MM Getting Pet back - new Alpha build

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: MM Getting Pet back - new Alpha build

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wow awesome news
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Ok, so seriously happy about this if they decide to keep it that way. Almost cried when I realized my second spec was going to be pet-less by force not by my choice. THANK YOU BLIZZ <3
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Wow Im so excited to read this! I didnt want BM b/c or the gun, didnt want SV bc I like long ranged, and as MM I lose my pet.

Now I can have my bow AND my pet. Win!
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

It was really great of Blizzard to listen to player feedback like that. Now I'll be able to have two specs on my hunter in Legion since I'd never play without a pet :D
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Zulmalakhan wrote:this is awesome, now a hunter really CAN be everything he was supposed to be, dark ranger, axe thrower, spear thrower, marksman, beast master, shadow hunter, the whole nine yards :D, blizzard has really outdone themselves with this expack, they are really listening to the community, now if we could only get skyscreamers and rocs and dreadravens tameable, especially skyscreamers :D
And Tinker.
Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

This is very welcoming news.

When they first announced it, I was pretty disappointed to have the choice taken away from me. As a hunter that raids, the other talents in the tier are just not worth taking over Lone Wolf. It hurts me as a huge part of the appeal of this class is the pets, but it's something I feel obligated to do to help progress. (Which is the same reason I'm MM. BM is my favorite spec, but I do better numbers as MM except on cleave fights) It is not a talent I would take otherwise, and I suspect this is how many others felt.

Hopefully they'll be able to balance the new talent tier so the other options are somewhat appealing. I really miss raiding with my pet :(
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I may be the odd one out but I liked MM with no pet. It made the three specs very much different.
"Get up close and fight WITH your pet"
"Stand back and COMMAND your pet, and fight from ranged"
"SNIPER" (Though I still think they should have gotten the gun.)

Giving MM back the pet seems... ehh... like caving to shut people up. Which sometimes can be good (Points to Haiti) But sometimes... ehh...

Not for... nothing but MM haven't been using pets for a while. I never saw MM running around with pets in the last expansion. They went MM to get the DPS boost from lone wolf and never looked back.

That's not to say that MM hunters aren't 'Hunter's' they just express it in different ways.

Now it's "Weak gun+Strong pet" vs "Strong bow+weakpet" and that just doesn't 'Live the fantasy:" to me

Survival at least is significantly different and innovative.

With the 'add back the pet' i will say it might be the only way I'd play MM now.... because I love my pets. I __________HATE______________ The BM Artifact.. so if I can go MM and get the Bow+A pet....

I'm going to have to weigh it. MM+Bow+Pet vs BM my fave and long running spec.. with Fugly gun, but with added shockdog.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm really hoping they configure it so the pet is entirely optional. I love that people who are devoted to MM get to use their pets if they want, but I would also love it if the option was there for MM to have no pet at all and deal the same damage. And I don't mean a glyph or talent, I mean seamless, like if the pet is put away then your damage is automatically still the same without you taking any further action other than dismissing your pet. Is this what they're aiming for? I hope so.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't see a problem with that. Lone Wolf is a static % to damage, I'm sure if they made it baseline, they could just adjust the % to make the damage the same. There will be min/maxxers who discover its +1.04650305% better to go one way or another so it may "force" (I use the term so very loosely) to play that way but for everyone else it would be a pure choice of whether to have a pet dismissed or not. That being said, they probably make it a talent to add on some sort of weight to the decision.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

MM getting the pet back has allowed me to actually look forward to playing my belf hunter in Legion. :) She's normally SV for RP purposes, however, the new changes to SV totally wrecked how I RP her and I was really disappointed to have to switch to BM to try and play a sniper character. She's too attached to her pets to be without them so when I saw they're going to make it an option (as in, if you don't want a pet don't use one Pepsi :P), then I made the jump to MM in current as it's a little better suited to a sniper anyhow and I'm able to make changes that actually fit her character for RP.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Oh thank god! I wasn't looking forward to changing spec, best news they could have given us
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I kinda preferred one spec not having a pet, but I understand why people were upset. Unfortunately, from what I've seen in FB groups, Lone Wolf is still pulling ahead of the pet MM

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Junrei wrote:I kinda preferred one spec not having a pet, but I understand why people were upset. Unfortunately, from what I've seen in FB groups, Lone Wolf is still pulling ahead of the pet MM
That news doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The whole reason for dropping the pet from an endgame POV is to min/max better. Letting marks hunters have their pets back allows personal preference (at a dps loss) and maybe some rare situational usage.

Having the option of a pet won't change things for people who really want to max out. Having no pet will almost always be more practical for mix-maxing simply because there's an inbuilt damage loss from pet pathing. But for those who like playing marks with a pet and don't mind the slight dps loss, the option is now there again.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Junrei wrote:I kinda preferred one spec not having a pet, but I understand why people were upset. Unfortunately, from what I've seen in FB groups, Lone Wolf is still pulling ahead of the pet MM
I am happy they announced this, I might actually try legion now.
For me personally it doesn't really matter if petless mm is pulling ahead i will mostly relying on LFR and just some questing anyway but with some of the surv skilled added to mm it will at least feel somehow familiar to my old trusty surv hunter.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Assuming all is tuned correctly, I don't see why having options wouldn't put smiles on faces all around. Considering how contentious losing the pet was, having the option is a win/win for all personal preferences. Someone playing MM without a pet doesn't impede on my enjoyment of MM with a pet, nor does my enjoyment of a pet invalidate their preference for going petless. Both are fine because options are good!

I can't respect the attitude that doesn't want others having the option to play differently.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

If all you're doing is LFR, yeah, it likely won't matter. but if you plan on raiding beyond LFR, it's quite possible you may have to be petless if they keep it as is. It's still Alpha so I take it all with a grain of salt.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:If all you're doing is LFR, yeah, it likely won't matter. but if you plan on raiding beyond LFR, it's quite possible you may have to be petless if they keep it as is. It's still Alpha so I take it all with a grain of salt.
Yeah, unfortunately, ever since the concept of hunters having no pets was introduced, this is a big choice for hunters: roll with no pet in raids to be competitive or risk not getting taken by higher tier groups/be content with lower raiding tiers. Again, this really only impacts the middlecore players, since hardcore players will already do whatever it takes to min/max and casual players are going to do what's fun for them regardless. (Reasons I've been casual upon my return? You'd better believe it.)

Basically, so long as Lone Wolf is an option, this is undoubtedly going to be a problem for endgame hunters.

YouTube Edition

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Quiv wrote:Assuming all is tuned correctly, I don't see why having options wouldn't put smiles on faces all around. Considering how contentious losing the pet was, having the option is a win/win for all personal preferences. Someone playing MM without a pet doesn't impede on my enjoyment of MM with a pet, nor does my enjoyment of a pet invalidate their preference for going petless. Both are fine because options are good!

I can't respect the attitude that doesn't want others having the option to play differently.
See, I don't understand the attitudes of people upset that they're allowing MORE OPTIONS. Don't want to play with a pet? Then don't; that's great for you! Enjoy MM but still want your buddy by your side? Then play that way too! Like, unless you're really super hardcore into endgame, it's not going to matter much. Do whatever makes you happiest. More options should never be considered a bad thing; it's not like they're taking away petless MM for those who enjoy that playstyle, and it's still the tip-top of the charts so I don't understand the complaining.

Thank you Blizzard for giving me a way to enjoy a character that was likely never going to see the light of Legion because the hunter changes would have utterly ruined the way that she gets RP'd.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Junrei wrote:If all you're doing is LFR, yeah, it likely won't matter. but if you plan on raiding beyond LFR, it's quite possible you may have to be petless if they keep it as is. It's still Alpha so I take it all with a grain of salt.
Yeah, unfortunately, ever since the concept of hunters having no pets was introduced, this is a big choice for hunters: roll with no pet in raids to be competitive or risk not getting taken by higher tier groups/be content with lower raiding tiers. Again, this really only impacts the middlecore players, since hardcore players will already do whatever it takes to min/max and casual players are going to do what's fun for them regardless. (Reasons I've been casual upon my return? You'd better believe it.)

Basically, so long as Lone Wolf is an option, this is undoubtedly going to be a problem for endgame hunters.
Yeah. And believe me. I know how raiding hunters feel about that. Remember that lovely Claws a Shirvallah talent druids have that was freakin' rad? Completely flippin' USELESS if you plan to do just about anything beyond LFR and it ticks me off cause I find the other two talents to be boring as hell for alternatives. However, if I wanna raid competitively, I've no choice but to take Bloody Claws. *headdesk*

But yeah, I'm glad the option is there at least.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:Yeah. And believe me. I know how raiding hunters feel about that. Remember that lovely Claws a Shirvallah talent druids have that was freakin' rad? Completely flippin' USELESS if you plan to do just about anything beyond LFR and it ticks me off cause I find the other two talents to be boring as hell for alternatives. However, if I wanna raid competitively, I've no choice but to take Bloody Claws. *headdesk*

But yeah, I'm glad the option is there at least.
Ugh, that really sucks. Hopefully that will be remedied in Legion. I haven't been following druid news; have there been any changes?

I wish that class balance worked in such a way that all choices would be equally viable for all classes to be equally effective, but that's a virtually impossible goal - and not just in this game.

YouTube Edition