As I mentioned previously, I won't be playing Forever, and I simply don't have the time to gather data anyway. So if a site is to exist the data gathering must be up to the community.
I'm also leaving for 10 days on the 19th so will only just be back before launch.
The template for a Forever site is up at: https://www.wow-petopia.com/forever/
... but it currently mostly just has original Classic data, plus new family data for Forever.
What I need is:
1. All new creatures that fit into a Forever pet family (including those that are currently not tameable).
The data I need for each is:
- NPC ID - the macro for this is: /run print("Target Family: ", select(1, UnitCreatureFamily("target")), ", NPC ID:", strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$"))
- Family
- Name
- Title (only used by a few NPCs) - it's the bit in <> under its main name, like: Mania <The Hive Queen>.
- Look keys (in the same format as the looks as used on Petopia look pages, for example, if the look page is https://www.wow-petopia.com/forever/loo ... e_c60_blue then the bit I need to know is just "catskyborne_c60_blue". NPCs may have multiple looks in Forever and you can get a good idea of them by targetting them and spamming the F6 (report) key. Each time it comes up it'll show a random appearance from the valid options.
- Tameability (yes or no)
- Min/max levels
- Elite/rare/boss status (where appropriate)
- If it's spawned (i.e. it's not on the landscape, but appears if something happens / it's summoned). Only a small % of NPCs are like that.
- Any abilities it comes with including rank, other than the ones that all pets of that family automatically come with
- Attack speed data, though I think in Forever they have special abilities attached to them that define this?
- Zone, and area within the zone (if applicable)
- Notes (anything special, or maybe a comment on where it can be found, especially if it's in a location without a defined area name)
- Do any make sounds when clicked on? Not sure.
2. Confirmation of Classic pets
- all pets and families can be found on https://www.wow-petopia.com/forever/
- need to know if they still exist and if their levels etc. are the same
- not sure which NPCs that existed (but weren't tameable) during Vanilla are now tameable because of the new Bird of Prey and Fox families (and Core Hound??)
That's a lot of work! But perhaps you can see why I don't have time for it (and run the regular sites and go to work and have a real life).
I know xWillawisp has started a Google spreadsheet of their finds, but maybe I should (not wanting to tread on their toes!) create one in Petopia data format, and include all the Classic pets for players to check off as confirmed, as well as allow new stuff to be added.
Would the community be interested in helping with this? And is what I suggested a useful way to go about it? Posting on here is great, but I won't have time to harvest all the data from various posts here and hope I got it right. It would need to be done with a spreadsheet (which is how we handle Retail and Valnaaros can attest to
Thanks!
Wayne

