might get considered in the future. I thought that model was going to be rare but one vid or stream I saw had several of them in some questing forest area. I don't care if they put them in the fox family, I just want one XD
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Quivering wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I haven't had much luck with beasts so far though, most don't seem to be flagged tameable yet from what I've encountered.
I don't know if this is par for the course in betas, but seems I recall that happening in the MoP beta, that things were sporadically tameable until a "taming pass" of sorts occurred. Seems that also was the time they introduced the tracking mechanic but my memory is foggy.

If this "taming pass" is indeed a thing, it gives me foolish hope the small and common dread raven mobs running around Shadowmoon (I have seen in vids) might get considered in the future. I thought that model was going to be rare but one vid or stream I saw had several of them in some questing forest area. I don't care if they put them in the fox family, I just want one XD
They refuse to allow those ot be tameable due to dies to Arakkoa
Nukemind

Unread post by Nukemind »

Howdy. So I'm a beta tester on GILNEAS (orc dk in game named Jorgar) however in our guild we have hunters. I would like to confirm that the purple wolf is Tamable near the intro zone (he's in the Tanaan Jungle mines) and called a void wolf. He is not a spirit wolf. Made an account just to tell y'all this =D! I love playing my hunter alt.

Edit: forgot to mention they are classed as wolves not spirit beasts
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nukemind wrote:Howdy. So I'm a beta tester on GILNEAS (orc dk in game named Jorgar) however in our guild we have hunters. I would like to confirm that the purple wolf is Tamable near the intro zone (he's in the Tanaan Jungle mines) and called a void wolf. He is not a spirit wolf. Made an account just to tell y'all this =D! I love playing my hunter alt.

Edit: forgot to mention they are classed as wolves not spirit beasts
Yup, we know. :3 There's a thread about it, actually. Thanks anyway!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Has there been any check on Chimaeron yet, or is he not available still? I'm just super excited, because he's all I care about in this Xpac, and he's the first thing I'm gonna get when WoD hits :D
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Rozzana wrote:Has there been any check on Chimaeron yet, or is he not available still? I'm just super excited, because he's all I care about in this Xpac, and he's the first thing I'm gonna get when WoD hits :D
Last I heard, they haven't "squished" the damage output of old world mobs, but have squished player health. So old world things can 1-2 shot current players, which pretty much prevents any old raid checking that requires combat to get to (like Chimaeron). Hopefully soon though!
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Baby anaconda pet (nightmarsh anaconda: http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=80354). Actually shrinks when you tame it...

Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog