Small question concerning Hati

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Small question concerning Hati

Unread post by Rawr »

I don't like seeing my own pet's names. I know who they are and when you're raiding the less names on the screen the better. :mrgreen:

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

zedxrgal wrote:That too is an option Rawr but then you cannot see your own pets name which would bother me more. :lol:

I have started looking at Hati in a different light though. He's just another companion /garrison follower that helps out. He's NOT a second pet or anything the like. He's just there. I think that will help me with all his shortcomings.
That's the same vibe I am getting from Hati as well. Plus, he is a lot less creepy than some followers I've encountered.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Rawr wrote:I always un-select the option to show friendly pet/minion names :mrgreen:
I always do that too, but it doesn't help me in my case. Hiding names doesn't hide the fact that it's still Hati. If I select them, even if names are hidden, its Hati. If I essence swap my rylak, Torva, onto Hati, it looks like a Rylak. But if I select the rylak, it says "Hati" not "Torva". To me, essence swapper should have included swapping my pet's name and image onto Hati. Then it would be perfect.

And I totally realize in typing that, it sounds like I'm just overly whiny (and maybe I am XD). Again, I'm grateful we have the item, and I'm grateful we can hide names as well.

It's just that still, according to the game and the rest of the world and anyone else who can click my pet, that "rylak" is still Hati and not the pet I tamed for a reason. And really, I don't hate Hati or anything. I like wolves personally and I like the story that goes with Hati and Titanstrike (even if I hate guns), and I like the direction of BM Hunters going towards 2 pets. I just hope that Hati is maybe a test and in the future my BM Hunter may continue to have two pets, I just hope it's two pets I've actually tamed, not one I am forced to use.

If that makes sense XD

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rawr wrote:I don't like seeing my own pet's names. I know who they are and when you're raiding the less names on the screen the better. :mrgreen:
Good point. :lol:

May have to try this. Didn't honestly think about shutting them off for raids. :oops:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Rhapture wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:That too is an option Rawr but then you cannot see your own pets name which would bother me more. :lol:

I have started looking at Hati in a different light though. He's just another companion /garrison follower that helps out. He's NOT a second pet or anything the like. He's just there. I think that will help me with all his shortcomings.
That's the same vibe I am getting from Hati as well. Plus, he is a lot less creepy than some followers I've encountered.
And hopefully less likely to run off and grab a half dozen more hostile mobs in addition to the ones you're currently fighting *COUGHAEDABRIGHTDAWNCOUGH*
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Boven wrote:
Rhapture wrote:

And hopefully less likely to run off and grab a half dozen more hostile mobs in addition to the ones you're currently fighting *COUGHAEDABRIGHTDAWNCOUGH*
:lol:

From what I've seen he doesn't run off like that. He's just stands there like a bump on a log till you send your pet to attack.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!