Pokemon!

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Redith »

Please let this dog Pokemon be viable as a party member. I'm talking to you Myghtyena and Furfrou
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

How was Mightyena not viable? I have one on my team and he's a awesome!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

More bits I didn't see mentioned anywhere:

Solgaleo's ability is 'Full Metal Body'...it prevents Stat loss. Basically 'Clear Body' in a fancy wrapper. Which means Sol CAN still lower his own stats with certain moves (Close Combat for example, or Superpower)

Solgaleo's signature move is 'Sunsteel Strike'. This undoubtedly Steel type move (The trailer showed it neutrally hit a Salamence. Could be Psychic too...but Steel seems most likely) ignores the opponent's ability. So Mold Breaker's effect tied to an attack.

Lunala's ability is 'Shadow Shield'...it makes it so that the next direct hit Lunala takes while at full hp will only do half the dmg. So 'Multiscale' in a fancy wrapper.

Lunala's signature move is 'Moongeist Beam'....this most likely Ghost type move (Not ruling out Psychic...but Ghost is most likely) has the same effect as Sunsteel Strike.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

It's definitely ghost as it's super effective against the gengar in the trailer (if I remember right).
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Redith wrote:Please let this dog Pokemon be viable as a party member. I'm talking to you Myghtyena and Furfrou
Mightyena is completely viable! The problem is its move pool while leveling up is GOD AWFUL, but you can breed a Poochyena with EXCELLENT egg moves. I basically soloed all of Y with a Mightyena.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Magnakilro

MaximumOverdrive wrote:It's definitely ghost as it's super effective against the gengar in the trailer (if I remember right).
Yeah but Psychic is supereffective too...Gengar is Ghost/Poison
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I thought ghost resisted psychic type moves tho? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong...

Edit - Aww nvm...I'm not sure where the heck I got that from then...other than Metagross and occasionally Espeon and Lugia, I use any psychic type pokemon.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Gengar is weak to: Ghost/psychic/dark. Given that the attack is called MoonGEIST beam, it seems somewhat logical that it would be a ghost type. SunSTEEL strike seems logically to be a steel type move. though it would be neat if they introduced dual type attacks...

My Mightyena (in oras) had: Thunderfang, bite/crunch, Roar, dig.
Though I later bred one to have thunder/fire/ice/poison fang. Gave up a STAB, but had 4 move types, so I was usually strong against something.

Zygarde forms will be a part of Sun/Moon, I am looking forward to playing with a techno-doberman.

I am also curious as to what the "secret" that the starters and the rock-type dog have...

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Jurz wrote:
Redith wrote:Please let this dog Pokemon be viable as a party member. I'm talking to you Myghtyena and Furfrou
Mightyena is completely viable! The problem is its move pool while leveling up is GOD AWFUL, but you can breed a Poochyena with EXCELLENT egg moves. I basically soloed all of Y with a Mightyena.
That was my issue . The leveling move pool stunk
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Reading all your guys' info, I realize that I am hopelessly uneducated about pokemon. I just pick the ones that I think look cool and try not to pick moves that suck. But I probably fail at that too. :lol: I tend to do alright in the game itself, but I know I'd stand a snowball's chance in hades if I tried to do any kind of tournament or PvP thing.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

From Serebii:

Ledyba can be found in Route 1 of the game. The move lists can bring up full details and tell you if the move will be effective, super effective, or not effective on the opponent Pokémon
You can now see how a stat has been altered via moves in battle
Ledyba is #020 in the Alola Region Pokédex and will show you the evolution chain or if it forms a pair
New Pokémon called Yungoos. It's always hungry and can be found in Route 1. It is Normal-type. Ability is Stake Out/Strong Jaw
New Pokémon called Pikipek. It is Normal/Flying-type. Its abilities are Keen Eye and Skill Link. It has two evolutions and is #010 in the Alola Pokédex.
There is a festival in the next town that kicks off your journey. It's where you battle Hau where he has a Pichu
Popplio can know Disarming Voice
A new Battle mode called Battle Royale where four players play with 3 Pokémon, each sending out one at a time. It's a Free-For-All battle but when the first trainer loses all their Pokémon, the game ends and players are tallied up by defeated Pokémon and remaining Pokémon and that determines the winner.
A new Pokémon has been revealed called Grubbin. It is a Bug-type and its ability is Swarm
Stakeout's effect: This Ability means that the Pokémon’s moves can deal twice the normal damage to any Pokémon that switches in or enters the field mid-battle. Soul Heart's effect: This Ability raises Magearna’s Special Attack by 1 each time another Pokémon in the arena faints.
It also noted the change in the appearance of Solgaleo and Lunala while they do their signature moves as being called Radiant Sun phase & Full Moon phase

~~~
~~~
~~~

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/

New video on the front page as well showing the new pokemon.

Someone said the Yungoos looks like Donald Trump...gah!
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

With Mightyena being viable, I can say as someone that used to battle competitively the problem with Mightyena isn't its move pool. It has some great moves in terms of power and coverage. All three of its abilities are great too. The problem is its stats. They are way too low to be a threat in competitive play. Sucks because I love how Mightyena looks too. I used one way back in my original ruby game.

I'm really happy seeing an actual free-for-all mode finally made! Looks like fun.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kirrandria »

The new battle mode looks super fun!

As for the new Pokemon - I really like Pikipek! Grubbin is kinda neat (wonder what it'll evovle into? May be the caterpie/wurmple/etc of this gen?)
Yungoos is....
Someone said the Yungoos looks like Donald Trump...gah!
ROFL. But yeah, it's not a pretty Pokemon. That apparently permanent snarl. Looks like its mouth is plastered onto its face.
Magnakilro

On the pokemon website, it states that Grubbin likes Electricity...we may potentially get a second Bug/Electric type here
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

The new ones are overall okay, but Pikipek is really cute! <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Magnakilro

SEVEN new pokemon revealed!

1: Drampa: A Normal/Dragon type. Such floof and derp

2: Togedemaru: An Electric/Steel hedgehog. Seems to be our new 'Pikachu style electric rodent' this gen

3: Bruxish: A Water/Psychic fishy. Looks...interesting!

4: Cutiefly: A Bug/Fairy fuzzbug. Cute!

5: Charjabug: A Bug/Electric type grub of sorts. It is Grubbin's first evolution.

6: Vikavolt: A Bug/Electric type. Really awesome. Grubbin's final evolution.

and 7: Tapu Koko: An Electric/Fairy type. Looks like some kinda tribal thing. His ability, Elec Maker, automatically applies Electric Terrain to the battlefield.

It was also revealed that Zygarde 50% (the snake) will also be getting the Swarm Change ability (transforms him into Zygarde Complete at low hp and heals him)

Source: http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/30-June-2016.shtml
Magnakilro

Missed a bit:

Drampa has an ability called 'Frenzy'. Frenzy increases its Sp Attack stat on activation. Atm its unclear what activates it. My guess is low hp.

Bruxish has a new ability called Dazzle. Dazzle completely negates Priority moves (quick attack, Sucker Punch, Extreme Speed etc)