Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, and as for the Ram critters (I know that was a while ago but I’m still catching up after WCM fixes): I originally suggested they become beasts because there’s precedent. The gazelles of Kalimdor were also critters until... Pandaria maybe? When they became beasts and joined the Stags. Since the Ram critters are in the same situation - plus it seems rather silly to call a Ram a critter, unless it’s the size of a rat - I thought it seemed the right choice for them too. But I guess the area designers had other ideas.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:40 am The database has been updated finally, by the way! Everything should be current with the latest finds.

In sadder news, the only known purple mawrat is now untameable because her level is too high (and she's elite).
Aw man, so long for the pink one, but hey, I’m happy I can have the green one
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:38 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:11 pm I must've missed it then. Still, at least those aren't bugged like the Emerald Nightmare ones.

EDIT: Yeah, I can't find any post with that spider shown.
Aroim definitely posted them somewhere. But Aroim is such a prolific finder of cool things it might have been easy to miss them :)

The nightmare spiders are both transparent and I thought I had them up for a while, but maybe I just added them in today's update:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... ransparent

:D i think i have a few things
only posted on twitter ^__^,
maybe the spiders are among them
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Brewfest starts on the 20th, and lasts through the 6th. Think we'll see prepatch before it ends? Would be nice to see if the pink elekks can be attacked/tamed now. I hate elekks, but I'd totally tame a pink one that doesn't actually exist. According to wowhead, they're friendly, but you never know.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:19 pm Brewfest starts on the 20th, and lasts through the 6th. Think we'll see prepatch before it ends? Would be nice to see if the pink elekks can be attacked/tamed now. I hate elekks, but I'd totally tame a pink one that doesn't actually exist. According to wowhead, they're friendly, but you never know.
The pink elekk looks too unreal to me, I would like it better if it had white horns and tusks, the closest to natural pink to me is the rosy one, i would still go for a pink elekk if I had the chance
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:19 pm Brewfest starts on the 20th, and lasts through the 6th. Think we'll see prepatch before it ends? Would be nice to see if the pink elekks can be attacked/tamed now. I hate elekks, but I'd totally tame a pink one that doesn't actually exist. According to wowhead, they're friendly, but you never know.
The pre patch will be out before October. A pre patch always lasts a month, so it should be out in a couple of weeks. As for the Pink Elekk, there hasn’t been any new ones added.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:44 am Oh, and as for the Ram critters (I know that was a while ago but I’m still catching up after WCM fixes): I originally suggested they become beasts because there’s precedent. The gazelles of Kalimdor were also critters until... Pandaria maybe? When they became beasts and joined the Stags. Since the Ram critters are in the same situation - plus it seems rather silly to call a Ram a critter, unless it’s the size of a rat - I thought it seemed the right choice for them too. But I guess the area designers had other ideas.
Unlike said Gazelles, the Little Black Ram is a battle pet. Every spawn has a chance of spawning as a battle pet, so they can't really turn them into beasts.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Myzou wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 pm
Wain wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:44 am Oh, and as for the Ram critters (I know that was a while ago but I’m still catching up after WCM fixes): I originally suggested they become beasts because there’s precedent. The gazelles of Kalimdor were also critters until... Pandaria maybe? When they became beasts and joined the Stags. Since the Ram critters are in the same situation - plus it seems rather silly to call a Ram a critter, unless it’s the size of a rat - I thought it seemed the right choice for them too. But I guess the area designers had other ideas.
Unlike said Gazelles, the Little Black Ram is a battle pet. Every spawn has a chance of spawning as a battle pet, so they can't really turn them into beasts.
Well the best idea is suggesting tameability with the stolen rams and or maybe adding the black variant to billy goat or possibly stonetalon ram, I remember when Blizz let alliance tame pink hippogryphs by typing /roar while targeting them, that sounds like the best solution for a tameable black ram is either doing the roar emote thing to make them hostile or add a black variant to the npcs mentioned above
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Myzou wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 pm

There are the little black rams, which are battle pets, that's right, but they still have the old model, but there are also other rams, for example in Loch Modan, classified as critter, which have the new model and these aren't battle pets, these could be turned into beasts
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, it's a different Ram critter, not the battle pet one.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Blizz always keeps us from getting the best colored pets until another expansion or patch comes up or not at all, where’s my skeletal horse, I’m dying to have one for my undead themed survival hunter
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since maldraxxus beasts have exposed skulls and bony tails, I was wondering if a wild version of the felsaber would appear in maldraxxus, but it turned out not, I could imagine having a badass undead cat pet since there is none, it probably would of been cooler to see where our DH mount came from since it’s otherworldly, hopefully we’ll get one someday, or hopefully Blizz can also remodel the skull of the mount too because the head looks horselike with a big jaw
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It looks like bugged tames in instances haven't been fixed. At least the crystal scorpids are still untameable. At this point it's not looking good for release.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Frustrating, to say the least. I'm sure it's of least concern to the devs, but still. I'm ready to see what happens when you tame them, and if they stay in one piece or break into the model with no stinger :(.

EDIT: And wowhead STILL lists plant hydras as tameable elementals. I'm sure this is still incorrect in practice as well, boo.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:58 pm Frustrating, to say the least. I'm sure it's of least concern to the devs, but still. I'm ready to see what happens when you tame them, and if they stay in one piece or break into the model with no stinger :(.

EDIT: And wowhead STILL lists plant hydras as tameable elementals. I'm sure this is still incorrect in practice as well, boo.
Waiting for a Botani allied race. At that point they really would have to add tameable plant beasts :)
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Still on the search for the undead tome book, new itens on renown vendor from necrolord but no book. Might be a rare drop after all, will be checking later on this week to see if any rare drops it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Krauth wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:46 pm Still on the search for the undead tome book, new itens on renown vendor from necrolord but no book. Might be a rare drop after all, will be checking later on this week to see if any rare drops it.
I hope the source is similar to the gargon tome, I don’t want to roll a covenant just for a book to tame bony creatures. Even though I’ll still be taming as much as possible on my main BM hunter, I made an undead hunter specifically to play survival cuz it feels like a different class and able to keep a few undead and diseased pets, and shadowlands opens so much for undead appearances, and I can keep the theme going without frustratingly deciding on what pet to quest, dungeon and pvp with, which is my struggle right now, I currently have 8 pets, 2 forsaken themed, Darkhound and bat, and six diseased and undead, I feel like nowadays, people will make a scourged based hunter with undead only as pets, but it’s fun to make a hunter theme for RP and for fun in general
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

Hello,

So I reached the final stage of getting the Child Of Torcali mount on live, and saw the beautiful Undead Devilsaur " Blaspheming Horror". Copied the character to Beta, and used Beast Lore on it (it is classified as a Beast on both Live & Beta). To my disappointment, it wasn't tamable. :(
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Raigonn is still not tameable.

The Kunchong Hatchling during Mantid invasion also isn't. In that case, neither through beast lore nor tame beast. It really ought to be, though.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Wamo »

In Allerian Stronghold / Stonebreaker Hold in Terrokar Forest you can see Pink Elekk when drunk, even when it's not Brewfest. While technically tameable, they cannot be tamed as they always remain friendly to you. I'm guessing the Brewfest Pink Elekk will be the same, but we'll have to see!