whats up with Blizz admin today?

User avatar
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am
Realm: several

whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by Redith »

So I decided to do a relm change. I have done 4 in my wow lifetime. They have allways taken less then an hour.
However for the last 2 hours after I submitted my request, the tanfer dept was down. THEN when it did come up its estimated time was 7 hours. Any reason I dont know of
Image
User avatar
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5649
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
Location: VA

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by Dewclaw »

They did a lot of maintenance over the past 24 hours, including a long list of realms and the login server. This might have something to do with it, just give it time.
User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yeah they're getting the older servers updated to be ready for Cataclysm. Who knows what they're messing about with back there? ;) Just be patient, you'll be transferred soon enough. :)

Oh. Does this mean you got your accounts back?

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 am
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)
Gender: Female Dragonkin
Location: Albany Oregon USA
Contact:

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.

Image

Image
Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by Sarayana »

Chrizesu wrote:Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.
Hm. I don't know, I just read that the official story is that they were down for pre-cata preparation.

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 am
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)
Gender: Female Dragonkin
Location: Albany Oregon USA
Contact:

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Sarayana wrote:
Chrizesu wrote:Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.
Hm. I don't know, I just read that the official story is that they were down for pre-cata preparation.
It would be incredibly unwise for them to do that now then, as Cata atm is extremely...broken. Talents aren't even finished.

Edit: Hmm, maybe what they're doing is shifting stuff around to the servers can take the load.

All I know is that there are a lot of death knights on my server now.

Image

Image
Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

User avatar
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 6474
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 am
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
Gender: Female
Location: In the bushes watching. Always watching.

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm guess it's server updates etc. I haven't even been able to select a realm transfer yet and I'm not sure why.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
Image
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Unread post by Sarayana »

Chrizesu wrote:
Sarayana wrote:
Chrizesu wrote:Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.
Hm. I don't know, I just read that the official story is that they were down for pre-cata preparation.
It would be incredibly unwise for them to do that now then, as Cata atm is extremely...broken. Talents aren't even finished.

Edit: Hmm, maybe what they're doing is shifting stuff around to the servers can take the load.

All I know is that there are a lot of death knights on my server now.
Well I don't expect they're trying to do anything more than just fix the oldest and most buggy servers. They did that a good while before Wrath launched too.

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Post Reply