Prairie Wolf no longer barking in Classic?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rookwood
Realm: Deviate Delight

Prairie Wolf no longer barking in Classic?

Unread post by Rookwood »

Hi guys,

Just got my orc to level 10 and immediately ran to Mulgore. Tamed a level 6 Prairie Wolf and no matter what I do I can't get him to bark. Anyone else having better luck? Did this not get carried over into Classic?
finnscar3
Realm: Shazzrah

Re: Prairie Wolf no longer barking in Classic?

Unread post by finnscar3 »

I've just travelled here as a Night elf and found this out too, think the guide on here needs correcting :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh no, that’s vey strange, given that it still does it on live :( Sorry, I'll update the guide.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I thought it had this ability in Classic but maybe it was added after. I haven't yet found a reference to when it began.

Would someone with a Horde hunter on Classic please be able to check if Spot is also non-barking? He's level 35 and can only be tamed by Horde: https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/loo ... skincoyote
finnscar3
Realm: Shazzrah

Unread post by finnscar3 »

It's horde that can tame him :p I feel like the bark came with Kyle the frenzied, which came in 2.3 I think! so maybe if I just hold onto the wolf he will bark in phase 2 or 3 idk
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

finnscar3 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:19 am It's horde that can tame him :p I feel like the bark came with Kyle the frenzied, which came in 2.3 I think! so maybe if I just hold onto the wolf he will bark in phase 2 or 3 idk
Oops, you're right! I'll amend my comment.

I think you may also be right about barking coming in with Kyle. For now I'm going to remove all mention of barking from Spot.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If the barking wasn't added until 2.3, then it won't at all be added at any point during Classic, unfortunately, since 2.3 was a TBC patch that introduced Zul'Aman.
Rookwood
Realm: Deviate Delight

Unread post by Rookwood »

I will tame Spot when I get to 35 and update you guys.