Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on >>

User avatar
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 pm
Realm: Shandris
Gender: Male

Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on >>

Unread post by wildstormz »

I was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on realm?? wb thanks:D :headbang:
User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4488
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Rawr »

Not sure what ur asking hun, clarify please :mrgreen:

Image

User avatar
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 pm
Realm: Shandris
Gender: Male

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by wildstormz »

Sorry i was wondering if blizz will be adding a new slot to add more toons at the moment we can only have 10 per server i heard they might be adding 1 for free as extra slot if want 2 more you gotta pay for it... not sure if it true or not... please help me with this info i really like to know :) thanks. sorry if my english sucks :(
User avatar
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2511
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H
Gender: Female
Location: Finland

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Golden »

I remember hearing that they would be planning on adding additional character slots for money. No idea on the single free one, personally I don't see it happening.
Image
User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4488
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Rawr »

I don't really think we should have to pay for more character slots, it should come with Cata when we buy it, after all this is the most expensive expansion ever, and we are getting more races...just makes sense to me. :mrgreen:

Image

User avatar
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2511
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H
Gender: Female
Location: Finland

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Golden »

Rawr wrote:I don't really think we should have to pay for more character slots, it should come with Cata when we buy it, after all this is the most expensive expansion ever, and we are getting more races...just makes sense to me. :mrgreen:
Then again, knowing Activision, they probably won't be giving out stuff for free when they could be asking for money. :S

Damn, why are all my posts so negative today... XD
Image
User avatar
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I can't believe that there are actually people on the O-boards that are AGAINST the very thought of Bliz adding character slots, ever.

it's not like it can have a negative impact!

and I HOPE TO HELL that Bliz adds extra slots, because if they don't I can't play either Worgen or Goblin, since my server is full up on all three accounts.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Sarayana »

Last I heard, they weren't planning on it, simply because of the load it'd put on the servers. I mean, think about it. 30k people on a medium-high pop server, everyone gets another slot - that's 30k more toons just on that server.

Much as I'd love to see it, I think that's the reason we won't get it.

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Sukurachi »

extra character slots wouldn't affect active gameplay, as you can only play one character at a time per account. so a server with 30k active characters would remain a server with 30k active characters.

if they are worried about the information those extra toons would add to storage, then they seriously need to be updating the servers that store character info!

if there are 30k accounts on a server, I am highly skeptical that all 30k of them would actually create enough new toons to fill up all of those slots. it seems that most WoW players (ie: the majority) are not anywhere near their character capacity of 10 toons on a server.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Sarayana »

Really? *cough* uhm yeah, nowhere near the 10 toons on any of the servers I play on. :?

I don't really know enough about comps/servers (could you tell?? :roll:) but I do know that they've said they are not adding any character slots for Cata. Of course we can always hope they change their minds...

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Saturo »

Golden wrote:Damn, why are all my posts so negative today... XD
You're starting to turn into me!! :o

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Well,I have two accounts (three if I count my better half's), and I dual-box them all.
I have 10 toons on each of "my" accounts on the same sever.
And yes, a bunch are hunters, but then, I have an alchemist, an enchanter, a scribe, a tailor, a gatherer (mining/herbalism), a blacksmith, an engineer, etc...
then I have a priest, a mage, a deathknight, a warlock, a druid, a paladin, a warrior, a shaman...
6 are level 80, almost all of the others are over level 70, almost all have capped crafts.

there is NO way I am deleting a toon to make a worgen/goblin.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

User avatar
Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:16 am
Realm: The Scryers
Gender: Female

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by Renle »

extra character slots wouldn't affect active gameplay, as you can only play one character at a time per account. so a server with 30k active characters would remain a server with 30k active characters.
Add to the fact that NOT having any new slots for toons on your old servers when cata hits will be making the population of other servers go up, as those who have the max amount of toons on their main server, will have to roll the new toons on new servers.
So it actually makes more sense to allow extra character slots per realm per player if we are talking about keeping the population down.

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

Image

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^

User avatar
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 pm
Realm: Shandris
Gender: Male

Re: Hi there... was wondering if blizz adding extra slot on

Unread post by wildstormz »

It won,t make any differents because.... they won,t be using there other toon they be logging on worgen must of the time so the population wouldn,t be so bad.. :P
Post Reply