Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Ana »

Brilliant selfie!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Ooo I'd love to do this!

Name: Flyra
Level: 110
Exotics: No
Restrictions: Nope!

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I know your report will be awesome. Can't wait to see what you get!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Oh no Rhyela, I don't mind at all. ^_^ Like I said, I really think that the way you're doing this is really neat and I always look forward to seeing your reports and next adventure. That selfie is awesome and adorable! :D

Flyra:
Purple Boss Wasp

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

[Random Pet Challenge] Purple Boss Wasp (what a tongue twist

Unread post by Flyra »

Purple Boss Wasp

I had to laugh out loud when I saw what you'd rolled for me. I have a history with this wasp. :lol: (the Queen in Zul'Gurub anyway). When I was farming my Zulian Panther she always, without fail, would scare the life out of me. She's huge and you don't see her at first. I had to prepare myself.

First of all, I must say she is an absolutely stunning pet. I personally do not like purples/pinks but I honestly could not stop posing her and taking screenshots. The minute I tamed her I immediately got in a spot to view her under the effect of Beastial Wrath and oh boy, is it something:

She has the colour scheme of an ocean sunset. It really is incredible. Unfortunately, her size has been put back to normal but she is still astonishingly eye-catching. I was actually running around Dalaran for a bit with Beastial Wrath on and people get stopping and coming over to see what she was! :lol:

Her animations might be annoying to some, as she is constantly jittering about and cleaning herself. It's not really like an occasional yawn from a cat , the minute you stop she will start fidgeting/twitching/cleaning over and over. I thought it was really cute though, she just wants to look her best. As you can see from the picture it's almost like she keeps tilting her head to see where you are!

Even though pet stats are the same now, specced to tenacity she did die quite a lot when I took her questing with me in Suramar but she holds aggro well. It's worth mentioning that when she begins to attack she does let out an extremely loud hiss that sounds like a firework going off - it made me jump more than once - and then continues to hiss/rattle throughout combat. I thought I would be annoyed by the noise wasps make as they fly, the thought of constant buzzing in my ears seems like torture but honestly it's really not noticeable.

She is the type of pet that can change colour drastically in diffirent lighting. This might not be enough of a deciding factor for some people but it's something that keeps me from using Gondria when the lighting turns her bright pink.

For example, in some dark caves her cooler tones are completely muted making the pink ones stand out

And in other places the pink completely disappears until she becomes entirely blue and purple

(She looks like some sort of Twilight God in this picture)

Overall if you really want a pet that's gonna stand out and terrify people in instances then this is for you. I also think she'd suit a Night Elf or someone with an elegant theme, as she does have some very elegant tastes:

Maybe I'll name her Tipsy.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I loved your report, Flyra! You got some really amazing screenshots of that wasp. :D

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Thank you, I had a lot of fun! Do you mind rolling me another? :)

Name: Flyra
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: Nothing pink please! :lol:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'd be interested as well. I forgot about this challenge.

Name: Quiv
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: Nope. Go nuts.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Awesome report, Flyra! :D I knew it would be.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I loved how the wasp looked in those screenies :-) i love stalking these threads :-D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

TygerDarkstorm wrote: Quiv:
Pale Rylak
(Hope I did this right! Its more story oriented than utility)

"More and more of our people slaughtered..." The Laughing Skull orc adjusted his mask, his frustration readily apparent. "We'll never get Gorgrond scouted with that damned beast flying around." Silence filled the small camp as the loss of even more struck our hearts.

The silence was broken by the old orc Chieftan. "Who among us would have the courage to bring down the Doomwing?" More silence. Durotan's disappointment was obvious.

"I..." My voice trembling, "I will try." With Durotan's blessing, I entered the Drywind Gorge on the hunt for a massive murderous rylak.

A few hours passed and there was no sign of the Doomwing anywhere. I figured he was holed up in some cave somewhere, so I found some shade to rest and wait by. The skies were filled with rylak soaring high and wide, but my attention was constantly stolen by one in particular. This guy seemed smaller than the others, and only flew in low tight circles, as if he was too timid to fly higher with his brethren.

My curiosity peaked, I decided to see if I could get his attention. I waited a few passes and threw some rocks as far as I could, wanting them to be near, but not too close. One fateful throw grazed his tail, and just as I suspected, the little guy panicked and flew directly into a nearby patch of growth, hiding among the trees and bushes. I cautiously followed.

He was shaking. "What happened to you, little guy?" I whispered to myself as I watched this terrified animal. I decided to see if I could coax him out, so I slowly appeared from the bushes, low to the ground and spoke to him softly.

He was not having it! The rylak, trembling still, leaped from his hiding place and lunged at me. I darted backwards wondering what I gotten into, but luckily he stayed close to his hiding spot.

I watched him a while longer from a distance, and noticed he looked very thin, even for a rylak. I looked around for something, and finally spotted a raptor near the growth. I snuck through the bushes, hiding by the rocks and crevices until I had a clear shot. Within moments, the raptor succumbed to its wounds.

I headed over to the kill, knelt and laid my hands on its head out of respect for the life it gave. I quickly carved out a few pieces of meat and left the rest, already being eyed by a circling buzzard.

I hurried back to my spot to find my buddy still hiding, but not trembling as much. I emerged with the the majority of the meat and slowly laid it down in a clearing. The rylak noticed me immediately, but took much interest in my gift. As I backed away, I watched it follow its nose to the meat, and then consume it voraciously.

After finishing, he looked up in my direction. My attention perked when he then began to growl. The beast suddenly leaped, dust and leaves flying everywhere! I ducked to the side as he soared over my head, turning to find that he had tackled and killed a nearby Botani that was too close behind me for comfort.

The rylak's demeanor immediately changed as he stood triumphantly over his kill. I chuckled as he seemed to show off for me.

I decided to try again and boldly reach out for him. He timidly accepted my hand, and thats when I saw it. Scars, a bunch of scars on both faces and necks. I'd seen similar before in other beasts whose siblings tried to kill them in their nest, a particularly close dragonhawk pet I knew when I was younger. Apparently the same happened to this guy, and so I named him after my pet from my youth: Caurin'as. He might have been a runt, wasn't the prettiest creature, and certainly smelled something awful... but his heart was huge.

I fed Caurin the few pieces of meat I had left, and noticed the little guy warming up to me. We spent the rest of the day traveling around the Gorge, taking the safest paths we could. We went by the steam pools, around Highpass, and even near the Gronn Canyon, but it was pretty obvious he wasn't ready to tangle with the Gronn. To be honest, neither was I!

I could tell the sun would be setting soon, so I figured I would head back to Beastwatch for the night, my new buddy in tow. It was then I looked down and noticed a dreadful shadow.

I startled at the sight, and Caurin must have sensed it as he took off toward the shadow, flying up to nearby cliff.

"CAURIN NO!" I yelled as I ran after him, much slower than my nimble little friend rylak.

I heard the roar of the Doomwing.

I heard the fire crackling.

Finally the thunderous flapping of the giant rylak flying off. I knew what had happened.

Caurin'as had fallen.

I was enraged. All I could think about was slaying the creature that killed Caurin'as. I watched the sky for hours, I hunted in the Gorge for days. This beast had shed enough blood, but now it was personal.

And then finally, I had my moment. The great rylak had made a fatal mistake.

Foolishly it had tangled with a nearby Magnataur, and barely escaped with its life. The Doomwing escaped and managed to fly to a nearby cliff... the very cliff it killed Caurin on... the very cliff I waited on to return the favor.

I slowly snuck out and aimed my shot. Took a deep breath, and fired. The beast roar in pain and anger, turning to face me. It was much more monstrous in person, but it was large and clumsy and I small and agile.

It rained fire all around me, some of it scorching me, but I kept the battle.

Dodge, fired my gun, dodged again, another round.

Finally, the Doomwing collapsed to the ground, barely breathing. I watched it as the fire in its eyes slowly died out.

I walked up to its lifeless body. "I only need your fangs, wretch," I said as I knelt to rip them out. "Let the goren have the rest of your miserable hide."

Back at camp, they called me a hero. They cheered and roared my glory. They displayed the fangs for all to see. I didn't care though. I couldn't stop thinking about that ugly, smelly, runty rylak as I walked away from Beastwatch.

"I'm not the hero here..."

(little cheesy yeah yeah)

I have to admit, I kinda groaned when I saw the pet assigned to me. I don't like rylaks and this has to be my least favorite color. Yet as I fleshed out this silly little story, I connected with him! Moral of the story: Give the "ugly" beasts a try! They can really steal the show and a slot in your stable. And hey, slow fall is a really great utility to have! I think I'm going to keep this guy in game, if that don't beat all.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think this is the best report I've read yet! <3

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Quiv, that was an absolutely awesome story! I may have even shed a tear for Caurin. And honestly, doing these challenges has given me a lot of appreciation for "ugly" beasts. :lol: I ended up doing sporebats so many times that I went from hating them to loving them, including having one featured prominently in an RP. xD Monkeys and gorillas I still can't get over my dislike for, though.

[/center]
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Name: Steelfeather
Exotics: sure
Restrictions: No more wolves or cats.

Lets see if i can fit it with my role play.

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Nhee
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Nhee »

Hello. This thread is what caused me to create an account on this forum. It's such a cool idea, and I've been enjoying reading people's stories and reviews.
So I thought I would join the challenge on my new survival hunter. The idea is that I'll roll a pet every 10 levels, and then summarize what we've been up to at the end.

Name: Nhee
Level: 10
Exotics: No
Restrictions: None

I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but she is a pandaran, and is still in the starting zone, so pets that can only be found there can be included in the roll.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Just wanted to let you guys know that I see your rolls and greatly appreciate the renewed interest in these challenges. :D I won't be able to give you your rolls until tomorrow after school, my apologies.

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Quiv that was a brilliant read!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aweena(Steelfeather):
Brown Spotted Goat

Welcome Nhee; it's so cool you made an account for these. :)
Nhee:
White Crane

[/center]
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

There are so absolutely stunning screenshots here, thats for sure.

Also, thanks for the kind words about my entry! :D :D