Yard killers

Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Yard killers

Unread post by Khishay »

Okay, so I now find this really freaky enough to share. It's like, really, wtf.

So, we come back from a long 13 -15 hour drive, eager to get home, and our usually mangey bushes and tree limbs that hand over the driveway to greet us. They were completely destroyed. I'm not talking a neat little trim, I mean someone took a chainsaw and basically removed them. Everything along the side of the driveway, down to a nice little bush that was by the mailbox (which we had been waiting to flower for so many years, and irony, it just had!), and even took several limbs off the tree. Not only that, but they didn't even take away the destruction! There's a heap of branches and leaves and the likes piled in the front of the yard!

There were some church folks asked to come build a ramp, but I doubt they'd take the time for such mayhem. Not to mention it's less likely they would leave the remains and the ugly bush-stumps behind. My stepfather is thinking it might be a company that's going to come by and say "you can pay us a couple thousand for our good work and efforts now!" which won't work anyways, since they weren't hired by us and there's no record of our contact. Then there's the most plausible: an angry neighbor, who often complained about them.

It's so weird... I still just look out the window and go "wha-huh?" It's hard to believe someone would take such trouble to chop off so many limbs and pile them... but who knows?

Has anything weird like this ever happened to you guys? Some crazy person taking out their angst on your yard? I'm gonna go see if I can get some pictures to "flaunt."

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Saturo

Re: Yard killers

Unread post by Saturo »

Report it to the police. It's nothing short of harassment and destruction of property.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

My guess its your neighbor. Or if your into conspiricy thories someone who could be into the property could have done it to lower value of property and get you evicted. ... Yha lame but there are some laws that could do that
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Khishay »

We would report it, but we don't have any proof of what our yard looked like before :( They could just as well think we're some crazy people that hacked apart our own yard and want the police to go on a wild goose chase... Never really thought "Let's take some photos of the yard just in case some crazy person comes after it!"

There's a lot of theories that could be placed. Maybe the aliens didn't like the look of the yard? Or bigfoot came and made a salad out of it :lol: I kind of doubt the eviction though. Then again, still no clue what happened.. Could be :shock:

My Dragon Cave...

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Its a secret organization out to get you. The shrubs were a warning.

Had a grumpy old jerk for a neighbor when I was young. The guy HATED it when we kids would cross over into his yard for whatever reason. THreatened to shoot us a time or two. We once built a snow man that was on the line, if not on our side. And then we watched as this old man stumps over into our lawn, kicks it over, kicks it apart, and then stumps back to his house. I was seven, maybe?

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Khishay »

Omgosh. You can take the yard, but you NEVER mess with the snowman!!

Secret organization... sounds secret! I knew there was something strange about that guy with the sunglasses and trenchcoat... Decoys! They get me every time!

My Dragon Cave...

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

It got worse, talking to Sat reminded me of everything the guy did. He used to set down anti-freeze in front of peoples houses at night if he knew they had outside pets, to try and kill them. He purposefully ran over one of our puppies and one of our kittens once. Watched him do it. He also ran over one of our cats, but she got better. To spite him, probably. He ALSO poisoned, flat out poisoned our dog Booger. He too got better though. The guy was just an absolute jerk, and I was glad when we moved away from there.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That REALLY should be reported to the police. Fucking asshole.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh we did. The entire neighbor hood called the police on him, probably several times. But he was fairly heavy native American, and punishing them near the res is very hard. Not to mention he had two sons who were convicted murderers.

Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Khishay »

That's just crazy. I mean, I've only seen people like that on T.V... I never really thought people would be that, well, mean! Now my neighbor makes me wonder...

There was one incident where he came across the street and was digging the dirt out of our gutter, and made some snide comment about "well you guys weren't using it" or something like that. That's the only particularly weird thing he's done, and that was so long ago... It's hard to think he'd still be mad at us.

But if there's people out there willing to hurt a neighbors animals... Who knows?

My Dragon Cave...

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

*Sigh*
People who use their ethnicity to avoid punishment sucks. That'd be like me beating Veph down, and then saying that you can't call the cops on me because I'm of jewish heritage, or you're nazis...

Sons were convicted murders, you say? Couldn't that be use as evidence towards him being a bad father too?

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Haven't had a neighbor that bad since, thank god. He passed away maybe ten years ago now, which is, as horrible as it sounds, great for anyone who might have lived near him. I think he was really bitter, and angry about pretty much everything. That's no excuse for ANY of what he did, though.

And it probably could have been, but you have to understand something about the police where I grew up. They 'overlooked' a LOT of things. It was a small town, after all.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:It got worse, talking to Sat reminded me of everything the guy did. He used to set down anti-freeze in front of peoples houses at night if he knew they had outside pets, to try and kill them. He purposefully ran over one of our puppies and one of our kittens once. Watched him do it. He also ran over one of our cats, but she got better. To spite him, probably. He ALSO poisoned, flat out poisoned our dog Booger. He too got better though. The guy was just an absolute jerk, and I was glad when we moved away from there.
When I was a kid we had a guy who would do this. When I saw him kill my new puppy in front of me with a shovel. Had my mom and dad call the police. They told us that they could arest him but at most he would get no jail time and counciling.
The next day my younger sister was screaming cause the guy had come into our yard and was trying to pull my sisters cat from her arms cause it pooped in his yard. I got my dads hunting rifle and shot him.
Yes he survived
yes I was arrested
yes I was handled with kid gloves due to the trama of seeing him kill my dog then attack my sister so I didnt do time and got my record GONE at 18
yes he killed the cat before I could shoot him.
Good news of the story---Restraining order forced him to move, assult of a child got him jailtime, and he has to use a shit bag because of the damage the gun did.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Ah, such delightful stories. Even in my seven year old state, if that old man had EVER assaulted one of our pets or one of my family, I'd have done my damndest to rip him a new one. Repeatedly. The problem was, you could never pin anything on him. It was always when no one was watching, and I am fairly certain that he used gloves. Not that it mattered, the police never bothered to dust the bowls anyway. They never even came out to investigate.

Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Khishay »

Dang Redith... way to take the law into your own hands! That poor kitty... :cry:

My Dragon Cave...

KeemZ
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by KeemZ »

Point me in a direction and I'll put them in a rose garden >:)
KeemZ Kill Krew!!1!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

If someone tries to hurt my pets like that, they'd have a crazed, scimitar-wielding maniac after themselves pretty quickly.

Tygamoon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Tygamoon »

Khishay you really should have your family report that. It IS property damage and if something like that happens agine in the area to someone else there could be a valid case made. It very well could be some roving company doing these things and hoping to scam their way into getting some money. It's like those guys who will run up to cars at stop lights and wash windows then expect the drivers to give a dollar or two for their efforts.

And Redith, way to kick ass! People like that should have NO excuse to do those things to animals (or people) and not be punished for it. I imagine that being a fairly traumatic thing to happen to a young person but I bet it built you a very strong character :)
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I was gonna read the whole thread but my brain is shutting down... I just wanted to suggest that you check out google map's ground view feature (I think it's called satellite view?). It should show your house before the massacre. Then take lots of pictures of the current situation. Either way, your report and the damage should show that this wasn't something a home owner would do to their front yard.

Even if nothing comes of it, if this neighbour is ramping up his aggression towards your family, it's worth it to have police reports as a paper trail that shows the history of it. Call 'em. Not 911, just the local precinct.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.