10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by Ana »

I want the skunk!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I don't feel like the skunk will make it past PTR like the flaming chicken, but I definitely hope he stays. I mean, I know it won't happen, but we do have tameable critter models that have persisted since Pandaria. For those of us who are trying out the PTR, make sure you provide positive feedback for it.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Unsure how other people feel, but I really hope the Somnowls stay grounded. They remind me of burrowing owls just running around like that. The spirit beast is the first one since Ban'thalos that I really want.

My headcanon is that her and Ban'thalos are a couple and they have a little nest somewhere in a super tall tree, scattered with Druid of the flame corpses and a bunch of baby spirit owls. Olm the Wise is the grandpa who reads them bedtime stories every morning whenever he visits. Then one of the baby owls is just a Balance Druid of the Flame who is too afraid to shapeshift back because the owls would realize. <3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hi all! Thanks for everything you've found and reported so far 💚 The new tames are stunning!

I'm sorry I've been so quiet on here, but getting all the new images taken and data sorted for Petopia took everything I had for the past few days. The owl alone required 384 images, due to all its configurations (that was by far the worst one, though, and really sucks because probably 90% of those look combos will never see the game!). I'm so lacking sleep but thankfully it's done before work tomorrow!

I have a first draft guide up now:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch10.2.0.php

It'll almost certainly contain inaccuracies, and a little guesswork. And there are no NPC data at this stage. So please post here and let me know if you notice anything tameable that I don't have marked, or anything I've marked tameable that you think might not be. Thanks! 💙

Patch10.2LogoTwitter.png
Patch10.2LogoTwitter.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 25794 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Other things that Sarah has confirmed:

- the skunk is intended! 🦨🖤🤍
- the firehawk isn't, and will be sadly made untameable 💔🔥
- umbraclaws (owlbears) are intended to be Feathermanes. Some already are, but many others were classed as bears and should be fixed for the next build.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay for skunk, awww for the firehawk :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Firehawk was expected, but the skunk IS intended? Well I'll be, we still have a friend on the inside after all. Glad to know the owlbears are intended to be feathermanes (though I honestly would've preferred bears get some love), because I had already made space in my stable for the new tames I intend on catching. Though, now I gotta make room for a new rodent...

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:02 pm Other things that Sarah has confirmed:

- umbraclaws (owlbears) are intended to be Feathermanes. Some already are, but many others were classed as bears and should be fixed for the next build.
Wa wa wah! It was fun while it lasted, I hope she’ll at least reconsider letting us tame some firehawks, maybe this patch or next xpac, make them small like veilwings, they don’t deserve to be left out, but a intended skunk, amazing, we should be allowed to tame the other rodents since we have the cave mouse, and I hope the dreamtalons will be cats, it’s a amazing example of a mixed animal model that doesn’t feel right in its family despite its skeleton, when I ran or observed them, they don’t really feel like raptors except for the animations
Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

YAY!!!! THE SKUNK!!!!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kööna wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:23 pm

YAY!!!! THE SKUNK!!!!
I just realized we’ve been blessed with a lot of rodent models this xpac, the skunk colors look epic, for a skunk, this upcoming patch also is adding new Druid forms which are the creatures we find here along with the firecat, so I’m leveling my Druid just so I can be all those creatures, back on to the skunk topic, they’re also not rodents, rather weasels like ottuks and marsuuls, we need a new family for those creatures
Jalak
Realm: Goldrinn

Unread post by Jalak »

I'm so happy we're getting skunks!
While we're at it, I hope they also give us raccoons!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:46 pm WoWScrnShot_090723_174505.jpg Found a new fire cobra! looks like it has a tiny hint of orange along with a bluish effect, from a glance it looks like the yellow snake, but it's a new unique color
Well spotted! Looks like I'm going to have to add all the cobra body/glow combos. That's most definitely a new combo appearance using the yellow body, red glow on body, and blue glow on minor halo effects (you can see the blue sparks faintly around its head).

Interestingly, they've added a bunch of new appearance IDs for those cobras in 10.2 (these aren't new textures, just new uses of the existing textures). There are at least a couple each of the green and the blue/purple looks. This doesn't mean we'll see them tameable in 10.2 but it at least means they've been considering using them in some situation.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm having a Steamscale Incinerator giveaway on Twitter, with a super-short deadline (end of 12 Sep PDT - tomorrow!)

https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 4824409321

I mention it here because I tied it to the 10.2 pet preview.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:19 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:46 pm WoWScrnShot_090723_174505.jpg Found a new fire cobra! looks like it has a tiny hint of orange along with a bluish effect, from a glance it looks like the yellow snake, but it's a new unique color
Well spotted! Looks like I'm going to have to add all the cobra body/glow combos. That's most definitely a new combo appearance using the yellow body, red glow on body, and blue glow on minor halo effects (you can see the blue sparks faintly around its head).

Interestingly, they've added a bunch of new appearance IDs for those cobras in 10.2 (these aren't new textures, just new uses of the existing textures). There are at least a couple each of the green and the blue/purple looks. This doesn't mean we'll see them tameable in 10.2 but it at least means they've been considering using them in some situation.
Yay I’ve been heard, I wonder what and how many combos there will be, I love this model cuz of it
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Technically, 64 combos 😣

There are only 4 colours and 4 matching glow colours, so there should be just 16 possibilities.

But the glow effect is used twice on the model and can be set differently for each. I wouldn’t have expected that to happen but that’s exactly what has happened here. And for an effect that is really minor! So 4x16 = 64 combos.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:19 pm Technically, 64 combos 😣

There are only 4 colours and 4 matching glow colours, so there should be just 16 possibilities.

But the glow effect is used twice on the model and can be set differently for each. I wouldn’t have expected that to happen but that’s exactly what has happened here. And for an effect that is really minor! So 4x16 = 64 combos.
That’s not so bad, you can probably name them in order like the unused panthara colors, it’s a lot of looks but not a lot compared to the somnowls, I’d fall asleep looking at all 384. If you are generating combos, I hope to see them at some point
Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia »

Has anyone spotted any of the thornborn spirits? Liliuna, Astera, or Argyr? I know not everything in the database makes it to live, and I don't want to get my hopes up too much. At the same time, I am desperately hoping someone finds at least one of them. I made the grave mistake of playing the BFA beta and falling in love with the thorn bear before they fixed it.

edit: I know there's a good chance they are druid NPCs, I just haven't seen them here on PTR at all if they are.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Runethia wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:53 pm Has anyone spotted any of the thornborn spirits? Liliuna, Astera, or Argyr? I know not everything in the database makes it to live, and I don't want to get my hopes up too much. At the same time, I am desperately hoping someone finds at least one of them. I made the grave mistake of playing the BFA beta and falling in love with the thorn bear before they fixed it.
I looked for the three too, but my first guess was that they belong to a certain quest.
So far I have only seen one "Drust" in The Dream who had a name
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ok, I finally redid all the magma cobra colours to include every possible body/glow/sparks combination.

And it's all because of just one new pet in 10.2 that uses a combination of textures and glows.

There are 64 combos 😩

Here's the new upcoming look:

It has a base yellow skin, with a red glow over it, and a halo of purplish sparks.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

And if you want to see all the other possible (currently unused) magma cobra combination looks, go to :
https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... rockcobras

... and pop out the hidden menu labelled "Unused Combination Looks". There are some very cool possibilities there.

Like, this one would be a perfect shadowflame cobra: