Rant Thread

Message
Author
User avatar
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 5256
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm
Realm: Shadowsong
Gender: female plays female and male

Re: Rant Thread

#10101 Unread post by Syleye » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Varethyn wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:56 pm
Brain. Can I please look at fanart and birthday art between people I know without getting upset, feeling like no one gives a shit about me, wishing I was worthy of getting the same or spiralling through scenarios wherein everyone goddamn hates or straight up ignores me? Getting real sick of imagining my friends being their own group with me just being there and treated like I'm in the way. Thanks.
:hug: happy Birthday!!

Image


Varethyn
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4605
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 am
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU
Gender: Any

Re: Rant Thread

#10102 Unread post by Varethyn » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:07 am

Hah no, it wasn't my birthday. That's already been and gone for this year.

I just have this really annoying thing where whenever someone I know/am friends with (though the meaning of the word "friend" has been slipping a lot for me) gives or gets art of some sort I instantly feel worthless. "I wish people did that for me too." "It hurts cos I know people won't do this for me." I can't appreciate the art itself because my mind instantly devolves into an envious, lonely mess.

User avatar
Täräin13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 am
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Re: Rant Thread

#10103 Unread post by Täräin13 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 am

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:22 pm
Tarain, I understand and sympathize so much. <3 The college/university system is absolutely broken for anyone who has legitimate health issues - it seems like the more actual proof and reasons you have to back up the need for extra help, the more the system wants to resist giving it to you. My gf had to leave her college entirely to start attending an online one because the system is so bad. In the meanwhile I'm able bodied and without mental illness to speak of, so of course I can get away with murder and probably get an A on it anyway. I usually need to go in with her to argue on her behalf to get anything done.

edit: my rant, I HATE BEING IN THIS CITY ok im cool its chill
Well I can imagine it must be even harder, assuming you live in the US, in the States since you don't have the same social systems as we do in my country so you and your gf have my sympaties as well. And you're totally right in that the more proof you have on something which backs up your story, the more you have to fight for it for some odd reason. =/ In my case it was the school, can you say schoolboard dunno what's it's equal too correctly tbh, and not my teachers and such because they have been very understanding. But yeah karma won a battle yesterday and I got a better and a very good grade for my bachelor project than the person I mentioned. And I also got very high praise from my professors, especially the one who rarely praises anyone and even examinator so I'm a very happy now conservator restorer technichian as of yesterday! =) So yeah I'm happily looking forward to my master the next 2 years!=)

User avatar
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4441
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
Location: VA

Re: Rant Thread

#10104 Unread post by Dewclaw » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:30 am

I've been so stressed for so long now that my blood pressure has spiked to dangerous levels. I made a doctors appointment, but of course they can't see me for two weeks. Meanwhile I am worried my heart is in trouble.

User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Rant Thread

#10105 Unread post by Castile » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:34 am

Not sure if this is a rant but anyway - our trouble community member decided to block me on facebook. Why might you ask? Because I entered a competition on the same group she's in. That's it. And it must be it as I've had 0 social media interaction with her besides residing in the same groups as her. I don't like or comment on her stuff. I don't engage her in any way since before she left our local group page so that's it. I don't even post that often - this is like my 6th post EVER in this group to her like 50...It's very petty to say the least. Its like "NO I'm the ONLY girl allowed to post and do things in this group!" like really? I did a post (without saying her name or any details) on my personal facebook and it was funny how ppl she's also FB friends with guessed when I described the person (a lot of them regretting accepting her request or immediately restricting her). I kinda wonder if she realises just how much she's managed to piss off this entire community - even people who are yet to meet her IRL.

Oh well. So yeah I'm not really pissed off or upset I just found it a weird thing to do. I guess it DOES annoy me as I put up with her boring ass models and said nothing but she won't acknowledge I exist in the group now? Yeah it's weird. :?

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11917
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Rant Thread

#10106 Unread post by cowmuflage » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:57 am

2 years ago we had 0 cases of measles in New Zealand.

We currently have 759 cases in Auckland today.

People say anti-vaxxers are harmless. That's bull.

User avatar
LupisDarkmoon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 10924
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm
Gender: Doubtful

Re: Rant Thread

#10107 Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 pm

Oh my god, that's a huge amount of measles cases, I'm so sorry Cow. I absolutely cannot stand anti-vaxxing. It's so incredibly selfish and hurts the people who truly can't be vaccinated without their permission.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Image


User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11917
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Rant Thread

#10108 Unread post by cowmuflage » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Yeah and that's just Auckland it's 905 measles cases for all of NZ. As someone who lives in Auckland it's very scary. Like at the school my mum works at they are sending all non vaccinated kids home because it's not worth the risk.

I'm very glad my niece is 9 months old and is old enough for the measles vaccination. Normally they do it at 12 months but they've moved it down to 6 months because of this.

User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Rant Thread

#10109 Unread post by Castile » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:57 am

Continuation of this saga...so she blocked me. Ok whatever. Then once she'd blocked she starts LIKING all my husbands posts on that group. like WTF. No. Stop. You do not do that! I was so PISSED. Like what do you even think you're doing!! Everyone thought it was a deliberate thing to provoke me and it worked. I was angry I was tempted to message her and just tell her straight up to fucking watch her back cause next time I see her in person she is a fucking dead woman. Like seriously!! You do not go after/use my husband to do this. Girl is 100% whack. argh!!

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11733
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Rant Thread

#10110 Unread post by Wain » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:41 am

Castile wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:57 am
Continuation of this saga...so she blocked me. Ok whatever. Then once she'd blocked she starts LIKING all my husbands posts on that group. like WTF. No. Stop. You do not do that! I was so PISSED. Like what do you even think you're doing!! Everyone thought it was a deliberate thing to provoke me and it worked. I was angry I was tempted to message her and just tell her straight up to fucking watch her back cause next time I see her in person she is a fucking dead woman. Like seriously!! You do not go after/use my husband to do this. Girl is 100% whack. argh!!
She sounds highly manipulative. Can you get your husband to block her and see how she reacts? :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11733
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Rant Thread

#10111 Unread post by Wain » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:44 am

cowmuflage wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 pm
Yeah and that's just Auckland it's 905 measles cases for all of NZ. As someone who lives in Auckland it's very scary. Like at the school my mum works at they are sending all non vaccinated kids home because it's not worth the risk.

I'm very glad my niece is 9 months old and is old enough for the measles vaccination. Normally they do it at 12 months but they've moved it down to 6 months because of this.
Anti-vax is a pseudo-religion, and a really dangerous one :( People can believe all kinds of strange and destructive things, as long as they have some belief system that makes them feel special. It wouldn't be so bad if they only hurt themselves. Sadly most of them were probably vaccinated as kids and are now only harming newer generations.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Rant Thread

#10112 Unread post by Castile » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:46 am

Wain wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:41 am
Castile wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:57 am
Continuation of this saga...so she blocked me. Ok whatever. Then once she'd blocked she starts LIKING all my husbands posts on that group. like WTF. No. Stop. You do not do that! I was so PISSED. Like what do you even think you're doing!! Everyone thought it was a deliberate thing to provoke me and it worked. I was angry I was tempted to message her and just tell her straight up to fucking watch her back cause next time I see her in person she is a fucking dead woman. Like seriously!! You do not go after/use my husband to do this. Girl is 100% whack. argh!!
She sounds highly manipulative. Can you get your husband to block her and see how she reacts? :D
Yeah he blocked her after she did it. He's away at work too so there was a bit of a delay. I honestly don't know what she hopes to gain out of this besides alienating herself further from the community and making a mortal enemy of me when I have done 0 to her (besides be better at our hobby and obviously better liked in our community).

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
Bulletdance
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2099
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm
Realm: Vek'nilash
Location: PA

Re: Rant Thread

#10113 Unread post by Bulletdance » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am

Still recovering from a traumatic brain injury. I have to go to neck and brain therapy twice a week now :(
At least I can use the internet for a little bit again, but I have to be so careful now. I can't even bump my head or fall or I'm in serious trouble. The damage I already have has a chance of being permanent, but the therapist thinks there's a better chance we can fix it at least so there's that. Just sucks how much harder life is right now.

User avatar
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4441
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
Location: VA

Re: Rant Thread

#10114 Unread post by Dewclaw » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am

Bullet if you have any questions about TBI, I might be able to help answer them. My husband has suffered several.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11733
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Rant Thread

#10115 Unread post by Wain » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:11 am

Bulletdance wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am
Still recovering from a traumatic brain injury. I have to go to neck and brain therapy twice a week now :(
At least I can use the internet for a little bit again, but I have to be so careful now. I can't even bump my head or fall or I'm in serious trouble. The damage I already have has a chance of being permanent, but the therapist thinks there's a better chance we can fix it at least so there's that. Just sucks how much harder life is right now.
Oh my god :( I hope your therapist is right and you can fix it. Take care :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Bulletdance
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2099
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm
Realm: Vek'nilash
Location: PA

Re: Rant Thread

#10116 Unread post by Bulletdance » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 am

Wain wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:11 am
Bulletdance wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am
Still recovering from a traumatic brain injury. I have to go to neck and brain therapy twice a week now :(
At least I can use the internet for a little bit again, but I have to be so careful now. I can't even bump my head or fall or I'm in serious trouble. The damage I already have has a chance of being permanent, but the therapist thinks there's a better chance we can fix it at least so there's that. Just sucks how much harder life is right now.
Oh my god :( I hope your therapist is right and you can fix it. Take care :)
Dewclaw wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am
Bullet if you have any questions about TBI, I might be able to help answer them. My husband has suffered several.
Thanks guys :hug: For now my main concern is just not bumping my head again. It happened just after moving in to a new place. It wasn't too bad at first, but while I was recovering I had two more injuries. It's an old victorian home so all the steps are steep and there are boxes everywhere. Trying to be aware of everything while tired sucks, but I feel like I'm getting a little better every day now.

User avatar
LupisDarkmoon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 10924
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm
Gender: Doubtful

Re: Rant Thread

#10117 Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 am

pbtbtbt.. had to go to bed a little early last night bc I work opening shift, so I was in bed before the gf. She came in an hour later and started chatting about d&d stuff- this is totally normal, we talk about stuff in bed all the time. But I had just been woken up from sleep and was SUPER tired, so I wasn't able to stay awake long. I wake up to her really upset with me and asking me to not respond if I'm not paying attention- apparently I had nodded along to what she was saying without any conscious awareness or memory. Then she was upset about how we won't get to spend much time together today because I'll be at work all day, and how much she hates waking up alone. there's literally nothing i can do about anything brought up- i can't sacrifice my already-too-little sleep to spend time with her at night and unfortunately i can't exactly quit my job, but i guess i can feel really awful about sleeping too much or not doing enough. sure love having time to get breakfast going and crying through the morning so i go to work hungry instead

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Image


User avatar
Castile
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Rant Thread

#10118 Unread post by Castile » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Was just lambasted by a group of modelers for daring to buy a recast. For those not in the GK hobby recasts are copies of original resin casts that either can't be bought anywhere anymore due to the licenses or are out of print. TBH I just wanted a little samurai figure to go with a model and it was $13 on Aliaexpress. I had no idea it was copy but recasts are pretty acceptable in the anime GK world - apparently not the sci fic one :( I felt pretty horrible being told "I'm killing the hobby" by buying my one little figure. And now I'm a little scared to speak in this discord. Guess I'll lie low for abit. :(

Image

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11733
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Rant Thread

#10119 Unread post by Wain » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Spammers are getting creepier. We’ve had a few cases latetly, all from Russia, where the poster clearly understands WoW, or maybe has been given a script to post that suggests they do, but then posts links to a Russian online store at the bottom of their posts.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Mĭrya Namárië
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 14740
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
Realm: Azol-Nerub handle: Tårnfalk #2397
Gender: Female
Location: Copenhagen- Denmark

Re: Rant Thread

#10120 Unread post by Mĭrya Namárië » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 am

Wain wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 pm
Spammers are getting creepier. We’ve had a few cases latetly, all from Russia, where the poster clearly understands WoW, or maybe has been given a script to post that suggests they do, but then posts links to a Russian online store at the bottom of their posts.
Yeah i noticed that too.... kinda spooky when they get so "good"

Image

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair


Post Reply