Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Seilahyn »

My Worgen Hunter has a Skoll I named Hatii. I liked the name Hatii better and wanted to go away from naming Skoll Skoll. This makes me a bit sad I didn't. I could have had Skoll and Hatii out at once! Now I'll have Hatii and Hati. If I ever do the Lengendary on my alt Hunter that is.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Could just rename it. :mrgreen:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not all that keen on having a permanent second pet if I can't even choose or customize it. I mean dual-wielding pets is awesome, but Hati doesn't necessary fit most of my hunters. :/ I really do hope they at least consider some kind of glyph so we can have a second pet from our own stables or something.

I'm just so underwhelmed by Titanstrike because it doesn't fit my characters much and it feels like we're being shoehorned into this titan/electricity theme without many options.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

I have to agree with everyone that I'm not realy a fan of this "forced Hati" situation. Although, when the trait first came out, I was hell-bend that it would have been permament version of the Blackrock Foundry 4-piece set bonus but with Call Pet (that would hopefully come permanent skill if future expansions), which might have boosted my reaction.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeeeah, I kinda understand why they're going this route (electricity, wolf model from WotLK, etc.); however, I agree that I'd much rather just be able to have two of my own pets from my stable. Being able to actually run around with both Tetsusaiga AND Apollyon would make me piddle my pants! But it's like they're hell-bent on cramming this Titan/electric crap down our throats. Maybe we're the vocal minority and everyone else loves it, but that's not what I'm seeing/hearing around here, anyway.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

My only complaint about the second pet being Haiti is that the model is so old and bjorked looking compared to all of the pretty pets that we've seen since WOTLK. They could have done something similar in looks to the Warlords wolfs in Skoll's coloring and it would have been just as fitting I would say, giving us such an old model as part of our shiny new artifact weapon is a bit of a disconnect, even if I can see where they are trying to come from.

Going to just keep hoping that, given the updates to some pet models currently going on, that they give this model a make over as well at least, or give us the option to use the appearance of a second pet from our stable instead.

But it is still alpha. I can also just hope that this model is currently a placeholder and something awesome is coming down the line.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'll have to admit that Skoll is not my favorite spirit beast model. Are there any others that are tied to electricity that would be a suitable replacement? Probably depends some on the lore around Titanstrike which we really haven't seen details for yet. If it's tied to Northrend.. then may be a short list to work with.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

They're not spirit beasts, but wind serpents used to have lightning breath.

Honestly though, unless there's specific lore requiring Hati to be present, I don't see why Blizzard can't just electrify a few pet species and let us choose. Skoll and his siblings are basically electrified recolors themselves, so why not? Assuming that sticking the lightning effect on isn't horribly complicated.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Perhaps have the different pets obtainable the same way you acquire different looks for the weapon..
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I don't know if I want a whole second pet running around, even if there were more options than just a LK wolf. I'd like to have a way to infuse the spirit of Hati into my real pet.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

oh my god.. I just realized: I hate some pets families because they take so much room that when you come to loot a dead mob they can get in the way of your trying to click the corpse (a certain garrison bodyguard follower who shall remain unnamed has the same problem).

Now what the heck am I going to do with two pets in the way?

And no, I will not take up a slot in my bags for a lootarang.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sukurachi wrote:oh my god.. I just realized: I hate some pets families because they take so much room that when you come to loot a dead mob they can get in the way of your trying to click the corpse (a certain garrison bodyguard follower who shall remain unnamed has the same problem).

If you have room for a minor glyph, there's the glyph of fetch! It has the exact same functionality as the lootarang without taking up any bag spaces. I don't have to use it much, but it definitely comes in handy! :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kalliope wrote:They're not spirit beasts, but wind serpents used to have lightning breath.

Honestly though, unless there's specific lore requiring Hati to be present, I don't see why Blizzard can't just electrify a few pet species and let us choose. Skoll and his siblings are basically electrified recolors themselves, so why not? Assuming that sticking the lightning effect on isn't horribly complicated.
Oooo I kinda like that idea! Have it summon an electrified or "Fancied Up" version of a kindred beast. The kindred beast could just be set to the beast you have in your second slot (or your 1st if you have your 2nd as your active) It's easy for them to add and use allover effects on models these days too, like if you have a tan wolf it would look like...

Though in a perfect world I would still prefer to have a cosmetic minor that just make it look like second slot pet without the added "Fanciness". It would also appeal to the the masses (and myself) the most I'm guessing.

Vephriel wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:oh my god.. I just realized: I hate some pets families because they take so much room that when you come to loot a dead mob they can get in the way of your trying to click the corpse (a certain garrison bodyguard follower who shall remain unnamed has the same problem).

If you have room for a minor glyph, there's the glyph of fetch! It has the exact same functionality as the lootarang without taking up any bag spaces. I don't have to use it much, but it definitely comes in handy! :)
OMG This! ^ I Love fetch so so much <3 :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I want Hatii to be the same as my active pet. I will be a Gnome hunter that only uses mechanized pet dammnit and I want twin robo bunnies!
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Kalliope wrote:They're not spirit beasts, but wind serpents used to have lightning breath.

If its lore based on the gun than tbh they should go out of there way to give it a skin worthy of it being lore bound. not some already existing 4 year old skin. >_>
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Malackai wrote: If its lore based on the gun than tbh they should go out of there way to give it a skin worthy of it being lore bound. not some already existing 4 year old skin. >_>
The BM intro chain should take you to a special area (that can be revisited) where you can bind a thunder spirit. Hati would only be one choice there. There should also be Ratatat-task, the machine-gunning thunder squirrel, and A-Muninn-ition, the lightning raven. Those are both new models. Also a basilisk or mana wurm as Nidhug, and an eagle or hawk of some kind. Norse mythology + lightning gun pun to be determined. Or an owl... I don't know of any owls in Norse mythology, but there is always Bupo.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

After some pondering and reading what others have said .............................. I don't like this. One pet can get in the way sometimes especially if they're of a larger stature. I love fetch so that helps but what about during taking screen shots. There are times I take forever to do them to make sure my pet is featured perfectly in the shot. So this ................ wolf will just be there. In the way. Wrecking the shot unless I unequip the gun I suspect. From what I can tell yeah he does kill command etc but you still cannot control him.
But truly I am really disappointed that he is seemingly going to be forced to fight with you. For my own personal character's stories that really really bothers me. When it was first rumored that Hati was going into the game I was so hoping he would be a chosen tamable beast. Gee so much for giving hunters a choice. Yes that's petty and a little :cry: -ish. But kinda hard to feel like an individual with the uncontrollable beast running next to your beloved pet like every other hunter in the game.

I've been BM since I started WoW in 04. This. This may make me change.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

What kind of master of beasts will we be when we have a poorly trained wolf following us around trolling us?
Slickrock

zedxrgal wrote:After some pondering and reading what others have said .............................. I don't like this. One pet can get in the way sometimes especially if they're of a larger stature. I love fetch so that helps but what about during taking screen shots. There are times I take forever to do them to make sure my pet is featured perfectly in the shot. So this ................ wolf will just be there. In the way. Wrecking the shot unless I unequip the gun I suspect. From what I can tell yeah he does kill command etc but you still cannot control him.
But truly I am really disappointed that he is seemingly going to be forced to fight with you. For my own personal character's stories that really really bothers me. When it was first rumored that Hati was going into the game I was so hoping he would be a chosen tamable beast. Gee so much for giving hunters a choice. Yes that's petty and a little :cry: -ish. But kinda hard to feel like an individual with the uncontrollable beast running next to your beloved pet like every other hunter in the game.

I've been BM since I started WoW in 04. This. This may make me change.
If you are RPing you can use another gun.. it's not like the BM artifact is an amazing model..
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I'm not a fan of the two pet thing, especially if it's a beast I don't get to choose. If we do end up getting the ability to choose from our stable, I'd feel slightly better about it, but would probably just use the tiniest pet possible. I'm actually looking forward to trying out SV, the BM changes aren't exciting me very much.

Still wishing Beast Mastery would just mean that I can use any pet for any situation; training it to give whatever buff I need at the time. I want to use my toaster wolf for everything!