10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Oh, I can never remember with these goofy fantasy names. Well, it's still a bird and birds are literal demons anyway, so I still hold my contempt towards the bird!

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Hopefully if it's a raid drop, it's not locked to mythic only. Just a drop from Fyrakk.

Or, have it be a quest that the mount drops when being spawned, similar to the Shadowlands Pre-Order Mount Quest. So any hunter in the vicinity of the mount being mounted can loot the item or such.

Locking a pet behind a mythic raid would be devastating. They got feedback about locking Blood Beasts behind Heroic Raids, and they relented to the feedback, (as well as because of the glitch people abused), so hopefully they remember that feedback.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I checked yesterday night, to many people that would be disappointed, the bear heart still gives stag thorns, I also found out something strange about Argyr, on some days, it’s named Argyr and some days it’s named Wandering Dreamstag. I also researched some bears, and I think Astera comes from the displaced bristlebruin, I predict the dark one would become black, the autumn brown becomes brown, and green one becomes green. Once that heart gets fixed, I’ll test it on that NPC
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Talihawk wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:21 pm Oh dear. I hope it doesn't end up overly rng to get. I'd like a quest line like what Gara gave us. But if it's like the dang meat for the alien cats I'm gunna be so bummed out. Sounds kind of like the Ottuk, that'd be okay I guess.
From the text, it kind of looks like it could be locked behind rep.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Could just make the Cinder of Companionship for a new Phoenix family instead of a drop for a phoenix-like spirit beast.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

worgpower wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:41 am I checked yesterday night, to many people that would be disappointed, the bear heart still gives stag thorns, I also found out something strange about Argyr, on some days, it’s named Argyr and some days it’s named Wandering Dreamstag. I also researched some bears, and I think Astera comes from the displaced bristlebruin, I predict the dark one would become black, the autumn brown becomes brown, and green one becomes green. Once that heart gets fixed, I’ll test it on that NPC
Argyr is without the Dagger just the Wandering Dreamstag
As soon as you carry the respective dagger with you, the NPCs change
And yes, the Displaced Bristlebruin is at the top of my list, I already mentioned that he is probably the one who will change to Astera ^^
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:17 am
worgpower wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:41 am I checked yesterday night, to many people that would be disappointed, the bear heart still gives stag thorns, I also found out something strange about Argyr, on some days, it’s named Argyr and some days it’s named Wandering Dreamstag. I also researched some bears, and I think Astera comes from the displaced bristlebruin, I predict the dark one would become black, the autumn brown becomes brown, and green one becomes green. Once that heart gets fixed, I’ll test it on that NPC
Argyr is without the Dagger just the Wandering Dreamstag
As soon as you carry the respective dagger with you, the NPCs change
And yes, the Displaced Bristlebruin is at the top of my list, I already mentioned that he is probably the one who will change to Astera ^^
I guess that makes sense, it makes the secret that more special, displaced bruins are untameable is why we speculated they’re astera, I hope that bug fixes so I can test it soon, the thorny collection must be completed
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

It's pretty clever to replace the npcs as soon as you have the necessary item ^^
Exactly the fact that it is untamable, alone and the only npc with this name as far as I could see and of course because it can spawn in 3 colors :D
I hope that it will be fixed in the next build D:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I noticed its name is different if you're holding the knife. The NPC never changes (it has the same ID), but its name is different to you if you're holding the ritual item.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Question: can anyone gain renown with the new Dream Wardens faction? Mine stays at 0.

I gain renown points, but as soon as it reaches the end of the 0 rank, it goes back to the start.

If the item to tame Nah'qi is gained through renown then we can't test it 😣
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I wish new families were created for some of these cool flaming creatures, DF was very lackluster when it came to hunter pet families, a flaming bird or beast family would of been great, families like birds of prey are way too big in my honest opinion
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Off-topic, but this is the most read thread and this is related to new looks.

To help you find the look you want, all family guides on Petopia now have a model index.

I've been meaning to add this for ages. An index wasn't so important in the old days, but the huge number of models have really blown out the page sizes now, and make it so much harder to navigate family pages without one.

Please gimme any feedback, if you find bugs or have problems with usability.

Examples:

catfamilyindex.png
catfamilyindex.png (48.75 KiB) Viewed 17450 times
sbfamilyindex.png
sbfamilyindex.png (69.78 KiB) Viewed 17450 times
bopfamilyindex.png
bopfamilyindex.png (72.85 KiB) Viewed 17450 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It looks great, Wain! Excellent job! :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wow that’s amazing!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for your comments! 😊

I should add that the default thumb for each model is picked automatically, from the first available look in the database, with priority given to a tameable look (as there are way too many for me to define each one manually). BUT, I can also set it to be a specific one, which I may do in some cases, especially if one look is more iconic or easier to see as a small thumb. I just haven't, yet.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

How do you get it to even look like that? I just get a vertical column like this. What you posted looks excellent, but I can't seem to find where that even is. I'm in Firefox on build 118.0.1 (64-bit), if that's contributing.
EDIT: The attachment is only for coursers, but it's like that on every page for me.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-10 012109.png
Screenshot 2023-10-10 012109.png (118.16 KiB) Viewed 17416 times

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:22 am How do you get it to even look like that? I just get a vertical column like this. What you posted looks excellent, but I can't seem to find where that even is. I'm in Firefox on build 118.0.1 (64-bit), if that's contributing.
EDIT: The attachment is only for coursers, but it's like that on every page for me.
I use Firefox too with build 118.0.1 (64-Bit) and it works fine for me
So you can probably rule that out :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:22 am How do you get it to even look like that? I just get a vertical column like this. What you posted looks excellent, but I can't seem to find where that even is. I'm in Firefox on build 118.0.1 (64-bit), if that's contributing.
Oh, that sounds like your css (the instructions that tell your browser how to lay out and colour the page) is cached and old. Like, from before I added the new css for the index.

Try hitting ctrl-shft-r and see if that fixes it :) That's a forced reload.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It also looks like that for me, maybe it’s either cuz I’m using google chrome, or it’s because I use a mobile device 90% of my time here
Zetsoban
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Zetsoban »

This looks great Wain, very nice for browsing those larger families!

I do have a suggestion: is it possible to add a return to top of page button somewhere, so you scroll back to the index with one click?
Floating button or maybe just as the word "index" at the right end of the title of a model header?

I noticed that when you click a model listing and want to browse further, you immediately have to scroll like before. I'd imagine with a return to top button browsing would be a breeze :)