Nether Ray Mount Finally!!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Nether Ray Mount Finally!!

Unread post by Siliverin »

So i have been farming rep for the nether ray mount. i started out about half way into honored maybe less. With in 2 day i finally got exaulted :D here are some pics :) it wasnt to bad not as bad as i thought it was gonna be plus alot easier at 80 :) i bought all the mounts ( if i like a mount i buy it in every color lol, the mini pet and the tabard) :D made about 2k gold doing the dailes selling stuff and putting stuff in the ah.. spent about half getting the mounts and stuff lol.

here is green

Here is purple

here is Red

here is the Silver

here is Blue
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Saturo

Re: Nether Ray Mount Finally!!

Unread post by Saturo »

Gratz! My favorite is the red one, even tough it has completely different eyeglow.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

slic123
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by slic123 »

Grats you! I've always found the Nether Ray mounts really awesome. Still have one on my lvl 70 hunter. How did you manage in two days? :P Did you just grind the Arrakoa mobs until exalted? If so, how long did this take you? I'm really interested in doing this on my druid if it only takes 2 days of farming :P

Again, grats :D

Regards, Slic

Fantasy is all you need
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thanks every one :D The silver one, i though at first wasnt gonna look to different but it is the Aether Ray sking from blades edge and omg if you could see the back o.O its beautiful. maybe ill take a pic of it. And i was about half way into honored or less. What i did, was do ALL off the dailies ( sketiss and blades edge) then i farmed the shadow dust for the elixer.
6 Shadow Dust=150 rep
Akorra Killed=10 points
Skettis kalarii=5 points ( until a certian lvl of rep then you dont get any from them)
The big ol trees = 30 points
Mini bosses=100
Terokk=500

What i did was farm alot of the dust, turn them in for the rep. When i had enough drank the elixer and farmed the time-lost scrolls. I made sure i had over 40. if i had any time left with the elixer just waited for it to run out. then i would kill the mini bosses. after i got the item from each that you turn in to get the time lost offering i would kill Terokk and then start all over again. its not to bad fun if you have someone else doing it with you. the dailies also help. i went from that points in honoreed half or so to exaulted in the 2 days.

i was dreaming of akkora last night -_-

Edir: Just got onto wow here is a pic of the back side of the Silver mounts ( OMGILOVEITSOMUCH) i love the ather ray skin... i really wish we could tame them its my all time omg fav.

Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Grats! I remember this grind -- worth every second!

I like the silver one best :D

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Cerah wrote:Grats! I remember this grind -- worth every second!

I like the silver one best :D
thank you :D it really wasnt all that bad not as bad as i thought or as bad as netherwing LOl which im working on right now.

oh i know i love the silver one :D its so beautiful!! i wish we could tame the Ather ray since it looks like it.. but ah well :D i have a nether ray named Midori he is a green one. I neamed my green nether ray mount Icee... cause well he reminds me of a mt.dew icee and them... them good
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

congrats to you! I would have neither the time nor the patience to do this

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

lol ty :D i didnt think i would have the patience for it since im not a real patient person but i was shocked.
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Holy tauren paladin, that silver ray is shiny! Golden, even! I never even noticed, but now I sort of want to go and buy that one. Pretty golden shine...

I did those dailies for -weeks!- I can't believe you could do it in two days. Amazing.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Holy tauren paladin, that silver ray is shiny! Golden, even! I never even noticed, but now I sort of want to go and buy that one. Pretty golden shine...

I did those dailies for -weeks!- I can't believe you could do it in two days. Amazing.
isnt it beautiful! i wish we could tame the ather rays ( same coloring). when riding it.. its like omg wow pretty!! i didnt think it had the gold shine till after i bought it then i was like " Holy BATMAN!" the silver/gold and green and blue are my top 3 fav.

lol yeah, i grinded the rep like it was no ones buiness it was all i did when i was on besdies my one daily random and maybe fishing daily.
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Quin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US )

Unread post by Quin »

Congratulations! :D
Quiniel Suncrier

Mini-Pet Collection - Mount Collection - Tabard Collection

Many thanks to Ket Shi for the lovely signature and Moonlost for the wonderful avatar!
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Quin wrote:Congratulations! :D
thank you :D
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Vicario
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar (US), Wyrmrest Accord (US), Vek'nilash (US)

Unread post by Vicario »

Pretty epic mount. I once thought of getting Nether Rays on my Shaman. What exactly did you grind?
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

thanks, skygaurd rep, they have dailies, the akkora in skettis give rep when u kill em turn in 6 shadow dust for rep, kill mini bosses for rep kill terokk for rep
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Been working on this while going to do my Netherwing dalies. Farming's not too terrible, though I can't seem to bring Terokk down solo....I almost get him there, but when he enrages after you break his shield he just completely roflstomps my poor boar. :(

How the heck do you unlock the Blade's Edge quests, though? I read somewhere that you DIDN'T need to have done the quest chain for Ogri'la in order to start those dalies, but I went up there yesterday and there are no quests from the skyguard :(

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

VelkynKarma wrote:Been working on this while going to do my Netherwing dalies. Farming's not too terrible, though I can't seem to bring Terokk down solo....I almost get him there, but when he enrages after you break his shield he just completely roflstomps my poor boar. :(

How the heck do you unlock the Blade's Edge quests, though? I read somewhere that you DIDN'T need to have done the quest chain for Ogri'la in order to start those dalies, but I went up there yesterday and there are no quests from the skyguard :(

~VelkynKarma
I couldn't bring Terrok down solo either -- I had to get the pally and mage in my guild to help me out, and by that time, all I needed to do was to kill him to get to exalted ^^;

You do have to do a few of the quests in Ogri'la to open up the Blade's Edge Skyguard dailies, and you have to have honoured rep with the Skyguard too, I think. The WoWWiki should have more information.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Sha%27tari_Skyguard

This grind's so worth it though! Not only do you get the awesome Nether Ray mounts, but an adorable Nether Ray Fry small pet, and at Honoured, you can get a parachute cloak for us non-engineers! Not to mention the npcs give quite the ego boost when they talk about you later on, saying things like "there's our ace pilot, <name>!" :D You also have to get at least to the Bomb Them Again Daily as part of the Winter Veil meta-achievement, so grinding with these guys indirectly contributes to getting your Violet Proto-Drake as well!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was soloing Terokk before, but the last time I did I died right when he had a sliver of health left. >< Now I'm all paranoid to solo him again because I hate wasting the Offering like that since it disappears whether you kill him or not.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

when i solod terokk this is what i did

1- made sure i was in bm spec and have my duilwen ( devilsaur-KK) out
2- summon him
3- make sure growl is on mend pet send devilsaur in
4- mw and kill command right away 5- keep using mend pet, md, and serpent sting steady shot
When he goes immun ( bubble) when u see the blue flairs on the grond from the sky gaurd have ur pet pull him there aand keep him there, dont attack because it does no good just mend pet.if u have him on the blue flair(blue smoke) he will be hit by the skygaurd and the bubble will break, if ur bw is up use it again and just take him down.

thats what i did
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Vephriel wrote:You do have to do a short Ogri'la chain to unlock those ones.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:The_Crystals
http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Our_Boy_Wa ... ard_Ranger
Okay, cool, that's it? Easy to do solo. I remember having to get a whole group together before to do that chain in Blade's Edge, the one when you need 5 people to stand on each part of the summoning circle? Pain in the butt to do. This'll be much easier :D
Siliverin wrote:when i solod terokk this is what i did

1- made sure i was in bm spec and have my duilwen ( devilsaur-KK) out
2- summon him
3- make sure growl is on mend pet send devilsaur in
4- mw and kill command right away 5- keep using mend pet, md, and serpent sting steady shot
When he goes immun ( bubble) when u see the blue flairs on the grond from the sky gaurd have ur pet pull him there aand keep him there, dont attack because it does no good just mend pet.if u have him on the blue flair(blue smoke) he will be hit by the skygaurd and the bubble will break, if ur bw is up use it again and just take him down.

thats what i did
I got him down to the point when he's immune to stuff. The first time I didn't realize you needed to get him into the fire until it was too late, unfortunately. The second time I had my boar kite him over to the fires, but afterwards he enrages and just hit my poor boar too hard. Dax went down and Terokk came after me :( Both times he had almost no health left, but I couldn't burn him down enough Xx; And yeah Veph, I agree with you, I don't like how it wastes your summoning materials regardless of win or lose ><

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons