Should stables be replaced with pet tabs?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Should stables be replaced with pet tabs?

Unread post by Bristlenose »

It makes sense in that finding a stable master outside a major city can be a real hassle. There are two ways to resolve that. One is to stick stable masters all over the place. The other is some kind of remote stable access. Either way they will need to make it easier on hunters who want to swap out their pets without having to hearth or travel to some remote location from their current one just to change a few pets.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Bristlenose wrote:It makes sense in that finding a stable master outside a major city can be a real hassle. There are two ways to resolve that. One is to stick stable masters all over the place. The other is some kind of remote stable access. Either way they will need to make it easier on hunters who want to swap out their pets without having to hearth or travel to some remote location from their current one just to change a few pets.
Maybe with mechanical pets becoming a thing, engineers will be able to build remote stable masters who function like Jeeves. I wouldn't mind a Titan-themed stable master who can usher my pets safely across long distances for a quick swap. (If balance is an issue, the cooldown can be long. Just give us something!)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

WHTJunior

Unread post by WHTJunior »

I know that this discussion has gotten a bit old, but I feel the pull of both sides of an update, and could go either way. I just feel that we need something, rather than staying at the current 55.

My 100 Night Elf Hunter tamed every cat in the game. Know how many there were as of Warlords of Draenor? 56. You all know what that means. I had to decide which cat to release so that I could get both of the new tigers in Warlords. I make it a point to switch them out every so often so that they all get some play time. I also understand that we have new cats on the way in Legion. For him, I could easily take another page or two at the stables or a hunter pet collection tab.

My Undead Hunter has nearly every diseased, ghostly, undead, or grisly pet. You know, Chimaeron, diseased bears, bone spiders, ghostly jormuguar, spirit beasts. Anyone want to guess the only pet he doesn't have? Loque'nahak. Anyone want to guess which of my characters does have Loque'nahak? That's right, for those who were paying attention... My Night Elf who has every cat. So, in this instance, for all of the Skarrs, Loque'nahaks, Sambas, Gondrias, Ankhas, Magrias, Skolls, Ghostcrawlers, Aotonas, King Krushes, and any other rares I haven't mentioned, I would much rather have a tab than ever having to find, or tame, that pet again, once I have it on my account. It would also prevent people from having to come back on additional characters, like I've done, to get it a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or more times.
Firesighn

Unread post by Firesighn »

I'd really like it if I didn't have to visit a stable every time I wanted to use a different set of pets. I KNOW a lot of my pets would see more time in the field if I didn't have to pick and choose 5 because there are some pets I like to have on me at all times. I MUST have a turtle or beetle because they are my fav tanks, and I would LIKE to have a water strider and rylak with me at all times for the special abilities. Which only leaves 2 slots, really, unless I want to sacrifice a rylak and/or strider, which I often do, but I LIKE having them for the slow fall and water walking. That being said, I wouldn't mind them not implementing it. I don't think it is vital, but I would consider it a comfort of living improvement. All of my hunters have "canon" pets that I consider them ACTUALLY having and others that I just really like and want to tame, so I wouldn't really consider it impersonal anyway, since I don't feel like I need my hunter to connect with every single pet. /shrug
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Kalliope wrote:Maybe with mechanical pets becoming a thing, engineers will be able to build remote stable masters who function like Jeeves. I wouldn't mind a Titan-themed stable master who can usher my pets safely across long distances for a quick swap. (If balance is an issue, the cooldown can be long. Just give us something!)
I think this would be the way to go. Stable masters have been around a long time, and I can't realistically see them being replaced with a UI. A mobile stable master with a CD would be a nice compromise IMO.