My Hati is an undead now

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: My Hati is an undead now

Unread post by Jelani »

I logged in just now to do a couple more quests and my Black Hati switched back to normal Hati. I unequipped my weapon and reequipped it and he went back to black...hmm

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

BaneFalcon
Realm: Zul'Jin

Unread post by BaneFalcon »

Bribed the mage, got my little piggy Hati. Kept the look through random dungeon queue, spec switch, dismissed pet. Only need to test logout, now.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

They're onto ya.

Hati will now reset appearance to the default blue wolf form the first time summoned.

Developers’ Notes: Due to a bug, some hunters had Hati transform with the Essence Swapper into appearances that are unintended. A fix has been made for this to prevent future issues, but to get rid of any unintended appearances that players may already have, Hati’s appearance will be reverted to the default blue wolf when first summoned, and should retain any appearance changes thereafter. The Essence Swapper will continue to allow you to change Hati’s appearance to match that of your currently active hunter pet.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Well, I was doing the world quest tonight and decided to try the wisp form, got it onto my Hati no problem. Persisted through a dungeon, unequipping and re-equipping the weapon, changing zones, logging, etc.

I'm not holding my breath that it'll stay forever but, right now, I'm just pleased I could get something small and unobtrusive again. :) I miss the skeleton but this wisp is literally just a little glowing blue ball of electricity and it's perfect for me. I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Not only is murloc Hati still obtainable, it persists through zoning, log out, and unequipping/reequipping Titanstrike. The method for it hasn't changed at all (and I actually got ridic lucky with oracle spawns being close enough together to not leash so it didn't take a million years this time)

I've bug reported it, because it feels a little unclear whether they removed meta-Hati specifically, or if they just haven't stopped up all the holes they intend to plug; if it was just gigantic meta-Hati that was the problem we should be okay but if not, be prepared for potentially another round (or two or seven or however many they ultimately need) of Hati-wipes. At least we know they CAN do that now, though unfortunately it IS a blanket wipe for EVERYBODY, and not just people using undesirable appearances.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Pax0707
Realm: Aggramar EU

Unread post by Pax0707 »

Just tried it and it worked as intended.
MgrglBob's back.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm going to miss my saurok buddy. I just wish my Hati could decide which color he wanted to be. He bounces from light blue to dark blue to that near black and I can't figure out why. Zoning, dismissing, unequipping etc.
Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

Also confirming the Murloc is still working :D Fake Murky is back, woot!
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

If you know how, almost all skins are back up. My favorite Hati Hulking Troll is walking the plains again :-)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I hate to be the party pooper guys, but I'd advise caution at this point. They've made it clear that these appearances are unintended, so if people keep pushing it and doing it anyway, they may have to fix it in a way that's going to ruin things for everyone. I know it's probably fun, but let's not be too stubborn?

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rhyela wrote:I hate to be the party pooper guys, but I'd advise caution at this point. They've made it clear that these appearances are unintended, so if people keep pushing it and doing it anyway, they may have to fix it in a way that's going to ruin things for everyone. I know it's probably fun, but let's not be too stubborn?
If we keep flying too close to the sun, they may change Essence Swapper to be a passive effect:

Changes Hati to become a fairy named Navi. Navi says "Hey! Listen!" every 5 seconds. Even if your sound is turned off. Even if you don't have speakers. EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS.
BaneFalcon
Realm: Zul'Jin

Unread post by BaneFalcon »

Quiv wrote:
Rhyela wrote:I hate to be the party pooper guys, but I'd advise caution at this point. They've made it clear that these appearances are unintended, so if people keep pushing it and doing it anyway, they may have to fix it in a way that's going to ruin things for everyone. I know it's probably fun, but let's not be too stubborn?
If we keep flying too close to the sun, they may change Essence Swapper to be a passive effect:

Changes Hati to become a fairy named Navi. Navi says "Hey! Listen!" every 5 seconds. Even if your sound is turned off. Even if you don't have speakers. EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS.
That's only for people who keep turning Hati into a wisp.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Quiv wrote:I'm going to miss my saurok buddy. I just wish my Hati could decide which color he wanted to be. He bounces from light blue to dark blue to that near black and I can't figure out why. Zoning, dismissing, unequipping etc.
His appearances are tied to the artifact's appearance. Those are the three earliest to unlock.

But it's buggy. I couldn't get Kalli's Hati to display as black after the brief reset. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

^ This, they've let it be known they don't want this done, and if it keeps being pushed and used to break their rules they may remove the swapper entirely, and nobody wants that.

Tepin

Unread post by Tepin »

Effigy wrote:
^ This, they've let it be known they don't want this done, and if it keeps being pushed and used to break their rules they may remove the swapper entirely, and nobody wants that.
I said this earlier and I think it was overlooked. I miss my lil' murloc buddy, but they don't want us doing this. Period. I really suggest we not do this, even if "it's just for a short time before they take it away".
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I disagree. There's no way they will outright remove the essence swapper, as that will result in outrage.

I would recommend enjoying this bug/"feature" for as long as it lasts, as it will inevitably be removed.

What are they going to do, slap you on the wrist for turning Hati into a murloc for a few days before a hotfix?
Yevelynne
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Yevelynne »

I used the Zarakh spider on my Hati, and now he shrinks when I use Mend Pet. Anyone else seen this with other skins?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Honestly instead of Hati I wish the artifact let you pull out a 2nd pet from your stables. Hati isn't anything to me (and essence swapping him doesn't change the fact that he's still named Hati).

For now I'm torn over whether I want to keep Hati as a tallstrider or if I want to try for a trick skin again (Hati as-is is a huge NO, I can't stand the howling and don't like the model). They obviously didn't fix the bug at all so I don't see a reason players shouldn't enjoy it while it lasts.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

peanutbuttercup wrote:Honestly instead of Hati I wish the artifact let you pull out a 2nd pet from your stables. Hati isn't anything to me (and essence swapping him doesn't change the fact that he's still named Hati).

For now I'm torn over whether I want to keep Hati as a tallstrider or if I want to try for a trick skin again (Hati as-is is a huge NO, I can't stand the howling and don't like the model). They obviously didn't fix the bug at all so I don't see a reason players shouldn't enjoy it while it lasts.
I keep pet names turned off so this helps for me, not being able to see the name Hati all the time, but I'm definitely with you here all the same. :/ I have no attachment to the wolf so I went and got my little skeleton dude back and it already feels better. Maybe because it's not a beast or a pet I have an easier time with it at my side, though the wisp had the same effect. Altogether I haven't been very enthused about the idea of Hati from the beginning, but since I'm going to be stuck with it for the entirety of this expansion (I actually do really like BM still, everything ended up clicking for me again once I got used to it) I might as well try to make it enjoyable or at least bearable.

My only qualm now is that the first time I got the skeleton it was teeny and adorable, and now it's just a regular size again. :< I think the sizing of Hati really is random, or so it seems. I used the same pet both times.
Whiskeyjack

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I have bad news for you guys..
Hati will now reset appearance to the default blue wolf form the first time summoned.
Developers’ Notes: Due to a bug, some hunters had Hati transform with the Essence Swapper into appearances that are unintended. A fix has been made for this to prevent future issues, but to get rid of any unintended appearances that players may already have, Hati’s appearance will be reverted to the default blue wolf when first summoned, and should retain any appearance changes thereafter. The Essence Swapper will continue to allow you to change Hati’s appearance to match that of your currently active hunter pet.
sauce: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20252902?page=1#1