Hunter Cataclysm

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Hunter Cataclysm

Unread post by Kalliope »

That's the big question and why I think call stabled pet hasn't been dropped in level yet.
Last edited by Kalliope on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

TRACK FISH!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:TRACK FISH!
You get that by fishing up a book :p
That's the big question and why I think call stabled pet hasn't been dropped in level yet.
Oh god Kalli I hope that's not the reason. If CSP is turned into our 80 spell that is laughably horrendous.
Kalliope

....but it's already our level 80 spell, since freezing arrow doesn't exist in beta. >_<

YouTube Edition

Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

I'm more concerned that while they lowered Misdirection, it was only to 76, a better level to learn the skill would be between the 30s and 50s so that new hunters would have time to learn about it and be used to using it for longer.

The stable thing will be annoying, but it's nothing we haven't had to live with for five years now already.
Kalliope

?

Misdirection was the level 70 skill.

If it's level 76, then it was RAISED. And that *IS* what is listed on MMO.

That's very interesting. Now we don't have a level 70 skill either.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

*Sigh*
They're screwing up or class more and more. We need MD at about thirty, pets lose all ability to keep aggro.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:*Sigh*
They're screwing up or class more and more. We need MD at about thirty, pets lose all ability to keep aggro.
So we lost our 70 spell and we lost our 80 spell because sorry but CSP is NOT an 80 spell, even if we learn it at 80.

It's something that should be available at 30 tbh because even before then in theory you can have all 5 stables and sometimes you need a better pet but aren't able to hearth or aren't near a stable master.

And then wait, CSP is going to be rendered useless because we're going to be able to switch between 3/5 'active' pets and CSP would really only be fore the stabled 17/15 pets still in the 'stables'. Isn't it?

Double Piccard Facepalm can not begin to deal with this messed up BS.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Reading the beta forums, I get the feeling that beta started with the skills & trees in an odd position. I found a post from Ghostcrawler just a few days ago saying that hunter skills and talents were getting a lot more changes in the next patch (which would have been yesterday), but then other beta posters have said that this last patch didn't do much. So .. we are probably looking at things all mixed up.
Kalliope

That doesn't surprise me, Mania. Hunters are quite complex creatures due to our ability to have so much uniqueness....and pets themselves are complicated as well. So they have a LOT to balance when it comes to us. Plus I don't think they know what to do with survival (again) since marks is still amazing for PvP and PvE. Not knowing what to do with an entire tree can foul up their plans for the baseline skills...also, given, CSP shouldn't really be affected by this sort of thing.

I have faith in GC, so I'm happy to wait for a future build for stuff to get sorted. :)

YouTube Edition

Kurapika
Realm: Norgannon

Unread post by Kurapika »

It's also worth mentioning that Mend Pet is currently channeled in the Beta

This scares me. I shudder to remember those days. Switching it from channeled to a HOT was one of the best moves they ever made; I don't want it to go back! Here's to hoping it doesn't stay this way.
Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

When i first saw the Bm talent tree, the first thing that jumped out at me was.... bestial Wrath got nerfed again! no more 10% passive damage buff just for taking it. Well, it's still early. Hopefully it will get that added back on if need be.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, an interesting snippet from a blue post:

Cobra Shot -- We're not happy with the damage yet. We want BM to basically not use Steady ever again. Marks may use Cobra in PvP situations where spell damage trumps physical damage.