Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Re: Gara

Post by jensketch »

Tried going in full Sargerei Disguise - problem is it falls off when you leave Socrethar's Rise. The buffs you get up there do, too. So no go there.

Tried going to her as a Ghost - there is a Spirit Healer at the Gravestone, but no Gara.

Will continue to puzzle this out after the server restart! :)
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Post by Aoife »

I got in queue for AV and sat there until restart just now - so about 20 or 25 minutes without getting into the BG. I logged out right at Gara... maybe something after the restart? can only hope....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Post by SylviaDragon »

So I know a lot of people have tried interacting with gara and the rares while dead buy what about just looking for items and stuff? like I know you cant see the npcs but maybe there is something else in the spirit realm you can only see while dead. or maybe there IS an npc somewhere but its farther away from the main hot spot. a wandering npc or someone who is hanging out by one of the other graves sites perhaps?
tried talking to/taking rez sickness from the spirit healer by gara?
has anyone checked for secret passages that you can only get to while dead? like maybe you can fall through one of the graves as a ghost or in a certain area you are given spirit flying that allows you to get to a place you otherwise could not get to?
tested various items to see if they can be used while dead, ect.

ummm... has everyone checked their various npcs/visitors to their garrison to see if they have anything to say or have any knowledge of the berries?

oh, there is also this if no one has tried it. its a 100% drop off a rare from nagrand.
http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=82764
http://wod.wowhead.com/item=118246#dropped-by
perhaps someone would interact with the wolf it summons? maybe you can give it berries? i don't know.

our ideas are getting more and more far fetched but we gotta keep trying! what could we be missing? bah I wish i could get into beta and do more that make random guesses. I would love to be a part of this- would give me something to do.

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Post by jensketch »

Sylvia you have some REALLY great ideas!! I'm logged in right now and was just trying to get the stacking buff from the minions that Mother Om'ra spawns during her fight. But someone always comes along and kills her -- and this made me realize that I highly doubt Blizzard is going to want to attach a griefing scenario any more to rares. So I don't think that's the angle.

I was going to go fly out to Frostfire Ridge and just *scour* the zone. But I will try the death things first and report back here!

jensketch#1607 if you want to add me for conversation -- just if anyone from here adds me, please say you're from here!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Post by Lupen202 »

I checked out Shaz'ghoul while dead and the immediate area around Gara, but not much else.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Darkbrew
Realm: Drenden

Post by Darkbrew »

I spent some time today in the following areas with nothing significant to report.

1) Ran all over Frostfire Ridge focusing mostly on Grom'gar, but I did run around the entire zone (this was on a lvl 97 alliance Hunter). There is a Hunter's Hall there, but it yielded nothing obvious. Tried killing lots of NPC's and tossing flare around.
2) Spent time in Nagrand. I did kill the Wolf Mother, but haven't tried using her trinket.
3) Near Oshu'gun there is cave with void spirits, but again didn't find anything significant other than a item that contained Garrison resources. There is a rare void slime behind Oshu'gun but didn't drop anything significant.
4) There are Frostwolf Shamanstones in Frostfire Ridge. They provide a buff while you're in the zone. Different stones give you different buffs. Only found one. SMV has something similar. Haven't tried to find them all, but maybe you need a zone buff? doubt it.

The challenge when you don't know what you're looking for is that everything feels like it's what you're looking for. I suppose the answer is out there and once it's know we'll have our spirit beasts in five minutes, but for it's quite the challenge.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Post by jensketch »

Feasel just tweeted "Try to level up some more and it will come to you."

Thing is most of us are trying at level 100. I did all the quests in SMV, did I miss it? Is it ADDED into that quest from the Nelf in that area that I've already completed perhaps? Does that mean it's something from another zone or does that simply mean we have to be 100 to even do it?

Well, we're 100 Feasel. And we're trying!

Update on death explore: Ran and explored every nook and cranny of the Spirit site where Gara spawns and Mother Om'ra. Not a dingy darn thing. Tried taking the rez sickness form the Guardian Spirit there but didn't spawn there, it ported me instead to another graveyard and THEN rezzed me with sickness. I ran back to Gara with sickness to see if anything had changed and nothing.

I'm trying to relate it to all the other challenge tames we've had thus far. They all were fighting ones. Deth'ilac, et al. The new Porcupettes. The only ones that were different were the "Tracking" tames and those weren't challenging or hard, it just took persistence. Whatever they cooked up for us here, it's far simpler than what we're muddling out.

I'm just glad there's a puzzle to figure out. I haven't had to figure out how to do something in this game since the King run in Dire Maul -- and it was exactly the same, a bunch of crazy people who play all the time talking on forums, doing trial and error :D
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Post by Lupen202 »

I'd hate to have to do it (again) but maybe if we start from 90 and do some of the quests over again mainly in SMV, something will stand out to us. Now that we know (in a way) what to look for, and what might be a potential connection to Gara. I'm up for it, instead of running around with no idea what I'm looking for lol.

Not saying the item itself will be a quest item, as she's supposedly tamable by both sides, but maybe it'll at least give us ideas.

Or is he hinting that it's in the level 100 zones?

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Post by Rarehunter1 »

Perhaps Feasel wasn't talking about character levels, but proffesion levels? Maybe there is a special recipe cap level cooks can learn to make a spirit treat of some sort? Or perhaps this supposed "lantern" everyone is looking for is a cap archeology item? Or maybe you have to fish it up lol. I don't know, just brainstorming.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Post by Lupen202 »

The "hint" could also be saying that maybe the next step in taming her is in one of the higher leveled zones. Nagrand for example, or Spires, but nothing sticks out to me in Spires. Everything about her says either FFR or SMV. Shadowmoon orcs and the Frostwolves.. But maybe there are some orcs in Nagrand that are part of the Frostwolves (or were). But they'd have to be neutral.. I know there's a burial grounds in Nagrand.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Post by moonone »

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/507990500259803136

not sure if that has any relevance at all - if that is a hint for us???

regardless I just spent 20 min doing every emote in the wow book. If that is it must be done in a certain order? -

also more tweets in original tweet.

I hope he is not hinting at the fact there is a wolf somewhere - in some zone -

guess we might see a bunch of hunters running around like headless chickens all over Draenor
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Post by Lupen202 »

I know Olgra is in Nagrand, and her parents are dead along with her wolf. Doubt it has any relevance but..

I don't think they are neutral though. But I didn't check on them in the last build or so, so maybe something changed.

Took this screenshot when I saw them. Was a couple weeks ago that's all I know.

Edit: also, got two small fruit from the Warsong Marauders near Olgra in Nagrand, at Worgskins camp. Its for that effigy item, don't know if that was discussed further or not. Maybe each item drops from a different zone? And is for Gara? Far-fetched but ehh? Fruit from Nagrand, Bone from FFR.. etc.?
Last edited by Lupen202 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Abraxusta

Post by Abraxusta »

All you think the new rare spirit beast is Gara? And the beast is in the same location where you can find the NPC Gara?
Did i understand it right?

Only what i say is, just think back to Loque'nahak and the Har'koa the snowleopard the queen of .... :mrgreen:

Kind regards to all hunters
:ugeek:

good luck with the hunt :headbang:

is there a channel in the beta for all the hunters which are on the hunt for new rares?

"Nagrand, the beautiful scenery of the Hunter"
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Post by Quiv »

Olga herself is part of a horde quest. I won't spoil it (it involves a character everyone probably knows) but it didn't strike me as related. Not saying it isn't, I did it a few builds back. FWIW
Eaglesong
Realm: Proudmoore

Post by Eaglesong »

Sadly, I'm really bad at figuring out these kind of puzzles! But, I will keep trying. I'm sure, at this point, that we may be overthinking it.

My biggest questions still are: Who's companion was she in life? Who is she mourning? Who is she still attached to?

Been listening to this for inspiration :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhZdune_5Q
Last edited by Eaglesong on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Post by jensketch »

I think there needs to be... more of a breadcrumb trail other than "looks at you expectantly" for the next part.

It literally could be *anything* and I'm not sure what is the best way to spend my time trying to puzzle this out.

I'm afraid what it may end up being (unsatisfactorily, too) is that someone is just going to dumb into an item and luck out. :/
Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Post by Thori »

I spent a good hour or so running around FFR today - killed many wolves and other creatures to see if they dropped anything, but nope. I've leveled to 100 on my ally hunter so I figured if there was something there it would have to be in an area Ally could actually get to in FFR, but I didn't find or see anything, I think a lot of it is phased or something.

Nagrand is my next destination. The way Muffinus responded with "just level up for a while" seems like a bit of a hint to say that you need to be level 100 or in a higher level zone probably?... like Nagrand.

I'm pretty sure he's also saying we're definitely done with the Berries, "maybe you're done with that step, and on to the next". So we can probably assume that we don't need to do anything further with them.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Post by moonone »

Almost finished going back over FFR -
thing to note - Other than the shamanstones - the only place I have seen the frostwolf insignia is

Mother wolfs burial site :

pretty much the same thing as by Gara....

I've tried numerous things before - and just tried a few more things right now - but nada - is this Alli friendly? - The questline for her etc? - If not then its probably a dead end - which I suspect.

The quests opened up at 96 or 98 I think. Npc's are just outside Throm'var (the hub) by lava se a little. Khadgar and Cordana Felsong are involved so that's why I thought it might be alli friendly??

that's it for now - back to it
Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Post by Thori »

moonone wrote: The quests opened up at 96 or 98 I think. Npc's are just outside Throm'var (the hub) by lava se a little. Khadgar and Cordana Felsong are involved so that's why I thought it might be alli friendly??
Definitely didn't see any quests for Ally other than a questline I could pick up from some fire elemental asking me to kill a bunch of Ogres then free some fire elementals. That's the only quests I found in my travels in FFR as Ally.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Post by moonone »

well - done with Frostfire - looked everywhere except complete search along shoreline - and then the Agu'raks fall / Iron siegeworks area. Guess if we all start searching through the other zones - at least we can count them out or not. Did some of Nagrand earlier - searched Burial ground there.

Remember to maybe throw up search undead and search hidden. Beast might get a little too cluttered but whatever floats your boat.

Time for a break - gl