LF Advice Thread
- Ana
- Community Resource

- Posts: 19614
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
- Realm: Rivervale US EQL/Azol-Nerub EU WOW
- Gender: Female
- Location: Copenhagen- Denmark
Re: LF Advice Thread
A lvl 25 non stoned dragon is between 200-250k depending on the market
you earn more faster by lvl them to lvl 7-10 and exalt them.
- Ana
- Community Resource

- Posts: 19614
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
- Realm: Rivervale US EQL/Azol-Nerub EU WOW
- Gender: Female
- Location: Copenhagen- Denmark
Re: LF Advice Thread
- Flyra
- Expert Hunter

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 pm
- Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)
- Gender: Female
Re: LF Advice Thread
- Nick
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2873
- Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:19 am
- Gender: Male
- Location: ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
- Contact:
Re: LF Advice Thread
I have a dilemma -- I don't know if I like this boy fully dressed or scarcely dressed to show his accent off 

^ his current, full outfit

^ the two possible mantles that i'd put on him

^ his current, full outfit

^ the two possible mantles that i'd put on him

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||
- Ana
- Community Resource

- Posts: 19614
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
- Realm: Rivervale US EQL/Azol-Nerub EU WOW
- Gender: Female
- Location: Copenhagen- Denmark
Re: LF Advice Thread
I agreeSyleye wrote:He's stunning as is currently
- Kirrandria
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 933
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
- Gender: Female
Re: LF Advice Thread
Looking for creative advice... what in the world should I name my clan!? By now, I know what my clan is meant to be - A museum/gallery located overlooking Windstar Bay, atop one of the large pillars of Reedcleft Ascent - and the roles a lot of the dragons in it, being a lot of curators, catalogers, librarians, treasure hunters, tomb raiders, museum guards, and the like.
I keep wanting to name in the Something Gallery, but I'm not sure what the *something* should be. I also don't know any other words to refer to it by than museum or gallery, so that's up in the air too - maybe there's something better out there? So I was wondering if anybody had any ideas they wanted to toss in (and also, how did you go about naming your clans if you have? X-x).
I'm not really looking for a compound word like Reedcleft or Windstar, I'll leave that to map place naming in FR, but a simpler name would be alright. Ahhh, some inspiration for my clan
>Close ties to Arcane
>Also has a nice botanical garden!
>Overlooks the bay
>Formerly the site of a guardians charge, before the museum was built
>Has both eastern and ancient greek/roman influences. The leader is a Windie, but she's also a Pearlcatcher (and I imagine Light to be like... ancient rome kinda?)
I keep wanting to name in the Something Gallery, but I'm not sure what the *something* should be. I also don't know any other words to refer to it by than museum or gallery, so that's up in the air too - maybe there's something better out there? So I was wondering if anybody had any ideas they wanted to toss in (and also, how did you go about naming your clans if you have? X-x).
I'm not really looking for a compound word like Reedcleft or Windstar, I'll leave that to map place naming in FR, but a simpler name would be alright. Ahhh, some inspiration for my clan
>Close ties to Arcane
>Also has a nice botanical garden!
>Overlooks the bay
>Formerly the site of a guardians charge, before the museum was built
>Has both eastern and ancient greek/roman influences. The leader is a Windie, but she's also a Pearlcatcher (and I imagine Light to be like... ancient rome kinda?)
- Ana
- Community Resource

- Posts: 19614
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
- Realm: Rivervale US EQL/Azol-Nerub EU WOW
- Gender: Female
- Location: Copenhagen- Denmark
Re: LF Advice Thread
Hmm that's a good question. .
I googled synonyms for arcane and found a word i like the sound of esoteric
Soo what about The Esoteric Hanging Gardens?
My clan name is The Plagued Rose
I took that name after having A Match Made In Heaven. My taste changed andi really love my clan name now 
I googled synonyms for arcane and found a word i like the sound of esoteric
Soo what about The Esoteric Hanging Gardens?
My clan name is The Plagued Rose
- Teigan
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 5164
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
- Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere in a cornfield
Re: LF Advice Thread
So just to be clear, you want "Gallery" in there?
And as far as words that could work instead of gallery, I like athenaeum or cloister. Ok, cloister isn't precisely a museum but means quiet, secluded place and I just like it. I like anthenaeum for this too, since it's Greek
And as far as words that could work instead of gallery, I like athenaeum or cloister. Ok, cloister isn't precisely a museum but means quiet, secluded place and I just like it. I like anthenaeum for this too, since it's Greek
- Kirrandria
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 933
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
- Gender: Female
Re: LF Advice Thread
Thank you so much guys, I ended up with the name The Anemos Athenaeum and an interesting idea for a secondary clan once lair tabs come out!
I have a bit of an FR etiquette question, as this'll be something I've never encountered before. I've finally managed to breed a newer version of an old dragon of mine with the colors I want, and I'm considering selling off the old dragon. He's (unfortunately high numbered) seven digit, level 25, fully stoned and statted, no unnamed children, and has art. I think I want the art to be part of his selling point, but I'm not sure if it's usual for people to 'resell' art like this, or even an accepted thing. Second, whether the art traveled with him or not, would it be wrong of me to still use a thumbnail of the art (like one of those picture frames people use for dragons that have dozens of pictures) to link back to him/the artists shops even though I don't have that dragon anymore?
I have a bit of an FR etiquette question, as this'll be something I've never encountered before. I've finally managed to breed a newer version of an old dragon of mine with the colors I want, and I'm considering selling off the old dragon. He's (unfortunately high numbered) seven digit, level 25, fully stoned and statted, no unnamed children, and has art. I think I want the art to be part of his selling point, but I'm not sure if it's usual for people to 'resell' art like this, or even an accepted thing. Second, whether the art traveled with him or not, would it be wrong of me to still use a thumbnail of the art (like one of those picture frames people use for dragons that have dozens of pictures) to link back to him/the artists shops even though I don't have that dragon anymore?
- Syleye
- Community Resource

- Posts: 6620
- Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm
- Realm: Shadowsong
- Gender: female plays female and male
Re: LF Advice Thread
I see selling dragons with existing art all the time so probably not a problem. As for the second part of your question I really am not sure
- Ashaine
- Community Resource

- Posts: 1956
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm
- Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)
- Gender: Female
- Location: IL
- Contact:
Re: LF Advice Thread
LF advice on apparel for this girl? Any suggestions? All are welcome! I'd like to keep the candle, but I'm not sure what else to add. Preferably color matching items if possible. ♥



Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."
Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!
- Kirrandria
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 933
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
- Gender: Female
Re: LF Advice Thread

She has expensive tastes xD To me, she looks a bit like a paladin or battlemage.
I think the newest heraldic scale armor looks great on her, but it's the gem MP one. Roseate scale isn't half bad either, but not pictured.
The candles are nice, so I tried to incorporate more of the flame set, but I found gossamer worked a little bit nicer for the ribbons/tail jewel. Still, solar flame isn't a bad choice!
Sapphire mage gloves and socks and the glowing blue clawtips matched the heraldic scale surprisingly well. I suppose if roseate scale was went with, the peony mage's would do the trick (and red or gold clawtips?)
She's wearing soft pink silks, but sky blue might also look just as good.
The cobwebs are enchanter's layered over sorcerer's.
It's a bit hidden, but the prismatic scale recolor of the 2013 Earth apparel looks really nice on her too. I tried to layer it over the scale armor, because otherwise the wingplates hid those pretty spikes, and I kind of like the idea of the scale gorget and prismatic scale being one combined piece, where some of the scales of the armor are actually these massive gem spikes.
- Kirrandria
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 933
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
- Gender: Female
Re: LF Advice Thread

So I finally hatched one of my project boys and already threw smirch on him, but I'm not sure what I want his secondary gene to be. he's supposed to be living in a rather unhealthy state thanks to a nasty fungal disease, 'cause yanno, Plague dragon. The longer he goes like this, the more muted and dull his colors get as this fungus grows on him. I was thinking either freckle or rosette, but I'm open to other ideas.


Edit: Also, I've been throwing a few scattervials at my lore dragons to try and get them different colored eyes. Does he look alright with common, or does anyone think uncommon/unusual/rare would look any better on him? Or maybe glowing eyes?
- Ana
- Community Resource

- Posts: 19614
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
- Realm: Rivervale US EQL/Azol-Nerub EU WOW
- Gender: Female
- Location: Copenhagen- Denmark
Re: LF Advice Thread
I love the Toxin look. Also like paint for him. Primal, rare,multi-gaze and rare all look good on him


- Kirrandria
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 933
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
- Gender: Female
Re: LF Advice Thread
Thanks for the ideas guys! The original Thothmere had white wings, so I agree that Toxin/Paint have a certain appeal. I played around more with scries and I found Saturn as well, which made it look a bit like white wings underneath but with string of this mossy fungus growing all over it which is super cool.

I might debate over this guy for a while

I might debate over this guy for a while
- Kirrandria
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 933
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
- Gender: Female
Re: LF Advice Thread
Bbbback again with the previous guy, this time asking for outfit advice.
What he's currently wearing.
The original outfit idea.
I'm not sure which works better, or if there's a third option I'm missing? He's also got four empty slots in his apparel list and I'm apparel crazy, so Iunno what I could add?
What he's currently wearing.
The original outfit idea.I'm not sure which works better, or if there's a third option I'm missing? He's also got four empty slots in his apparel list and I'm apparel crazy, so Iunno what I could add?










