Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar »

Raigonn in Gate of the Setting Sun is currently still not tameable despite what Beast Lore says.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The green Mawrat is now available.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Freckles was newly-added in this beta build and appears on a river island just west of Norwington Estate.
Freckles.png
Freckles.png (679.45 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
Freckles is the Doctor of horses -every time it regenerates (with a maybe 10 min respawn time) it has a new appearance. As far as I can tell there are at least 10!
Freckles2.png
Freckles2.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3849 times
Freckles3.png
Freckles3.png (2.03 MiB) Viewed 3849 times
Most are appearances that only Horde could tame in previous builds, because they were only on Alliance-friendly horses.

A couple are currently missing, and Freckles has a couple of commonly-available colours as well. But at least most are covered :)

As far as I can tell, all possible looks are:

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Now that's...an odd addition. Glad I can get my weird donkey horse on Alliance though. Wish there was a proper donkey that was tameable, but I can make do with a donkey-colored horse.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I’m still praying that there will be a black and red ardenweald toad and a black owl steed to be tameable or added, I love darker creatures much more, and I hope those get added
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:30 am I’m still praying that there will be a black and red ardenweald toad and a black owl steed to be tameable or added, I love darker creatures much more, and I hope those get added
They will be added. Just a matter of when, not if.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Seeing as how Freckles has ten colors, and the pigs got a new color added to the possible color choices, perhaps the two new skins for the flightless teroclaws could be added as color changes/swaps for some birds. For example, Hen Chick in Talador could be changed to the yellow skin, and the Solstar Fledglings in Ardenweald could have the blue skin added to their possible colors.

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:40 am Seeing as how Freckles has ten colors, and the pigs got a new color added to the possible color choices, perhaps the two new skins for the flightless teroclaws could be added as color changes/swaps for some birds. For example, Hen Chick in Talador could be changed to the yellow skin, and the Solstar Fledglings in Ardenweald could have the blue skin added to their possible colors.
I put that on the suggestion list that maybe they could be added to the flightless teroclaws in Talador. :)

The reason I didn't suggest Shadowlands sources is that they're kind of specific. The ones in Bastion are all the new pastel shades, and the ones in Ardenweald are the babies of a specific type that are red-brown colours. There are other colours of big teroclaw in Ardenweald but unfortunately there are no young ones associated with them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:23 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:40 am Seeing as how Freckles has ten colors, and the pigs got a new color added to the possible color choices, perhaps the two new skins for the flightless teroclaws could be added as color changes/swaps for some birds. For example, Hen Chick in Talador could be changed to the yellow skin, and the Solstar Fledglings in Ardenweald could have the blue skin added to their possible colors.
I put that on the suggestion list that maybe they could be added to the flightless teroclaws in Talador. :)

The reason I didn't suggest Shadowlands sources is that they're kind of specific. The ones in Bastion are all the new pastel shades, and the ones in Ardenweald are the babies of a specific type that are red-brown colours. There are other colours of big teroclaw in Ardenweald but unfortunately there are no young ones associated with them.
While you're at it, could you please also put the two other Kunchong colors (used by Garalon and Raigonn) on the list to be a color changer somewhere? And also.. well, practically every color of regular Cloud Serpent other than black. :lol:

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I can confirm that the red grub still works fine in Shadowlands.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Bulletdance wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:26 pm I can confirm that the red grub still works fine in Shadowlands.
The MoP one? Same for the green one in that case.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

How does Freckles work in regards to picking a new skin? Is it random which one it spawns as, or does it have a set pattern?

My Flight Rising lair

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I like what they did with Freckles, and like how it shows there is a simple way to make skins available that doesn't require overcomplicated justification. Maybe one day those amazing stone direhorn skins will get their own Freckles!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Krauth on the Secret Finders discord found where to get the tome to tame Gargon! The rare "Huntmaster Petrus" in Revendreth drops it when killed.
EDIT: Yeah, what was said below!
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Flight Rising lair

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Found the gargon tame book

Its from a rare in revendreth, after this weeks patch he is consistently dropping it.

https://imgur.com/a/TjqbwAV
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice job Krauth!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As for Freckles, I think that it is a very good idea for other beasts like Cloud Serpents. However, the respawn needs to be reduced greatly. A couple of minutes tops. If you are trying to find one particular appearance, it will be a pain to wait 10 minutes. Not to mention having to compete with other people.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

As for The Gargon training, I hope the undead Tome comes from a rare, I hope it’s not covenant tied, so I don’t have to switch from covenant to covenant, and I’m now super hyped for my Hairless bear to enter my stables
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

worgpower wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:46 pm As for The Gargon training, I hope the undead Tome comes from a rare, I hope it’s not covenant tied, so I don’t have to switch from covenant to covenant, and I’m now super hyped for my Hairless bear to enter my stables
Same. Locking an entire sub-family of pets behind a Covenant would feel terrible. It makes sense it would come from Maldraxxus, and a rare drop would be perfectly fitting.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Well, when you compare it to Madexx back in the day, Freckles seems fairly painless!