Possible new mounts in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: Possible new mounts in WoD

Unread post by Arthur »

Apparently they changed the mount reward because of all the complaints..

https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/status ... 9863432193

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I was really looking forward to the drake. My guild doesn't seem to approve of the change either. :(

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The green drake will still be in, just by a different method. :)
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

That's good then, but I'd still prefer it being the achievement. Oh well lol

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Oh thank Primus! I bet it's the green firehawk.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... rehawk.jpg

Yup - Unless that's a PH ?

It's pretty cool though, I guess =)

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Now although I thought the green drake was a bit plain I was not exactly upset with it. I do hope it makes its way to live some other way now that it has been changed since quite a few players want it.

now on a related note: OH MY GOD YES! GREEN FIRE HAWK PLEASE! Its by far my favorite of the three colors and I was was saddened by now it never made it into the game. I can not wait for this.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

cowmuflage wrote:When I first saw the name Pygmy Cow I was like 'Why is there a mini me and why do people want to ride it? Is it like a Evil ash kinda thing" Then I realised the world does not revolve around me :p
Just remember, cool cows don't look at explosions ;)

Attachments
CoolCows.jpg
CoolCows.jpg (618.47 KiB) Viewed 4151 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Damn straight they don't! :lol:
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Vephriel wrote:The green drake will still be in, just by a different method. :)
Yes! I feel mean saying this but thank goodness the green drake isn't for 250 mounts! I've always wanted a green drake, and realising I need...131 mounts (was 135, but I got the red primal raptor yesterday) and I died a little inside. I hope the green drake looks better quality than the other drake. I love my azure one but his odd chest problem makes it look like he's too sick to carry me to the skies.

I think we all know what the felfire hawk will be, don't we? ;)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm still upset about it. Emerald Drake > Green fiery hawk reskin thats blinding to even look at. :< My druid needs her respective drake, damnit!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:I'm still upset about it. Emerald Drake > Green fiery hawk reskin thats blinding to even look at. :< My druid needs her respective drake, damnit!

I agree I was looking forward to the drake :( I don't want it to turn into some gold sink either or stupidly hard rng thing. I can't imagine much QQ over it either as everyone i knew really wanted a green drake oh wells...the loud minority always wins i guess.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

That's why I voted for the emerald drake being a faction reward - I don't want to have to depend on RNG for this, or spend a ridiculous amount of gold. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind farming mounts sometimes. It gives me something to do. But not in this case.

Theres the whole issue of no WoD factions that would fit, but who knows? There still could be a faction that is related to druids/Cenarius that ends up helping us fight one thing or another. Or some Emerald dream related patch content. And there is always the option to add it to old factions or achievements from prior expansions. One person on the MMO champ forums had an excellent idea, IMO - the emerald drake could be a reward for becoming Exalted with all Cenarion reps:

Cenarion Circle
Cenarion Expedition
Keepers of Hyjal
Avengers of Hyjal

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Bendak tweeted a pretty interesting idea that I think could be pretty neat (Though it does not fall into one of the 4 options given within the poll)
Bendak ‏@BendakWoW wrote: Another option: An achievement for having X number of the other classic drakes (all of them would be too evil)

I think 8 classic drakes (10 counting TCG). "Something-something of the Five Flights" Collect 5 classic drakes.
I quite like this, while it's not an instant pickup like the BMAH or just purchase it for XXX gold, nor just smash your face on X, Y and Z mobs until we like you enough let you buy it.... it a little of all of them :)

A lot of people would probably have the requirements for this straight away, and those that don't can chip away at the rep/gold/drops they prefer to farm to complete the achievement. Also them all being relatively old mounts, the content needed to farm, gain the prior drakes is pretty darn easy to solo.

The Black and Bronze can both be achieved in about 30-45 min (Dam that roleplay in CoS!) and then the Twilight the next week (or even the same if you have another character). The albino you get for collecting 50 mounts, which over 75% of wow players now have anyway, so that would leave only 1 more? Red needs to be Exalted with Wyrmrest Accord and then you can buy it, but then you can just re-run dungeons with the Wyrmrest Accord tabard which goodness knows how quick you could get exhaled now.
...... And Presto Your done!

oh and there are still leaves 5 other options with..
  • * the Blue and Azure (Malygos drop)
    * the Fel or Mottled from TCG
    * and the Chromatic (From Ultrixon)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote:Bendak tweeted a pretty interesting idea that I think could be pretty neat (Though it does not fall into one of the 4 options given within the poll)
Bendak ‏@BendakWoW wrote: Another option: An achievement for having X number of the other classic drakes (all of them would be too evil)

I think 8 classic drakes (10 counting TCG). "Something-something of the Five Flights" Collect 5 classic drakes.
I quite like this, while it's not an instant pickup like the BMAH or just purchase it for XXX gold, nor just smash your face on X, Y and Z mobs until we like you enough let you buy it.... it a little of all of them :)

A lot of people would probably have the requirements for this straight away, and those that don't can chip away at the rep/gold/drops they prefer to farm to complete the achievement. Also them all being relatively old mounts, the content needed to farm, gain the prior drakes is pretty darn easy to solo.

The Black and Bronze can both be achieved in about 30-45 min (Dam that roleplay in CoS!) and then the Twilight the next week (or even the same if you have another character). The albino you get for collecting 50 mounts, which over 75% of wow players now have anyway, so that would leave only 1 more? Red needs to be Exalted with Wyrmrest Accord and then you can buy it, but then you can just re-run dungeons with the Wyrmrest Accord tabard which goodness knows how quick you could get exhaled now.
...... And Presto Your done!

oh and there are still leaves 5 other options with..
  • * the Blue and Azure (Malygos drop)
    * the Fel or Mottled from TCG
    * and the Chromatic (From Ultrixon)
Thats funny as I've always had the idea of the chromatic being a reward for that kind of achievement (as they are essentially all the flights melded into one) but I guess the emerald could work as well. Or even the corrupted timeless dragons would make a good mount too. I love drakes so I'm happy either way :)

Just to lay out all the flight colour options: (including all drakes)

Black: Black, Twilight, Nether (as they all come from black dragonflight eggs), black proto
Gold: Bronze, time-lost, mottled
Blue: Azure, Blue, Blue proto
Red: Red, Red proto, Handmaidens/blazing drakes
Chromatic: Exp 12-B, Violet proto
Misc: White, Fel (mottled could also go here), green proto, Plagued proto
Last edited by Castile on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowlands

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I love these ideas because it means you work for something but not in the typical grindy way (do X dailies, X raids, X turn ins, X quests). Its like subgoals for the main goal. Though my character would likely have all the drakes and reps required for this idea in particular, I do like this thinking outside the box. I miss working for a reward in creative ways, not like simple dailies or raid runs or whatev
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

That's actually an awesome idea too.. But Castile is making me more and more wishful for a chromatic drake now :lol:

My dream would be:

Emerald Drake:
Get exalted with all Cenarion-related factions (Cenarion Circle, Cenarion Expedition, Keepers of Hyjal, Avengers of Hyjal).

Chromatic Drake:
Collect any five classic drakes. (Azure/Blue/Red/Bronze/Black/Twilight/12-B/Albino/Emerald (when implemented)). Reward: Chromatic Drake

---

...Or once the Emerald Drake is in... The achievement for the Chromatic drake could instead be to collect a drake from each main flight. (Emerald Drake for Green, Red drake for Red, Azure or Blue drake for Blue, Bronze drake for Bronze and Black Drake for Black.)
Last edited by Lupen202 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I like that idea of the Emerald being a reward for the 'meta' of collecting all the other colours. Or at least the regular flight ones... the chromatic is just still a bit mean ;)

I also like the other 'meta' idea of a reward for becoming exalted with all possible Cenarion factions, including the Firelands one. If not, that could be a cool meta to offer an unused hippogryph colour, i.e. the pinky-purple or the blue.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:I like that idea of the Emerald being a reward for the 'meta' of collecting all the other colours. Or at least the regular flight ones... the chromatic is just still a bit mean ;)

Another 'meta' it could be the reward for is becoming exalted with all possible Cenarion factions, including the Firelands one. If not, that could be a cool meta to offer another unused hippogryph colour, like the pinky-purple.
I like the cenarion idea :) The original faction was quite a feat to get exalted with from memory (i did it for the title in wrath i think...) and the firelands/BC one's on their own gave us a hypo so that makes sense!

I think if the chromatic became a meta reward it would have to be different from 12-B to keep the snowflakes happy so maybe if they used armour like on the azure or runes that would be ok? I always wanted my own Gyph from UBRS and it pains me the raid it comes from isn't soloable for me yet :cry:

Shadowlands

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lupen202 wrote:That's actually an awesome idea too.. But Castile is making me more and more wishful for a chromatic drake now :lol:

My dream would be:

Emerald Drake:
Get exalted with all Cenarion-related factions (Cenarion Circle, Cenarion Expedition, Keepers of Hyjal, Avengers of Hyjal).

Chromatic Drake:
Collect any five classic drakes. (Azure/Blue/Red/Bronze/Black/Twilight/12-B/Albino/Emerald (when implemented)). Reward: Chromatic Drake

---

...Or once the Emerald Drake is in... The achievement for the Chromatic drake could instead be to collect a drake from each main flight. (Emerald Drake for Green, Red drake for Red, Azure or Blue drake for Blue, Bronze drake for Bronze and Black Drake for Black.)
If they do this, I could get behind it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine