They seem more animalistic, but I think that they are still considered a sentient race.Qraljar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:03 pmI appreciate it, haha.
Though I know I'm not the only one who was after Kunchong. Definitely happy to see them, though. And Aqir Goliaths too. Those were my main ones. Though it's probably the buzz everyone is feeling that is the most enjoyable.
Oh, and of course there's the Cloud Serpents. Bugs are my bread and butter, but Cloud Serpents have always been cool.
How about the Nerubian Flyers and Swarmers? Those felt kind of like a borderline case.Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pmIt has to be a beast. The Spider people, Nerubians, are a sentient race, so they will never be tamable.Goblinoid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pm Now that undead are tameable... what exactly constitutes as undead?
Are there any creatures uniquely tameable as undead that aren't just variants of hounds/ Raptors/rex? Maybe the WotLK spider people?
Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
-
Valnaaros
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 5686
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
- Realm: Shadow Council
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
-
WerebearGuy
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 2411
- Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 pm
- Gender: Exploiter
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Damn. It is the first day of the taming pass, so I guess some stuff is broken that isn't the shell of the kunchong. Wonder what other broken bugs there are out there. I think Kri'vin does when it's a Mantid invasion in the Vale, but that's not until later this week.

Resident exploiter/bug finder that is currently looking for a bug that can safely be shared to tame unintended pets.
Current bans on record for reporting exploits: 2
-
Valnaaros
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 5686
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
- Realm: Shadow Council
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Wickerbeasts remain untamable.
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Hmh, I suppose so. They do feel like they're mostly animalistic. That said, I checked them on WoWhead and no changes there.Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:05 pmThey seem more animalistic, but I think that they are still considered a sentient race.Qraljar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:03 pmI appreciate it, haha.Thwip wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:55 pm
You were also the first person I thought of as well and I'm stoked for you. Ahha.
Nothing had me extreme hype for this xpac until today. Holy crap.
Though I know I'm not the only one who was after Kunchong. Definitely happy to see them, though. And Aqir Goliaths too. Those were my main ones. Though it's probably the buzz everyone is feeling that is the most enjoyable.
Oh, and of course there's the Cloud Serpents. Bugs are my bread and butter, but Cloud Serpents have always been cool.
How about the Nerubian Flyers and Swarmers? Those felt kind of like a borderline case.Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pm
It has to be a beast. The Spider people, Nerubians, are a sentient race, so they will never be tamable.

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
-
WerebearGuy
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 2411
- Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 pm
- Gender: Exploiter
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Wow that's a big sow, holy cow.

Resident exploiter/bug finder that is currently looking for a bug that can safely be shared to tame unintended pets.
Current bans on record for reporting exploits: 2
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
I do think it's worth it for somebody to check out the Nighthold Scorpids.
If that's currently possible, of course.
If that's currently possible, of course.

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
-
Valnaaros
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 5686
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
- Realm: Shadow Council
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Betsy does not retain the corruption effect or the ribbons.
- braunmar
- Apprentice Hunter

- Posts: 87
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 pm
- Realm: Grizzly Hills
- Gender: male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
The Sra'thik Kunchong are tamable
-
Valnaaros
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 5686
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
- Realm: Shadow Council
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
I did. They are listed as tamable when you beast lore them, but when you try to tame them it says that they cannot be.Qraljar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 pm I do think it's worth it for somebody to check out the Nighthold Scorpids.
If that's currently possible, of course.
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Oh, then I missed that. Weird, but oh well.Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pmI did. They are listed as tamable when you beast lore them, but when you try to tame them it says that they cannot be.Qraljar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 pm I do think it's worth it for somebody to check out the Nighthold Scorpids.
If that's currently possible, of course.
On a similar note. Not sure if it's going to be possible, but I feel like it might be worth to check The Golden Serpent and Reban in King's Rest and Merektha in Temple of Sethraliss. WoWhead has all three listed as being tameable, but well, you know..

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
-
Valnaaros
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 5686
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
- Realm: Shadow Council
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
I'll be heading to those locations next.
I've noticed that recently, in many cases, if something is in a raid or dungeon, it will be listed as tamable but will not actually be tamable. Anzu, Ironcrusher, the crystal scorpids, Raigonn, etc.
I've noticed that recently, in many cases, if something is in a raid or dungeon, it will be listed as tamable but will not actually be tamable. Anzu, Ironcrusher, the crystal scorpids, Raigonn, etc.
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Exactly!Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 pm I'll be heading to those locations next.
I've noticed that recently, in many cases, if something is in a raid or dungeon, it will be listed as tamable but will not actually be tamable. Anzu, Ironcrusher, the crystal scorpids, Raigonn, etc.
And it would be a shame to get excited about those three tames only to find that they aren't tameable after all. And if they aren't, then the new dark blue toad (add spawn in Waycrest) probably isn't either.

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
-
Valnaaros
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 5686
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
- Realm: Shadow Council
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Guarm is now tamable!


- braunmar
- Apprentice Hunter

- Posts: 87
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 pm
- Realm: Grizzly Hills
- Gender: male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
The Rotting Monstrosity is a devilsaur
-
Valnaaros
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 5686
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
- Realm: Shadow Council
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Fenri is also tamable!


Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Side note, Gluth, which is also a raid boss, is tameable.



Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
- worgpower
- Community Resource

- Posts: 1947
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:57 pm
- Realm: Gurubashi
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
They’re all awesome, I wish to see more maldraxxus beasts, along with more mammoths, and newly tameable beasts
-
WerebearGuy
- Pet Finder
- Posts: 2411
- Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 pm
- Gender: Exploiter
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=136 ... d-bullfrog
Anyone mind checking this? Screenshot shows a critter toad, but 3D model shows a normal toad. If it's the former, I'll be happy because the little toad is cute.
Anyone mind checking this? Screenshot shows a critter toad, but 3D model shows a normal toad. If it's the former, I'll be happy because the little toad is cute.

Resident exploiter/bug finder that is currently looking for a bug that can safely be shared to tame unintended pets.
Current bans on record for reporting exploits: 2
- worgpower
- Community Resource

- Posts: 1947
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:57 pm
- Realm: Gurubashi
- Gender: Male
Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread
Looks like Blizz changed the model to be a proper beast rather than a weird low res toadWerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=136 ... d-bullfrog
Anyone mind checking this? Screenshot shows a critter toad, but 3D model shows a normal toad. If it's the former, I'll be happy because the little toad is cute.

