I have spent a few days tracking this beast here are my observations:
Continent/Island: Zephras Isle
Subzone: Shadowgale Forest
Nearby Landmark: Ruins of Ban'Aethal
Spawn Point: 60.9, 35.2 +/- .2 (The Shadowgale Forest side of the eastern path into Ruins of Ban'Aethal. )
Pathing: Spawns at above location every time (8 total observed). Then heads west along the hillside with the large fallen tree that separates Shadowgale Forest from Ruins of Ban'Aethal. I tamed it once it past the western path leading into Ruins of Ban'Aethal it looked like it would have continued west further along the hillside. Also noticed after my tame that it can path north from spawn point over into Ban'Aethal but it does not path very far up that hill before it turns back to the path I just described.
Recorded Spawns Times: I did not record all spawn times initially I had some world resets and todays patch.
9/23/2006 1pm and 9:15pm
9/24/2026 10:40am, 4:21pm and again at 5:00pm.
So his spawn times are very irregular this maybe due to Beta and world refreshes. I can say he does not spawn with a fresh server start after patch or update.
At tame:
Beast lvl 13
Savage Rend Rank 1
Faster Attack II Passive: Increase Attack Speed by 25%
Attack Speed: 1.6000000238419
Movement Speed: 114%
Does Not retain its original name.
Note: After first training it will lose Savage Rend Rank 1 from the spell book. (Bug Maybe)
Of note he has a nasty Knockdown which interrupts Tame Beast. If solo I would recommend not taming him from the start, just agro him and eat the first knockdown, then as soon as you are able immediately use Tame Beast. The second Knockdown seems to be at a 20.5 second interval. Just enough time to possibly tame it, and will have enough juice left to try again should you take another KD. Solo its a tough tame, best just have a tank hold agro and you tame it in a party. Even with Conc Shot and Ice Trap that KD will still get you over the 20 sec duration tame.
Can confirm it does not spawn at any of the 7 normal Ursera (owl bear model) locations in the area
A 61.6, 37.5
B 59.8, 33.4
C 56.2, 31.7
D 54.9, 35.7
E 52.4, 41.6
F 54.3, 43.4
G 57.8, 43.5
Can confirm that Den'dralass the non-tamable rare elite does spawn randomly at any one of those 7 points.
Can confirm killing Den'dralass does not trigger Mystmane's spawn.
Hope this helps other hunters find and tame the beast with the fastest bear family attack speed.
EDIT:
Note this is Mystmane's spellbook at level 20. Note it gets Bite 3, Claw 3, and Swipe 1. Also note Savage Rend 1 is no longer in book. Savage Rend is typically a Raptor Only Ability and Mystmane. I did have Savage Rend on Shriekling Matriarch which is a feathered Raptor, which was my first pet tamed, had to let it go because I tamed The Rake and didn't have enough gold to buy the second stable slot at the time. That said I did pause for thought maybe it has to do with something along the lines both are feathered and maybe Mystmane is suppose to have Savage Rend as part of an avian crossbreed, or maybe its just a bug and not suppose to be there at all. I really don't know, but it did get me thinking so I ran some simulation numbers. Not going to post all the sim data but it comes down to this The Rake only gets bite and claw, but since it is an offensive pet with a 1.2 attack speed it still outperforms Mystmane on multi-target damage even though Mystmane as bite, claw, and swipe 3 target AoE. That is until you add in Savage rend on mystmane and then the gap closes, but not enough if you have a 1.0 attack speed cat. All in all for leveling and running dungeons Mystmane with its 3 attack abilities, higher defense mitigation, and AoE swipe with a 1.6 attack speed is probably one of the best pets to get early on, him and the Rake until you level high enough to get Broken Tooth at lvl 37 and his 1.0 attack speed. That said there are several other pets that as nice to grab for situational use at end game such as Tallstrider's Dustcloud with armor reduction which may be good for certain raid bosses, or the crocs heal reduction in PvP. I can say this we are going to need more stable slots than two for main pets and situational pets.
Mystmane Rare Bear
-
Wrathborne
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:37 pm
Mystmane Rare Bear
Last edited by Wrathborne on Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Mystmane Rare Bear
Read this post and then spent 3 hours hunting her. Unfortunately a Druid hit her out of my tame twice while also attempting to flee and apologize to me. I unfortunately died chasing Mystmane into a sea of black crows (as I like to call them) and came back to find her lying dead. I was so heartbroken and frustrated. It’s been about 9 years since I’ve played WoW and I forgot how hard it can be to obtain a rare pet. I hope to try again but also realize this is only the beta heh. Thanks again for putting this together.
-
AnastasiaDefian
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:09 am
Re: Mystmane Rare Bear
I got him first try today as level 20 hunter. I took OP's advice and let him knock me down then spammed the tame button as I was getting back up. I was flashing red at the end of the channel but very very happy getting him first try after hours of camping. It's kind of funny because during leveling as a lowly level 11 hunter I saw him the first time I entered the area. Anyway, thanks so much for your efforts and the info!
-
ThrillOfTheHunt
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:09 pm
Re: Mystmane Rare Bear
First I want to thank you for all the work you’ve put into this! With that said, I found a VOD that seems to show the spawn as being the same coordinates as the top comment on Wowhead (60.0, 33.5). Is it possible there are two spawn locations for this mob?
Video (Go to 13:18): https://www.youtube.com/live/7x3zQ2GIR1 ... X4lCU6sGyN
Edit: I have personally witnessed it spawning at the same spawn point as Wrathborne documented, so I can say at a minimum there are 2 spawn points.
Video (Go to 13:18): https://www.youtube.com/live/7x3zQ2GIR1 ... X4lCU6sGyN
Edit: I have personally witnessed it spawning at the same spawn point as Wrathborne documented, so I can say at a minimum there are 2 spawn points.
-
Wrathborne
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:37 pm
Re: Mystmane Rare Bear
That location in the Video is the same for, the most part, as they one I listed. It's that far east path from the forest into the ruins. If you run to the top north of that path there is a normal Ursera that tracks around the Castle Tower and if you go south of that past there is an almost fat field with a small tree where another normal Ursera spawns just west of the area where you start running into humanoids you gather ears from for the quest at the far east cave. Mystmane basically spawns inbetween the normal ones middle of that path east of the fallen tree roots.ThrillOfTheHunt wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:21 pm First I want to thank you for all the work you’ve put into this! With that said, I found a VOD that seems to show the spawn as being the same coordinates as the top comment on Wowhead (60.0, 33.5). Is it possible there are two spawn locations for this mob?
Video (Go to 13:18): https://www.youtube.com/live/7x3zQ2GIR1 ... X4lCU6sGyN
Edit: I have personally witnessed it spawning at the same spawn point as Wrathborne documented, so I can say at a minimum there are 2 spawn points.
-
huntermike42
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:53 pm
- Gender: male
Re: Mystmane Rare Bear
Camped this bear for a good chunk of the weekend and can confirm the knockdown-into-tame trick is the way, that flashing red channel had me sweating. Two spawn points wouldn't shock me either, rares like this have always loved to keep hunters guessing. Grats to everyone who landed him already, he's a great add to the stable.
Re: Mystmane Rare Bear
Got him today at 3.38pm EST at the co-ords above. Thank you for all the information.
