New Hacker scam. MUST READ
New Hacker scam. MUST READ
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
However, while it isn't a new scam, it's definitely important to spread the word - particularly with so much Cataclysm info coming out.
Basically, you're not invited to the beta through in-game whispers. I'm not entirely certain how beta invites do go out, others on this forum can enlighten us, but I guarantee that they'll never require you to click on a link from the email. These are great rules of thumb if you're hoping for an invite.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
- Ungoro
- Expert Hunter

- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am
- Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU
- Gender: Male
- Location: England
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
The /w were obviously scams and if they're still going around, the chances are they'll be from people named 'Blizzard' or 'Blizz' with a variation of the 'b' or an 'i'. Thing was they /w me both times on my shaman while he actually had (and still does) have the mount in his bag. Not sure if there's a topic about this scams or if its been noted before, just trying to help.
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
Makes a change to 'Blizzard are releasing new mount, come claim all yours' crap I keep seeing. Only not as summed up. And always, always in bad english.Redith wrote:So this may be a duh forum but if it helps someone then i did good. New scam PMS saying you have been invited to join CAT beta. They even give you a password
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
Curse Client Google Ad Scam
A few months ago a couple of people got hacked because of malicious google ads redirecting to fake armory pages. (See this news)
The same problem is now affecting the Curse.com client that many of you use to update and download addon.

Whenever you try to reach a popular WoW site (including mmo-champion) always type the URL in your browser's adress bar or bookmark it, don't click links from external websites or google them.
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian
And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ

Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
buy an authenticator wonderful idea...OH wait...Last time I tried to do that BOTH my accounts got banned...OH AND THEY STILL ARE! Y do people keep rubbing it in? lolVespias wrote:Agree Red...scan that puppy cause there's a good chance you got something. Of course if something IS there, follow up and change your password and for goodness sake, get an authenticator.
I got nothing to lose
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ

Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
Nah I figured as much. Im not mad at anyone hereVespias wrote:Sorry Red...didn't see that post till after I had replied to this one.
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian
And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
That and I read your previous thread and tbh both parties are at fault, even if your account isn't compramised. IE they mistook your actions for a hacker, or for a sold account. As everyone has said just keep your cool and calm and you'll get help- hell even I did when I was near nerd raging about not understanding why I couldn't renew my WoW subscription. By the second report I got a guy who explained it all to me.Tahlian wrote:It's possible you really were compromised already, Redith. That might be why you're having the current problems you're having with Account Admin. Although in an odd way, that might be a good thing, as quite often, people whose accounts are closed during a compromise can get them back and properly restored. It's certainly something to look into.
All you need to do is keep calm and try to get to the higher ups, raging at them over a simple mistake isn't going to help anyone.
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
- Chrizesu
- Community Resource

- Posts: 1089
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 am
- Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)
- Gender: Female Dragonkin
- Location: Albany Oregon USA
- Contact:
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
lol china?Saturo wrote:"Your IP is similar to some hackers" is just pure bullshit. IPs are random, 'cepy for a small geo-locator, so unless all of <your country here> are hackers...


Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: New Hacker scam. MUST READ
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.





