Mislabeled Beasts

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Mislabeled Beasts

Unread post by Acherontia »

Yeah I think Precious or w/e--the Aotona-skinned parrot (edit: Treasure!)--on the Ratchet-Booty Bay boat is also a beast. Will check all of these, you guys are really keeping me working :lol:

Meanwhile, just outside Wailing Caverns:

Serpentbloom Snake

Level 1 Beast
1-2 Damage
7 Armor
8 Health
Cannot Be Tamed

^ Critter snake!
Last edited by Acherontia on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaghiel
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by gaghiel »

Yeah, I've run into those Serpent Blooms myself. Even saw one that had managed to slither its way all the way out of WC towards Mulgore.

Once this list is done, we should send it on over to blizz and make em fix em or make em tamable! I wanna hijack random people's mislabeled beasts just for fun. "Oh no its X horrible monster!" "wait is that a hunter over there!?" "He's tamed it, the day is saved!" or the alternate: "Ahh, its a good day on the ocean eh Treasure? (the booty bay pirate parrot)" *looks around seeing only a dancing hunter* "Augh! My parrot!" *cue epic booty bay battle scene*
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Right, found another possible tameable: Says Tameable with abilities, but may be controlled.

Ymirjar Huntresses in ICC, in the tunnel before Sister Svalna, have birds called Warhawks. These share the model/skin of all the birds with the tauren slow flight form.

Can anyone give these a shot and see?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Acherontia wrote:Right, found another possible tameable: Says Tameable with abilities, but may be controlled.

Ymirjar Huntresses in ICC, in the tunnel before Sister Svalna, have birds called Warhawks. These share the model/skin of all the birds with the tauren slow flight form.

Can anyone give these a shot and see?
This was discussed at length in another thread some time ago, so I can confirm that 1) they are only present in the 25m ICC instance and 2) they are already controlled by the huntresses and are untameable.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Awesome, thanks for the info :)

Have updated them, and made a 3rd category as well: Tameable but Controlled/Friendly. There's at least three mobs in this category as it is so I figured it was warranted.

Also added the previously mentioned (by someone >.<) Snowshoe Hares in Dragonblight. They are level 5 and untameable, but are classed as Beasts despite being your standard rabbit critter skin. They're spawned by the mother polar bears digging them out, and the Cubs quickly chasing/killing them. The only way to get a reliable beast lore is to kill a cub and wait for the mother to dig out another bunny, but as the bunnies are untameable, spare the cubs :D
Elvirra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Elvirra »

Blackmaw? Sorry,maybe I'm just not good at this,but I remember going to Icecrown and Beast Loring him....over and over,hoping to make him mine... :cry:

Sorry if I goofed this thread up,I'm not really sure I grasp the nuances of this...I mean,I think it said he was tameable,but of course
he wasn't,otherwise he'd be mine...lol

Kitairra
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hmm, you're right, but Blackmaw's already listed on Petopia. I was going for listing unknowns/new beasties, but then that leaves the list incomplete.

Should I add 'known' ones to the tameable-but-friendly, or no? Opinions? :shock:
Wolfinglen
Realm: Velen, Blackhand, Borean Tundra, Nesingwary

Unread post by Wolfinglen »

Found another one. Not so much a humanoid mislabeled as a beast, but a beast mislabeled as a humanoid. The overworked nags in the Granite Springs campsite in Grizzly Hills are labeled as humanoid, when they are obviously horses.

I know it wasn't the original idea of the thread, but they are definitely mislabeled. : /
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Removed by Rawr :|
Last edited by Rawr on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Added Njorndar Proto-Drake, the mountable (with daily quest from Ebon Blade) proto-drake in Icecrown. These can't be beast lored or attacked.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Added yet ANOTHER proto-drake; this one's the Jotunheim Proto-drake, the green one associated with the harpooning quest in Jotunheim, Icecrown (quest is from Ebon Blade).

Untameable.

The Wounded Dalaran Serpent in Dalaran is counted as a Beast, and untameable; while it's small (critter-sized, in fact), it DOES use a currently tameable skin, so I'm not sure it's mislabeled as such. Just mentioning it here anyway. :P
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Acherontia wrote:The Wounded Dalaran Serpent in Dalaran is counted as a Beast, and untameable; while it's small (critter-sized, in fact), it DOES use a currently tameable skin, so I'm not sure it's mislabeled as such. Just mentioning it here anyway. :P
It's so tiny and cute - and in the "dead" position, so very very sad. D:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Unread post by Evandelle »

One supposed tamable hyena that says that it is tameable, but upon trying to tame it, I could not..it was already controlled...is the scarlet hound...red hyena in Western Plaugelands.
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Updated one of the proto-drakes. It was unattackable/un-beast-lore-able due to it's Vehicle status, despite being a Beast. However, I managed to throw a quick Beast Lore onto one after dismounting (it hovers for a moment before despawning) and it is indeed Untameable.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I have a humanoid here. The Nethermine Flayers in the mines on Netherwing Ledge in Shadowmoon Valley are classified as beasts. Beast Lored them when I was out doing my Netherwing dailies. They're not tamable, but the ravagers they hang out with are.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

All the Flayers are considered beasts, I was always curious if they'd end up a tameable family some day.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ya I believe they're mentioned elsewhere in the thread--some are humanoid, some are beast, but I don't consider them mislabeled as such.
Zaphoed
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by Zaphoed »

The Summoned Beasts on Saurfang are labeled as beast although I have never had a chance to use lore on them as I am always killing them too fast. Would like to know though.

Also there is a rogue quest out of Ratchet that has you learn lock picking. When you level it up you have to open a locked box at the bottom of a ship which then spawns a Bird Looks like Aotona but with the green feathers. IT is a boss until you feed it an item given to you by the quest giver then you kill it for the quest. I have never found a rogue on the quest to try and Tame it but have wondered about this one as well.
Aotona - Trillian : Uhk'loc - Zarnywoop : Arcturis - Bandit / Loque'nahak - Ipos / Skoll - Raiju / Karoma - IkiUrufu / Ghostcrawler - Ocypode / Ghondria - Naberius : King Krush - Verin : Sambas - Valafar / Ashtail - Kitsune / Nuramoc - Euynome
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Zaphoed wrote:The Summoned Beasts on Saurfang are labeled as beast although I have never had a chance to use lore on them as I am always killing them too fast. Would like to know though.

Also there is a rogue quest out of Ratchet that has you learn lock picking. When you level it up you have to open a locked box at the bottom of a ship which then spawns a Bird Looks like Aotona but with the green feathers. IT is a boss until you feed it an item given to you by the quest giver then you kill it for the quest. I have never found a rogue on the quest to try and Tame it but have wondered about this one as well.
I've tested the green parrot before, and sadly he's not tameable.