The amount of people race changing Goblin/Gnome...

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: The amount of people race changing Goblin/Gnome...

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:Same here. My Draenei will never tame a mech (unless there are Draenei-themed mechs in the future), but my gnome will. There are no other races that have the technologial background that gnomes and goblins have.
Even everything the dwarves have was give to them by the gnomes. And with orcs, it has been stated a few times in lore that they don't have the mental capacity for technological innovation. Similar to dwarves, the goblins gave the orcs their technology.
yup, hence why my Korkron Orc would only tame the Grey Korkron Mech Scorpid and not the other mechs. The other mechs just seems too Gnomish or too Goblin-isque.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Myzou wrote:
Xota wrote: Curious coins are also spent to buy relic patterns, and relics have real game utility, they're not just vanity items.
Which is part of the problem.

Another thing that the mech taming item has to compete with.
It is overwhelmingly unlikely that curious coins will be as rare as you're panicking about. Nobody is being punished.
Last edited by Xota on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They're rare, but not so rare that you'll only find them once in. Blue moon. Part of why they seem so rare is due to many people not looking for them. Since this is Beta, many just don't want to put forth the effort to find something rare that they can't keep.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Valnaaros wrote:Same here. My Draenei will never tame a mech (unless there are Draenei-themed mechs in the future), but my gnome will. There are no other races that have the technologial background that gnomes and goblins have.
Even everything the dwarves have was give to them by the gnomes. And with orcs, it has been stated a few times in lore that they don't have the mental capacity for technological innovation. Similar to dwarves, the goblins gave the orcs their technology.
This for me too. Only my gobbie or my gnome will have a mech pet. Shoot. They may not even at that. At least I don't see my gnome with one. I NEVER wanted mech pets. Personally it just doesn't fit. But you can sure as hades bet if Subject Four became tamable with his satellite dish as a mech I'd be all over that. :lol:

I in no way disagree that it's a race specific perk either. As said. Gnomes /gobs have this knowledge of generations and generations of crafting /building. I support it wholly. Something being race /class specific is not new either and players should be used to certain race /classes having perks. I am not bitter that my DK has their own mounts they can use. Not bitter that ONLY tailors get to fly on a magic carpets. Or that leather worker's get that dope ass wolf. So why not gobs /gnomes being the only ones with the immediate knowledge to tame these things right off the bat.

I am willing to be Blizz makes the coin more available upon launch. It will still be a rare item but the drop rate will increase.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!