Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The image on the far right. It looks like there is a weird indent there. It could just be the perspective, though.
Attachments
MineSpider2015.jpg
MineSpider2015.jpg (212.07 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I see now. I don't know, honestly. It's not in the mesh, so it's a texture only thing. Maybe they'd add spinnerets, but I'm doubting it, honestly.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Vephriel wrote:Get your feedback into Muffinus for what animals you want to tame! :)
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/957052176433528832
nice. Wild Manarunner and the other colors would be nice. Made an account and left feedback. ty for the link.
Last edited by Chya on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:Get your feedback into Muffinus for what animals you want to tame! :)
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/957052176433528832
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Make sure to say silly stuff too, because he'll respond to silly stuff!

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote:Make sure to say silly stuff too, because he'll respond to silly stuff!
UHH..

Chickens! Baby animals! A shark on land! :lol:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote:
WerebearGuy wrote:Make sure to say silly stuff too, because he'll respond to silly stuff!
UHH..

:lol:
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
UHH..

:lol:
Wait..

CHICKENS! (Tameable Kunchong and Pterodactyls) BABY ANIMALS! (All updated Silithid battle tank models tameable) A SHARK ON LAND!!

This might actually work.

Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Sonam »

Requested tameable pugs and corgis (added to the dog fam)... <3

Also for the Jandvik Ripfang skin to be on another tame, since they don't seem to be interested in making it tameable post-quest in Legion.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wow! I've been watching the new models in hopes for updates for my old favorites, and I haven't been disappointed! AMAZING new models all across the board.

...really, really disappointed in the colors. x.x I'm super hoping we see some changes to hyenas and vultures, especially. Now, for the most part, I love the vultures, but-

Image Image

are these... the same bird? Where did the brilliant eyes go, or the glowing white, or those great black wings? The hyenas are a much more glaring example- every color of the old ones had lots of gradients and subtle hints of color. The new ones... all have the same base, with dark spots? I'm really not feeling it. :x Look at all the color we lost here:

Image Image

The red is nice and vibrant, that's certain, but where'd those almost purple legs go, or the striking yellow spots? Where's the orange? Every single new hyena color is like this, which really concerns me if they're doing a full replacement. I'm sure they'll add in a few rares with the old model, but- I hope instead, the new ones just get a bit of a facelift. They clearly CAN do brilliant markings, the lizards are full of them, so I'd love to see those on our hyenas, too!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, there's a lot of subtle detailing which has been lost in some models, and that's surprising considering how much higher of a texture they have to work with now. Even the low polygon stuff managed to get a lot of gradient and suggestion of pattern, and the new ones feel very....bland in comparison. I noticed a lot of the updates seem to be lacking the multi-tone colours of some of the originals. Why are the new Blizz artists afraid of contrast and gradient? :<
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is still very early in the Alpha. If we want things changed, then lets give feedback.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I'm really not proud of this one at all. The feathers look horrible, but -- uh, how about this:

MMO-C background is a pain in the ass to work with..
Last edited by Qraljar on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Veph- Exactly! Something I've noticed a lot, ever since Warlords. It really seems like Blizzard's new style is moving away from gradients, and that's something I really miss- while a lot of their creatures look wonderful with big chunky markings (those lizards!!!!!), the lack of gradients gets really glaring with some others. I know we saw it with the new cats, and I'm really seeing it big time with these hyenas. :/ (I'm also really really sad we lost the muddy look their legs used to have, but that's something I'm willing to see gone if we get the feeling of the old markings back)

Qraljar- That looks amazing!! See, that'd be a replacement I'd be happy with.

I dunno, I'm just hoping these are mostly placeholders. :,D The white wind serpent also suffers terribly, which is a great sadness when the other colors look magnificent.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Personally, I like the new color changes. Sure, they lost a bit of the old charm, but the new models and models that don't look like super low quality JPG files more than make up for it. Don't have them change the colors; make new palettes that look right!

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I do wonder what the best avenue is for giving feedback on the model artwork. Threads on the official forums always feel like they'll be derailed by people who don't really understand our small attentions to detail. Maybe once everything's been datamined we can make a more organized feedback thread and hopefully get it passed to the right people.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Veph- Exactly! Something I've noticed a lot, ever since Warlords. It really seems like Blizzard's new style is moving away from gradients, and that's something I really miss- while a lot of their creatures look wonderful with big chunky markings (those lizards!!!!!), the lack of gradients gets really glaring with some others. I know we saw it with the new cats, and I'm really seeing it big time with these hyenas. :/ (I'm also really really sad we lost the muddy look their legs used to have, but that's something I'm willing to see gone if we get the feeling of the old markings back)

Qraljar- That looks amazing!! See, that'd be a replacement I'd be happy with.

I dunno, I'm just hoping these are mostly placeholders. :,D The white wind serpent also suffers terribly, which is a great sadness when the other colors look magnificent.
I edited a little more, because the lower jaw part of the beak was also supposed to be black.

I'm not even gonna try edit the hyenas. That looks like hell. :P

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vephriel wrote:I do wonder what the best avenue is for giving feedback on the model artwork. Threads on the official forums always feel like they'll be derailed by people who don't really understand our small attentions to detail. Maybe once everything's been datamined we can make a more organized feedback thread and hopefully get it passed to the right people.
Agreed. We might have to wait till the Alpha actually starts up, along with the forums. But if enough attention is drawn to it, hopefully we can get some changes made. If not, I personally won't be terribly bothered by it. The models in and of themselves are amazing.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It looks like there is a updated blind tarantula model, but it may not be entirely complete yet.
Attachments
Tarantula2017.jpg
Tarantula2017.jpg (168.44 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Tily
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Tily »

BEES! BEES! BEES! BEES! BEES! BEEEEEEEEEEEES!

LOOK AT HER FLUFFY LITTLE BOTTOM!!!
Last edited by Tily on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.