Exotics at level 10 for BM!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Update: CONFIRMED! See Wain's post below! :D

Hi there, I've been lurking for a long while, I've been waiting for a good excuse to make an account and I think that opportunity has finally arisen! I've personally been hoping for this for a really long time, found this in the Wowhead datamined stuff:
Link to the page.

Take it with a grain of salt of course, but man, my fingers are crossed! :)

PS: Thanks for all the info and discussion over the years! Hunter pets are probably my favorite thing in WoW so I appreciate this community even if I just joined.
Last edited by Bambu on Thu May 14, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Exotics at level 10 for BM maybe-hopefully!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh, that looks very promising! :) The 69 requirement just feels so awkwardly late at this point, and fairly unnecessary when compared to other class specializations. Hopefully they go through with the idea, I think it would make a lot of sense and give young hunters some more fun at early levels.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Is a good change but I hope them really make exotic pet real exotic ... When come to outlook , raid , damage , size etc, exotic isn't really that exotic to me .Sometime I do feel a white gorilla , red dragon like serpent or metallic cat looks more exotic then the real exotic pet. Do hope they make a serious consideration Atleast revamp the outlook of so call exotic pet
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Vephriel wrote:Ooh, that looks very promising! :) The 69 requirement just feels so awkwardly late at this point, and fairly unnecessary when compared to other class specializations. Hopefully they go through with the idea, I think it would make a lot of sense and give young hunters some more fun at early levels.
It's always been weird to me. Especially after all those low-level exotics were added in that MoP patch. As an altoholic who's made way too many hunters, it's always bummed me out coming across them then being able to do nothing. But hey, better late than never! Really hope it happens.

I also wish they'd do away with the BM-exclusive families and just have BM hunter's pets provide the additional buff and bonus ability so I can tame Ban'thalos on my Night Elf Survival Hunter. I'd go into reasoning and further detail, but that's a different topic I suppose. :oops:

EDIT: The post above me gave me more ideas on the exotic debacle in my mind. Is there a topic for "exotic improvements" or could I make a new one?
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Holy hell I hope this is true!

EDIT: I did some hunting on patch notes and have found nothing so far. :(

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Bambu wrote:I also wish they'd do away with the BM-exclusive families and just have BM hunter's pets provide the additional buff and bonus ability so I can tame Ban'thalos on my Night Elf Survival Hunter. I'd go into reasoning and further detail, but that's a different topic I suppose. :oops:
I'm sorry, but I vehemently disagree. Taming exotic creatures is one of the biggest reasons I've stuck with Beast Mastery over the years, never switching despite several periods of being the least viable spec. The specification is called "beast mastery", and nothing screams "mastery of beasts" like the ability to tame T-rexes, chimeras, giant bugs, and even the spirits of fallen beasts.

Taking that away, and only offering the BM pet buff in compensation, would further homogenize the hunter specs and provide even less identity to Beast Masters.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Man, I REALLY hope this is legit. It's so frustrating to see things like worms and even shale spiders and rhinos sub-60 and the only thing you can do is sigh and kill them for their loot. Since all the buffs scale anyway (and some of them are restricted by level in and of themselves like the party rez) then why NOT add them?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel

Junrei wrote:Holy hell I hope this is true!

It's listed under the Hunter class changes on the Wowhead patch notes page, linked in the first post. You have to hover over the Exotic Beasts ability to see the two tooltips, one being the old version and a second being the new where the level is down to 10.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Equeon wrote:
Bambu wrote:I also wish they'd do away with the BM-exclusive families and just have BM hunter's pets provide the additional buff and bonus ability so I can tame Ban'thalos on my Night Elf Survival Hunter. I'd go into reasoning and further detail, but that's a different topic I suppose. :oops:
I'm sorry, but I vehemently disagree. Taming exotic creatures is one of the biggest reasons I've stuck with Beast Mastery over the years, never switching despite several periods of being the least viable spec. The specification is called "beast mastery", and nothing screams "mastery of beasts" like the ability to tame T-rexes, chimeras, giant bugs, and even the spirits of fallen beasts.

Taking that away, and only offering the BM pet buff in compensation, would further homogenize the hunter specs and provide even less identity to Beast Masters.
Yeah. I can definitely see what you mean. My reasoning is along the lines of "I enjoy playing Survival more despite liking Beast Mastery's over-all theme and exotics" In other words: I can't have my cake and eat it too. Oh well, this is what having 3 level 100 hunters is for I guess. ;)

Anyhoo, is the new build up on PTR? Anyone able to check if this was implemented or still there in the files? Not sure how this all works to be honest beyond "datamined info could go either way". :oops:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OMG Bambu, well spotted! This is probably one of the most important finds of the expansion for BM :)

I just went and tested on a level 15 hunter. You know how hard it is to find low-level exotics outside the Wandering Isle? But I did find Gnath in Silverpine...

It looks like they're going to have to add a few more exotics to low-level areas. This is awesome :)
Attachments
GnathTame.png
GnathTame.png (895.25 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Exotics at level 10 for BM!

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

AW YIS

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Wain wrote:OMG Bambu, well spotted! This is probably one of the most important finds of the expansion for BM :)

I just went and tested on a level 15 hunter. You know how hard it is to find low-level exotics outside the Wandering Isle? But I did find Gnath in Silverpine...

It looks like they're going to have to add a few more exotics to low-level areas. This is awesome :)
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! :D

Glad to have helped! I suppose I'll start another BM Hunter when 6.2 hits. I've been needing a reason to make a Human or Dwarf. :P
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Cool! That's a nice find!

Nice job.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Equeon wrote:

^^^^^ THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Taking it away basically just says "Eff you" to BM. Exotics are what make BM what it is.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:
Junrei wrote:Holy hell I hope this is true!

It's listed under the Hunter class changes on the Wowhead patch notes page, linked in the first post. You have to hover over the Exotic Beasts ability to see the two tooltips, one being the old version and a second being the new where the level is down to 10.
Ah. I was looking on MMOChamp since usually they'd have it too but they don't.

LisaaraPokefarm

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

lvl 10? oh god :lol:

but its a good thing, i might lvl another hunter XD
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I am excited for this change! I've been hoping for it for years. Now peeps can get the full flavor of the spec WHILE leveling instead of being mostly near max before it feels like you get to have any real fun with your exotic pets.

I remember when I was but a tiny hunter and first stepped into Un'goro with the Devils. My first reaction was 'I WANT ONE.', a friend told me that they indeed were tameable, but I had to level more. I couldn't WAIT to get to the right level. The moment I dinged those levels and got enough points to hit the bottom of the skill tree [Back when it was 51pts!], I ran back and Nibbles has been with me for four years now. /EndThwipStorytime

This now gives wee hunters plenty of time to bond with their exotic pets from the get go and it makes me very happy, and if they want to go 'I want that!' they can if it's tameable. Adventures with Exotics! :D
Great find, Bambu!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Thwip wrote:I am excited for this change! I've been hoping for it for years. Now peeps can get the full flavor of the spec WHILE leveling instead of being mostly near max before it feels like you get to have any real fun with your exotic pets.

I remember when I was but a tiny hunter and first stepped into Un'goro with the Devils. My first reaction was 'I WANT ONE.', a friend told me that they indeed were tameable, but I had to level more. I couldn't WAIT to get to the right level. The moment I dinged those levels and got enough points to hit the bottom of the skill tree [Back when it was 51pts!], I ran back and Nibbles has been with me for four years now. /EndThwipStorytime

This now gives wee hunters plenty of time to bond with their exotic pets from the get go and it makes me very happy, and if they want to go 'I want that!' they can if it's tameable. Adventures with Exotics! :D
Great find, Bambu!
That's an awesome story. I remember taming Chomper (King Krush, and yes, Land Before Time sequel reference) back in early Cataclysm. He almost killed me and another hunter showed up immediately after. Ahh, memories...

Also, guess my exotics idea wasn't the best. I suppose I agree it's what makes Beast Mastery unique. I enjoy Beast Mastery anyway.

Hey, is there a list of low-level exotics anywhere? Also, any idea about Burrow Attack/buffs abilities on that Gnath of yours, Wain?

PS: Thank you guys for being so friendly, I'm usually so nervous joining a new community. This one's always looked very welcoming though. :)
Vephriel

Bambu wrote:Hey, is there a list of low-level exotics anywhere? Also, any idea about Burrow Attack/buffs abilities on that Gnath of yours, Wain?

PS: Thank you guys for being so friendly, I'm usually so nervous joining a new community. This one's always looked very welcoming though. :)
I used the filters in the pet search over on the main site, this should be a listing of all tameable exotic pets, ordered from lowest level to highest:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php?s ... c=1&tame=1
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Here is a lv 1-50 list of exotic pets
You can refine the search Here

*Ninja Veph :P

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?