Stag family CONFIRMED

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Stag family possibility

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Any word on if we are going to be taming these yet? If we are able to and can do it at 90 then I most likely will play and stay at 90 not buying thise xpac but having fun being 90.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Far as I know, no

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

As with some of the others, I'm still holding out for Pterrorwings, Kunchongs, and Sandreavers, but this is great news!
I will definitely tame one of the new Talbuks or a MoP stag.

I just have one request: PLEASE, for the love of Elune, let shoveltusks be a part of this family!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Equeon wrote:As with some of the others, I'm still holding out for Pterrorwings, Kunchongs, and Sandreavers, but this is great news!

I just have one request: PLEASE, for the love of Elune, let shoveltusks be a part of this family!
News? :O They were asking if they are a possibility, not that they are...unless I misread the post twice.

LisaaraPokefarm

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Junrei wrote:
Equeon wrote:As with some of the others, I'm still holding out for Pterrorwings, Kunchongs, and Sandreavers, but this is great news!

News? :O They were asking if they are a possibility, not that they are...unless I misread the post twice.
My post was assuming our hopes are confirmed. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Just hearing that Blizzard is "thinking maybe" of implementing the family, as they fluff up our new families for WoD, is enough for me to be hopeful.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

They're considering it, however not confirmed yet.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hee. It's all good! I hope they do get implemented!

LisaaraPokefarm

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

*drools* totaly hope they are tameable <3

so wait all stags like the vanilla ones also? - stone talon - ones? *grins*
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

I swear, if they really are making them tameable, especially the darker Silverhorn stags out in Jade Forest, one will be coming home with me, and he will be named Sam. If those aren't, I'll still happily settle for an old world stag. >.>

[crosses fingers, toes, and anything else that can be crossed]

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Asked Muffinus that, if stags do become a new tameable family, the Swift Windsteed model (unarmored), Kirin, would be a cool rare stag. Perhaps a challenge/track/rare tame that comes in all four colors, like Portent, and if they would consider that.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Mousecandy
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

Unread post by Mousecandy »

I've always adored talbuks @_@ my fav mount is my black rideing talbuk or my white war one. SO pretty

on a side note

tamablefrogsplz thanks
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Muffinus wrote:Still working out final implementation of the WoD families. Thinking maybe a Stag family w/deer, talbuk, MoP stags, etc.
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/484508343789039616

:headbang:
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:Asked Muffinus that, if stags do become a new tameable family, the Swift Windsteed model (unarmored), Kirin, would be a cool rare stag. Perhaps a challenge/track/rare tame that comes in all four colors, like Portent, and if they would consider that.
I really wish they'd used those guys in the Pandaria wilds, even if they were extremely rare and special. As it is, I'm not sure we'll see them now as their style really is Oriental / Pandaren. I think they'd feel wrong in Draenor and I don't know that they'd spend time adding them to old content atm.

If they did, I guess they would fit as "weird, scaly, flying, magical stags / goats", but would probably deserve their own rare and special family. I just think the opportunity might have passed now :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I was just looking at the Kirin the other day and thinking about what a shame it was there were never any wild ones. I wouldn't mind one as a pet.
But dreaming aside I am quite happy with what we are getting! the stag family sounds like it will cover a lot of ground and make a lot of players happy and unlike some of the other families, they will have lots of color and model variety to choose from. I am quite excited and feel like this makes up for my original disappointment in the split to the chimera family. I can't wait to hear more about this.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:I just think the opportunity might have passed now :(
This ^ :( They really would have been so beautiful, but unless they retro add them to somewhere in Panadria, or some new Panadrian area/city/zone other than Pandaria in the future, I have a very sad feeling we will never see them.

I too did think about them possibly fitting into the stag family, but for me, they really are quite magical beasts, so steeped in oriental myths and lore, I'm just not sure being labeled something like a stag would cut it. A bit like putting Quilen (More commonly know as Foo Dogs) into the dog family.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Wain wrote:I just think the opportunity might have passed now :(
This ^ :( They really would have been so beautiful, but unless they retro add them to somewhere in Panadria, or some new Panadrian area/city/zone other than Pandaria in the future, I have a very sad feeling we will never see them.

I too did think about them possibly fitting into the stag family, but for me, they really are quite magical beasts, so steeped in oriental myths and lore, I'm just not sure being labeled something like a stag would cut it. A bit like putting Quilen (More commonly know as Foo Dogs) into the dog family.
blizz has gone back and added stuff like that before. there is a BC style water strider in mop, along with new mobs and rares that were added to vanilla that were originally from lk/bc. Also the trolls have snuck in a few dinos in wod so maybe some other stuff may show up too?
just optimistic thinking of course but it never hurts to wonder.

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Wain wrote:If they did, I guess they would fit as "weird, scaly, flying, magical stags / goats", but would probably deserve their own rare and special family. I just think the opportunity might have passed now :(
They have added new creatures in the past to 'vanilla' areas. Either the windsteed might make its place found in a WoD area somewhere (I don't know what zones are there and what they look like; haven't gone looking because I want to limit spoilers as much as possible!) or it's possible that it could be added in as a rare in a different zone. Or maybe a tameable quest mob. I don't need them to be uber-rare. Even just 'one of a kind but is up frequently' would make it available.

Although I admit, I'd rather see them as part of a 'stag' family than as part of its own family. I feel it could fit.
Spiritbinder wrote:A bit like putting Quilen (More commonly know as Foo Dogs) into the dog family.
Or like putting flying arcane serpents into the 'snake' family? Or like putting stone tigers into the 'cat' family? Or like putting seagulls into the 'bird of prey' family? Blizzard's stretched the definition before, and I personally don't mind it. I'd rather have larger and more flexible families than tiny four-creature families. It's why I hope they'd put clefthooves as rhinos, or consider diemetradons as crocolisks (it's obivous they have a common ancestor anyway).
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Muffinus
Blizzard Representative
Blizzard Representative
Realm: Tichondrius

Unread post by Muffinus »

Kurasu wrote:I'd rather have larger and more flexible families than tiny four-creature families. It's why I hope they'd put clefthooves as rhinos
I have good news for you 8-)
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

...Does that

does that mean what I think it means

(Also hey Muffinus :D)
Last edited by Lupis on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Muffinus wrote:
Kurasu wrote:I'd rather have larger and more flexible families than tiny four-creature families. It's why I hope they'd put clefthooves as rhinos
I have good news for you 8-)
Whoa, hey Muffinus. Welcome. And grats on your first post. Like I asked on Twitter: since you asked, a few days ago, what a mixed family of rhinos, clefthooves, mushan and kodo would be called, does that mean that we're also getting tameable mushan and kodos?

*fingerstogetherforabigmatter*
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!