Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Wain »

Bulletdance wrote:I ran around with my puzzle box of yogg standing in blood pools and listening to it by altars where the trolls are, but didn't get anything new. I also tried the pet that whispers. I may be overthinking this now lol
I don't think it's possible to overthink this at the moment. What you're doing is precisely the kind of thinking we need :) Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1075631154005299205

Maybe if we all said we sided with Spud he might get the hint.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I cant side with Spud. I'm horde :l
I don't think spamming the Devs on every post they make will get us any kindness. That'll just result in us being ignored.

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Bowno wrote:I cant side with Spud. I'm horde :l
I don't think spamming the Devs on every post they make will get us any kindness. That'll just result in us being ignored.
This. Blizz has come out in the past when that has happened and made it clear that they do not appreciate it and it will not cause them to give whatever the player's are asking for.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Valnaaros wrote:
Bowno wrote:I cant side with Spud. I'm horde :l
This. Blizz has come out in the past when that has happened and made it clear that they do not appreciate it and it will not cause them to give whatever the player's are asking for.
Oh ok thank you for letting me know i shall not pester anyone then.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I almost wanna ask if anyone's checked on that weird, golden orb that's located in a fatigue zone recently, but I doubt blizz would be that cruel. You apparently can't even reach it unless your a druid and spamming self heals and travel form.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The occasional mention won't hurt. They're probably happy that people are showing passion and excitement :) But if it started to become every other thread I can imagine it would become annoying for them.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Speaking of Old God stuff, has anyone tried running around with the Gem of Acquiescence buff?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

GormanGhaste wrote:Speaking of Old God stuff, has anyone tried running around with the Gem of Acquiescence buff?
That was tried by a couple of people a few days ago.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Anyone been running around with Dart out while doing any of this stuff? Just curious.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

People have tried various pets, including Dart. However, Dart is a pet that only the Horde can obtain. I am doubtful that Blizz would lock the tome behind a battle pet that can only be obtained by Horde.

Anything that can only be obtained by one faction is, most likely, not the solution.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Aha, oof. Didn't realize there wasn't an equivalent way to obtain him on Alliance side. Muh bad. I'm personally running around using this as an excuse to actually level my archeology even if it might not be the answer either. Ehehe.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No worries :)

I know that Archaeology has been tried by a few people. Some have tried it in Nazmir and the blood pools there. Some have tried it in other regions of Azeroth where Zul might have visited.
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nanluin »

This notion may be completely off base, but I am reminded of the old vanilla quest "Dark Iron Legacy" that you could obtain from Franclorn Forgewright, at Forgewright's Tomb in Blackrock Mountain, while you were in ghost/wisp form (dead) ONLY. If you went by this tomb while alive, the ghostly quest giver was not visible to you. This was part of the old quest series to obtain the ShadowForge Key (for unlocking the later sections of the Blackrock Depths dungeon).

Is it possible that the the "whisper" that Zul listens to, that "begins to make sense" is --> YOU (in ghost form)? Or some similar variant, where you are privy to the conversation?

I would think that the object or person that you interact with (in ghost form) would be in a place that is frequently passed by players shortly after death (such as near a dungeon). For example, Forgewright's Tomb was on the path between the graveyard and the Blackrock Depths dungeon entrance.

Just a notion,

-- Nanluin
WorgenHunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by WorgenHunter »

Hmm....anyone try ghost forming around Drakki areas maybe? Zul probably did get the tome from there, and if I recall, you had a quest where you had to die and explore around. I'm not sure though.
Either way it was one of the first areas that the blood magic was being studied I think.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

"THE WHISPERS" is an anagram of "SHREWISH PET" :P OK, that's no help, just an observation :P

I have been looking at anagrams, but haven't found any leads. ("her west ship"? heh)
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Wain wrote:"THE WHISPERS" is an anagram of "SHREWISH PET" :P OK, that's no help, just an observation :P

I have been looking at anagrams, but haven't found any leads. ("her west ship"? heh)
Oh. My. God. Ok, so we have to head to Argus and tame a marsuul a shrewish pet. Shrews only live in tropical and temperate land masses, you know, like a swamp! A swamp like Nazmir! We take the marsuul to Nazmir, where the blood beasts reside. What's in the west? Blood Priest Xak'lar! And what is Blood Priest Xak'lar doing? Performing a blood ritual! On what? On the corpse, the vessel of a dead beast! .A ship is a vessel!

Ok, ok, we need to follow this line of clues. I predict we will have crawgs and ticks by morning!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Shoonasasi wrote:
Wain wrote:"THE WHISPERS" is an anagram of "SHREWISH PET" :P OK, that's no help, just an observation :P

Oh. My. God. Ok, so we have to head to Argus and tame a marsuul a shrewish pet. Shrews only live in tropical and temperate land masses, you know, like a swamp! A swamp like Nazmir! We take the marsuul to Nazmir, where the blood beasts reside. What's in the west? Blood Priest Xak'lar! And what is Blood Priest Xak'lar doing? Performing a blood ritual! On what? On the corpse, the vessel of a dead beast! .A ship is a vessel!

Ok, ok, we need to follow this line of clues. I predict we will have crawgs and ticks by morning!
Lmfao.
Im almost scared that this is actually the solution.

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shoonasasi wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant!
Beastmode
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Beastmode »

It seems like Blizzard periodically tries to keep random skills relevant.

Has anybody tried pickpocketing Zul (in raid), or the various blood trolls, for the tome?