Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
- Kastarakovski
- Expert Hunter

- Posts: 294
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:10 am
- Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary
- Location: South Australia
- Contact:
Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
So, after leaving Indifferent and finally deciding on a particular server (Dath'remar for Alliance, Caelestrasz for Horde - and so say all of us exes who have since walked out on that guild...), "Lazona" needs a new name.
As much as I'd like to keep it, there's been a bit of a stigma attached to her for the last few years that I'd dearly love to lose. I've already fixed her storyline to involve her decision to change her name and disappear as it were during the events of the Cataclysm, but as for the name...er...well, let's just say I can't decide and would rather like to know which one you think would suit her best ^_^;
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated =3
EDIT: General information
Lazona has been my main toon for the last few years. She's a Dwarven Huntress, the minority on most servers. I originally picked her for a strange affinity I seemed to have with Dwarves (probably helped that I had a case of the terminal shortness in my family LOL). I didn't start developing her character until about two years ago where a like-minded friend introduced me to The Hunter's Bible (Petopia) and I started focusing a lot more on centralising and grounding her past and present affairs.
She began as the main focus for my story thread - http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 56&start=0 - the central series of events surrounding her and my alt hunters, Kastarakov, Cleyandra & Tencents. In later stories, she became the standalone character, as my focus on her increased some months before Indifferent's collapse, mostly as a way to detach myself from those events and not become as personally involved as I did become in the end. At this point, she's off trying to make amends with her father, Harlan...
She has five pets, all her babies, and all of them alpha beasts (something to do with me liking alphas, and otherwise because I love their skins):
"Nightshade" (Gezzarak) - a bit of a bitch, sadistic, sarcastic, straight to the point
"Amenti" (Araga) - the pridemother, soulmated to Griefstrike, loving, devoted, a bit forceful at times
"Griefstrike" (Old Cliff Jumper) - the packfather, soulmated to Amenti, old, venerable, wise and still as vicious as he was in his pup days
"Boannan" (Rak'shiri) - the first of Laz's 'real' pets, playful as a kitten, very strong and fun-loving
"Tiberias" (Loque'nahak) - the newest of the family, only just learning his place, quiet, a listener, devoted
Laz as she is now (after having been dropped from the guild): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Lazona
As much as I'd like to keep it, there's been a bit of a stigma attached to her for the last few years that I'd dearly love to lose. I've already fixed her storyline to involve her decision to change her name and disappear as it were during the events of the Cataclysm, but as for the name...er...well, let's just say I can't decide and would rather like to know which one you think would suit her best ^_^;
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated =3
EDIT: General information
Lazona has been my main toon for the last few years. She's a Dwarven Huntress, the minority on most servers. I originally picked her for a strange affinity I seemed to have with Dwarves (probably helped that I had a case of the terminal shortness in my family LOL). I didn't start developing her character until about two years ago where a like-minded friend introduced me to The Hunter's Bible (Petopia) and I started focusing a lot more on centralising and grounding her past and present affairs.
She began as the main focus for my story thread - http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 56&start=0 - the central series of events surrounding her and my alt hunters, Kastarakov, Cleyandra & Tencents. In later stories, she became the standalone character, as my focus on her increased some months before Indifferent's collapse, mostly as a way to detach myself from those events and not become as personally involved as I did become in the end. At this point, she's off trying to make amends with her father, Harlan...
She has five pets, all her babies, and all of them alpha beasts (something to do with me liking alphas, and otherwise because I love their skins):
"Nightshade" (Gezzarak) - a bit of a bitch, sadistic, sarcastic, straight to the point
"Amenti" (Araga) - the pridemother, soulmated to Griefstrike, loving, devoted, a bit forceful at times
"Griefstrike" (Old Cliff Jumper) - the packfather, soulmated to Amenti, old, venerable, wise and still as vicious as he was in his pup days
"Boannan" (Rak'shiri) - the first of Laz's 'real' pets, playful as a kitten, very strong and fun-loving
"Tiberias" (Loque'nahak) - the newest of the family, only just learning his place, quiet, a listener, devoted
Laz as she is now (after having been dropped from the guild): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Lazona
Last edited by Kastarakovski on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
Is there any additional info you can provide about "Lazona"? Might make it easier for those who are unfamiliar with her to give a better opinion! 
- Nevar
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
- Realm: Hellscream
- Gender: Female
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
I vote Cynderlyn because it reminds me of Cinders which reminds me of fire which reminds me of forges which reminds me of dwarfs which she is!
- I love my thought process

Foxy and Wiley! <3
Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
would love some more information on character:) otherwise it's a random pick!
Don't panic!
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
If she's dwarvish, then I second that vote. However, you might want to check out...Nevar wrote:I vote Cynderlyn because it reminds me of Cinders which reminds me of fire which reminds me of forges which reminds me of dwarfs which she is!- I love my thought process
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate. ... dwarfnamer
http://www.rdinn.com/generators/1/dwarv ... erator.php
Here's a good sampling to get started with...
Rari Nuradak Nituali Zagdak Vuletu Agadmek Dagla Torarr
Nurra Yurdavok Tumgi Zekmal Bethgunn Harlarad Yerak Musdarum
Balarna Norgirn Yuril Davamalk Belbriila Magadum Armervae Yemerbal
Tanak Davamud Tali Burgakver Anla Burkar Agli Fogtul
Emboh Magadal Lula Reitul Krina Kulddorn Rada Naniarr
Zintmae Magamek Skorim Davakak Keshra Thobor Yutte Ogradeif
Doril Odar Morli Thokrakver Tudilu Azkak Gorah Nanidorn
Rega Norbor Gernu Berthdan Yerta Thokradugan Elrin Dunthal
Velm Agarin Gwarna Karkdan Rokorad Morabal Yurza Duerbal
Ilri Garkarak Chaedu Kolmnof Rona Harlamalk Yurir Thranakal
Bada Torkal Vonila Dardar Nita Dunadbor Delka Thorekrak
Delya Thokrasten Yada Magadun Armerar Yurdaduum Gani Yamakar
Fragh Buraban Belak Turamak
Account has been closed at user's request.
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
Who really cares if the name is dwarvish or not? I have a dorf named harp [admitedly after booze not the instrument[ and an orc named Rosalyn :p
I like Rychanna, but I also don't mind Cynderlyn even if a bit on the cliche side. So I'm unfortunately unable to cast a vote. I would have voted for the Xanth name but that reminded me of a series, the Xanth novels that have gone south in the last few books
and imo your toon does not deserved to be tagged with such a name.
I like Rychanna, but I also don't mind Cynderlyn even if a bit on the cliche side. So I'm unfortunately unable to cast a vote. I would have voted for the Xanth name but that reminded me of a series, the Xanth novels that have gone south in the last few books
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
I went with Cynder since your storyline involves her being "reborn" from the cataclysm. Seems a fitting name on many accounts.

- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
I agree, Cynderlyn seems very fitting... but I voted for Rychanna. I just like it better.
Grats on deciding on a new home, btw! Fresh starts are always great.
Grats on deciding on a new home, btw! Fresh starts are always great.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
- Vephriel
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 16439
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
- Gender: Female
- Location: Canada
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
I really like the sound of Tenieka so that's what my vote was. ^^
- Rhyela
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 6857
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 pm
- Realm: US - Ysera
- Gender: Female playing males and females
- Location: My chair
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
I voted Tenieka because it looks/sounds unique. But I don't know how much you want another character whose name starts with "Ten". Some people like that, some people don't. But yeah, Tenieka. 

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!
Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
- Nevar
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
- Realm: Hellscream
- Gender: Female
Re: Need a smidgent of help, y'all...
I didnt SAY that the name had to be dwarvish thats just the way my thought process went and I really like the sound of it so thats my vote /shrug

Foxy and Wiley! <3
Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

